This ends the QB debate

I promise I didn't write this article.....but we are definately of the same thinking.....

647167[/snapback]

I am with the 2 of you as well. Notice how the JP haters discredit any fact that shows JP did make some strides?

I promise I didn't write this article.....but we are definately of the same thinking.....

647167[/snapback]

Weiler usually is unreadable but, egad, I found his article informative and I agree with it although that part was easy since I am on the "let's give JP a real chance before we judge him" bandwagon.

A real chance means - more than 2 seconds to throw 2/3 of the time, receivers that try on 2/3 ofthe plays, and a run game that averages over 3 yards per attempt.

I read it, and couldn't make heads or tails of most of it. Other then he says lots of guys are gonna be old in a few years, including Mcgahee, Mcgee, Spikes, etc.. and therefore we should cut them now, go to youth and start Losman.

Yeah that's real credible reporting and analysis.

Hell in 40 years Parrish will be 63, let's cut him now, and not get caught up in the rush.

Guys, always remember (from a guy who works with statistics all the time), statistics can easily be manipulated into saying whatever you want them to. Also, you need to know the context in which the were derived. There may be absolutely no difference between 58 and 63%...then again there may be a huge difference between 60 and 62%. You have to take all statistics with a grain of salt.

Having said that, I'm not excited at this point about any of the QBs on the roster. That being the case, give JP a shot and see what comes of it. Only trade him if there is a really good deal (which, there won't be). Even if Holcomb gives the Bills the best chance to win now it, ultimately gets the team nothing because they certainly aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. Let's see what we have since there is no better option.

Young just seems to be the perfect canadate to be a college wonder an a bust in the pro's. He hasa somewhat unconventional deliverey, uses his legs alot. Those things can work great in college and the guy can be labeled a winner. But it just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

I like JP.

I just think Vince Young is better. :blink:

647173[/snapback]

Young just seems to be the perfect canadate to be a college wonder an a bust in the pro's.  He hasa somewhat unconventional deliverey, uses his legs alot.  Those things can work great in college and the guy can be labeled a winner.  But it just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

647296[/snapback]

I agree completely. There are lots of excellent college QBs that can't conform to the NFL game (almost every Florida QB in the last 20 yrs!!). Especially these guys that are exceptional athletes and average QBs. Let's be real here, Vince Young won the Rose Bowl because of his athletic ability, not his QB skills.

I didn't read the article. I don't care if it's pro- or con- toward Losman. I refuse to read these fly-by-night websites that get zit-faced web geeks who live in their mom's basement to write these garbage pieces for free, then expect you and I to treat it like serious journalism. Anything written by someone who is not a member of the legitimate sports press and who has no real contacts in the league is no more valid than what you and I post.

PTR

This guy may be just a zit-faced geek, and it is true that a flat comparison of stats doesn't always support a point in reality even though they may seem to on the surface, but I agree generally with the point of the article.

The kid had his moments, was not given the commitment that he should have been given to develop last year due to the whinings of selfish teammates and weakness of the head coach. I also agree that while Holcomb had some good outings, overall he did not perform that much better than JP, especially given the huge difference in their respective years of experience.

And finally, I find the close parallels between the beginning of both JP's and Brett's careers rather disconcerting and it would be a gaffe of unbelievable proportions if JP is sent packing before he gets a fair shot at showing what he can become and he turns out to be another Favre with a different team.

Levy needs to concentrate on improving the surrounding cast as much as he can, especially with this draft and a few more FA's along the way. He then needs to have enough patience to stay the course and let JP develop sufficently to find out.

"Article"? Looks to me like another op-ed from the guy who used to post over on BZ. (FYI, he's a season-ticket holder, or at least used to be.)

PTR is correct about one thing -- Wys may be entitled to his opinion, but it's no more valid than yours or mine.

"Article"? Looks to me like another op-ed from the guy who used to post over on BZ. (FYI, he's a season-ticket holder, or at least used to be.)

PTR is correct about one thing -- Wys may be entitled to his opinion, but it's no more valid than yours or mine.

647838[/snapback]

Om'gawd. You actually read that thing?

You are a Saint.

Om'gawd. You actually read that thing?

You are a Saint.

647840[/snapback]

After sorting through some of the drivel that's been spewed forth onto the Wall recently? My tolerance level is fairly high these days.

Besides, I'm familiar with Wys' work. In one classic thread from the early days of Billszone, he decided to subtract Travis Henry's three longest runs from scrimmage during a particular game to prove Henry had a lousy yards-per-carry average and should be benched.

(Note: if you read far enough, you'll discover that was the season Henry rushed for 1400+ yards and went to the Pro Bowl.)