Moulds to Houston, per ESPN/radio/Clayton

The_Real

http://www.click2houston.com/randysblog/index.html

Hi folks. Local 2 sports has been in contact with people close to the Eric Moulds negotiations with the Eagles. Late Wednesday afternoon The "WIP" sports radio station in Philly is reporting that Moulds and his agent have come to terms with the Texans on a contract extension. Now both the Texans and Bills are working out details on a trade that will get him to Houston.

More tonight on KPRC Local 2 Sports at 10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. Sad if it is true.

646481[/snapback]

I'm not so sure of that Nick. I love E. Moulds as a Buffalo Bill but he isn't the same guy he used to be. He didn't want the pay cut, he didn't want to play when the balls weren't all thrown to him and he apparently didn't want to be in Buffalo. If we can get something of value for him then I think it might work out for all parties. If it's a 7th rounder then I'm with you.

His production is slipping. He's 32. He's developed an attitude about being here. So... Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Look on the bright side, atleast fans from Buffalo won't have to watch him and Jimmy Brinson anymore with that atrocious program 'The Eric Moulds Show'.

T_R

Just because Moulds agrees to terms with Houston does not mean the Bills have to trade him to that team. Yes, it obviously makes it a lot more likely that Moulds will be a Texan, but the Bills still need to make sure this is the best value possible for them. Give Philly and Denver a final shot to up the ante.

I'm not so sure of that Nick.  I love E. Moulds as a Buffalo Bill but he isn't the same guy he used to be.  He didn't want the pay cut, he didn't want to play when the balls weren't all thrown to him and he apparently didn't want to be in Buffalo.  If we can get something of value for him then I think it might work out for all parties.  If it's a 7th rounder then I'm with you. 

His production is slipping.  He's 32.  He's developed an attitude about being here.  So...  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. 

Look on the bright side, atleast fans from Buffalo won't have to watch him and Jimmy Brinson anymore with that atrocious program 'The Eric Moulds Show'. 

T_R

646482[/snapback]

I agree with this. During the Tampa game last year, I was almost mauled when I expressed my doubts about Eric's efforts during two pass attempts JP threw to him. It SEEMED to me on a sideline screen and then on the intercepted over the middle deep pass to Moulds, both times Eric made no effort to stretch and/or accelerate for the ball. Yes, both balls were poorly thrown but, in my opinion, Eric could have still caught the screen and could have tipped or maybe even have caught the over-the-middle pass. Anyone with a copy of the game - take a look at those plays and let me know if I am out to lunch.

Another milder point is that JP and Evans did not seem to have this problem. Was it because JP threw better passes to Lee and not to Eric or was there less effort on Eric's part? I agree that losing Eric is sad and , when Eric plays to his best at his current ability, is a loss. But I am not sure he would play at that level with JP in there.

I am still not sure because we are talking effort rather than ability which is very hard to know for sure.

either way - good bye Eric. You were a great WR for the Bills. :angry:

-RnJ

I live in the philly area and WIP doesnt have any sources, they float a lot of stuff just to get people to call the show.

The only person worth anything on that station is Howard Eskin, everyone else is just a joke. Unless you read it somewhere else dont believe what that station reports as a rumor

A second rounder and I will be willing to call it a terrific deal.  I suspect it will more likely be a third.  I'll be disappointed if it is a fourth.

646685[/snapback]

A fourth Rounder from the Texans is actually a good pick. Hear me out for a second... Texans are pickingg number one over all, It would be nice to have the first over all pick of day 2 as a personell man you have alot of time to get the pick right.

Listening to the rhetoric it appears the bridges are burned and Moulds will not play for the Bills this year. The Bills will look for any compensation in a trade deal that will allow the Bills to help decide where it is that Moulds goes. Levy floated a 4th out there as an ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to have him accept less to a.) ensure Moulds is out of the East, b.) get Moulds' contract off the cap, and c.) move on. I would expect that Levy will hold Moulds as long as it takes to convince those interested that the decision now is to trade Moulds. Despite the "we can wait 'til he's cut" mentality, there are teams that are desperate/crazy enough to do the trade to ensure they get Moulds. Houston's a prime example, as Moulds the free agent would obviously take less money to play for the Eagles (his clear desired destination, and why not?) than more money to play for Houston. I don't see Moulds as one to refuse a trade, so that may be the only scenario for Houston to be able to get Moulds...

He gave up against Miami.

Get the hell out, and if we get squeeze a draft pick for your sorry ass, then Marv has made a good move as GM.

RTB

646485[/snapback]

We don't know the whole story on that one.

Does anyone else in this room really think that Philly will be a contender next year? I know its a little late with the signing of Johnson in Carolina, but I thought he would have fit better there. They are an obvious contender.