Willis McGahee

Frez

He still has 2 years left on his deal...We should wait to see what kind of a season he has before signing him lonnnng term. It's farrr toooo early.

648209[/snapback]

But, if he has a break out season do you realize what it will cost us further down the road?

But, if he has a break out season do you realize what it will cost us further down the road?

648228[/snapback]

This is completely true, but with our OL, I am not loving those odds. :doh:

With 2 years to go for Willis, I would rather they try to sign Nate first, although the chances for that do appear to be slim.

This is completely true, but with our OL, I am not loving those odds.  ;)

With 2 years to go for Willis, I would rather they try to sign Nate first, although the chances for that do appear to be slim.

648234[/snapback]

I forgot about Nate. :doh:

He still has 2 years left on his deal...We should wait to see what kind of a season he has before signing him lonnnng term. It's farrr toooo early.

648209[/snapback]

Absolutely. He ahad a bad year behind a bad line in a bad system. Lets see what he can do with a breath of fresh air in Fairchilds sysyem. Lets let him earn this.

That logic once upon a time was used to sign a guy named Rob Johnson.

With two years left on his deal, there's no reason he should be extended at this point.

648228[/snapback]

That logic once upon a time was used to sign a guy named Rob Johnson.

With two years left on his deal, there's no reason he should be extended at this point.

648639[/snapback]

Good running backs aren't all that hard to come by. Get another one down the road. It's equally possible he'll be average.

Problem is, if you extend him for something low now to try and get a bargain, when he has a breakout year he may demand the big bucks then

648438[/snapback]

I think Drew and Willis are going to demand big bucks next year whether we extend him or not.

Whether he has a breakout year or not, either.

Do we sign Willis to a contract ext with this money will have left over from Moulds leaving?

648198[/snapback]

Absolutely not. The OL was bad in 05, but it was also pitiful in 04 when WM was a completely different player. What happened to the powerful straight arm in 05?

Absolutely not.  The OL was bad in 05, but it was also pitiful in 04 when WM was a completely different player.  What happened to the powerful straight arm in 05?

648680[/snapback]

A big difference was the fact that CV was good in 04, and fell apart in 05. Also, Big Mike had some decent games in 04 (Arizona for one) and was so bad that he was benched in 05.

I think Drew and Willis are going to demand big bucks next year whether we extend him or not.

Whether he has a breakout year or not, either.

648658[/snapback]

And if you extend him out past 2 years you are looking at maybe a 4-5!! year contract. With his injury history, I can't see him lasting 5 years.

I would say he is going to demand more money today for a 5 year contract than he will in two years.

A big difference was the fact that CV was good in 04, and fell apart in 05. Also, Big Mike had some decent games in 04 (Arizona for one) and was so bad that he was benched in 05.

648685[/snapback]

So, like you mean the total absence of blocking has something to do with it?

:D

648209[/snapback]

Yeah but come on, that just makes far too much sense. Expect them to pay him Edge kind of money and see him bust this season.

Definitely wait & see what he does, he hasn't yet proven that he's anything extra special. If he ends up getting too pricey, then goodbye, RB's are a dime-a-dozen.

649308[/snapback]

It's hard to say at this point because he has played behind a crap line thus far. Without any improvments to the line? At this point we may not get any answers this season either. Willis is not a patient man. In the Bills line continues to be crap he'll be jumping ship at the first chance.

wait. the market for RBs is never as strong as it is for other positions. there's no reason to do the deal now. really you could get domanick davis for a song right now and he's pretty decent and there's a situation like that every year plus a strong crop of rookies every year. RB's are Kleenex, good in the short term but meant to be disposable.

648228[/snapback]

And if last season was indicative of what we can expect in the future, and we tie up alot of money in him, do you realize what that will cost us cap-wise down the road?

My vote for most ridiculous thread this year. Top runningbacks are easier to come by than any other position, and they have shorter careers.

Frankly, I bet we part ways after two more years, and the Bills faithfull will be busy gushing over their latest new speedster.

And if last season was indicative of what we can expect in the future, and we tie up alot of money in him, do you realize what that will cost us cap-wise down the road?

My vote for most ridiculous thread this year.  Top runningbacks are easier to come by than any other position,  and they have shorter careers.

Frankly,  I bet we part ways after two more years, and the Bills faithfull will be busy gushing over their latest new speedster.

649572[/snapback]

Already echoed in many other posts, but very few here seem to read anything besides their own. Maybe the one previous? Maybe. It's probably more like read the heading, click and opine. Forget thought.

Outside of the opinion that I have seen about a couple hundred more ridiculous posts, I agree with you 100%. Willis (and agent) made himself another distracting sidebar last year. Drafting him that high was a very unwise move, my opinion. But, the faithfull considered it a coup, and now many of the champions of the cause B word because they didn't see his straight arm enough last year.

Bad lines? Ever watch Barry Sanders play? Willis is no Sanders, Sweetness, or even OJ for that matter. People seem to forget the whole game has changed, has been dumbed down, watered down and it's all about "right now". They don't play their first game of the 2006 season for a couple months yet. I think. I'm not a TSW analyst guru, so I'm not sure of the dates.

Already echoed in many other posts, but very few here seem to read anything besides their own. Maybe the one previous? Maybe. It's probably more like read the heading, click and opine. Forget thought.

650057[/snapback]

Ah yes, message boards.