Are you for or against abortion

gotsoccer22

Are you for or against abortion?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against abortion?

• yes
    • no

58 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Yeah, I got one. What about retarded babies? The autism/retard tests are not certain, and comes back with a probability.  I'd be willing to bet that a significant number of abortions are based that, as this was what the baby doctor basically told us with regard to the autism/retard testing, when my son was still a fetus.

You want to save the lives of normal healthy fetuses, then some form of infanticide may help. At least in the autism/retard abortion regard. 

What about harvesting fetuses for stem cells? That saves lives.

Can I just knock up tinder chicks and then sell fetuses for stem cells use? Is it legal? Do you think a 50/50 is asking too much?

Not to be a complete dick but when you use the term baby doctor I essentially look at you as a moron. Do you get called baby daddy?  Is baby called baby baby?  Do you put her in the corner?  Does beiber constantly say oooooh to her?

Seriously, an ObGyn is the doctor. 

And knocking up tinder chicks. I looked in to this. Bad idea.  I know a woman at 41 who got knocked up by a 19 yr old on a tinder 3rd date.  Kept it.  Dudes !@#$ed.  I've only once had a girl plan b it. Condom broke. She wasn't ovulating. No chances taken disrespectful.  But still, no kids I know of and I'm damn glad. I won't until they get foolproof tests because karma is going to give me a hand full when I have kids; I better marry a saint.

10 hours ago, Paulus said:

Yeah, I got one. What about retarded babies? The autism/retard tests are not certain, and comes back with a probability.  I'd be willing to bet that a significant number of abortions are based that, as this was what the baby doctor basically told us with regard to the autism/retard testing, when my son was still a fetus.

You want to save the lives of normal healthy fetuses, then some form of infanticide may help. At least in the autism/retard abortion regard. 

What about harvesting fetuses for stem cells? That saves lives.

Can I just knock up tinder chicks and then sell fetuses for stem cells use? Is it legal? Do you think a 50/50 is asking too much?

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

No need to read the whole report.  I just linked it to show where I got my numbers from.  Your stating that you're willing to bet that a significant number of abortions are due to fetal health couldn't be further from the truth.  From the report:

Actual percentage of U.S. abortions in "hard cases" are estimated as follows: in cases of rape, 0.3%; in cases of incest, 0.03%; in cases of risk to maternal life, 0.1%; in cases of risk to maternal health, 0.8%; and in cases of fetal health issues, 0.5%. About 98.3% of abortions in the United States are elective, including socio-economic reasons or for birth control. This includes perhaps 30% for primarily economic reasons and possibly 0.1% each for sex selection and selective reduction of multifetal pregnancies.

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

No need to read the whole report.  I just linked it to show where I got my numbers from.  Your stating that you're willing to bet that a significant number of abortions are due to fetal health couldn't be further from the truth.  From the report:

sig·nif·i·cant
siɡˈnifikənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
    "a significant increase in sales"
    synonyms: notable, noteworthy, worthy of attention, remarkable, important, of importance, of consequence, signal;More

2. 2.
    having a particular meaning; indicative of something.
    "in times of stress her dreams seemed to her especially significant"

It does look like most abortion studies deem the "fetal health issues" notable. It is noted and remarkable. 

Please stop messaging me with stupid comments, Mr. Connotation.
19 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Not to be a complete dick but when you use the term baby doctor I essentially look at you as a moron. Do you get called baby daddy?  Is baby called baby baby?  Do you put her in the corner?  Does beiber constantly say oooooh to her?

Seriously, an ObGyn is the doctor. 

And knocking up tinder chicks. I looked in to this. Bad idea.  I know a woman at 41 who got knocked up by a 19 yr old on a tinder 3rd date.  Kept it.  Dudes !@#$ed.  I've only once had a girl plan b it. Condom broke. She wasn't ovulating. No chances taken disrespectful.  But still, no kids I know of and I'm damn glad. I won't until they get foolproof tests because karma is going to give me a hand full when I have kids; I better marry a saint.

I really don't care. 1) I do say baby mama 2) I didn't want to bother to write gyno, as I was hungover 3) I was kidding about selling fetuses; my one child is a blond haired, blue eyed boy worth much more sold as a child than for stem cells. 

Please stop messaging me with stupid comments. Mr. Denotation.

Edited by Paulus

22 minutes ago, Paulus said:
sig·nif·i·cant
siɡˈnifikənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
    "a significant increase in sales"
    synonyms: notable, noteworthy, worthy of attention, remarkable, important, of importance, of consequence, signal;More

2. 2.
    having a particular meaning; indicative of something.
    "in times of stress her dreams seemed to her especially significant"

It does look like most abortion studies deem the "fetal health issues" notable. It is noted and remarkable. 

Please stop messaging me with stupid comments, Mr. Connotation.

I really don't care. 1) I do say baby mama 2) I didn't want to bother to write gyno, as I was hungover 3) I was kidding about selling fetuses; my one child is a blond haired, blue eyed boy worth much more sold as a child than for stem cells. 

Please stop messaging me with stupid comments. Mr. Denotation.

Then I'll have nothing to contribute. :(

• Like (+1) 1

NIFLA Supreme Court Case Exposes Abortion Groups’ Opposition to Choice

By ALEXANDRA DESANCTIS
supreme-court-building-equal-justice.jpg

The Supreme Court this morning heard oral arguments in the case NIFLA v. Becerra, which concerns the Reproductive FACT Act, a California bill that compels crisis-pregnancy centers (CPCs) to advertise for state-funded abortion services.

The abortion-rights lobby’s campaign in favor of this law has been particularly revealing. Leading up to today’s arguments, Planned Parenthood, NARAL, and EMILY’s List have boosted the law by conducting an all-out assault against CPCs, calling them “fake women’s health centers” and accusing them of luring women in with “deceptive” information.

In reality, pregnancy-resource centers are extremely clear about what they do. They’re operated by pro-life individuals, of course, but nearly all of them have doctors and other medical professionals on staff, and they offer a variety of resources largely free of charge, including ultrasounds and other medical care. And these centers are upfront about the fact that they don’t offer abortions, because to do so would conflict with their mission, which is to enable women to choose life for their babies.

Primarily, these centers exist to counsel and assist women facing crisis pregnancies, whether they aren’t sure what choice to make or feel unable to choose life. Often, a woman will specifically seek out a CPC because she wishes to keep her child but feels unable to do so, whether because the child’s father or her own family wants her to abort, or because she doesn’t have enough income to support herself and her child.

The resources at CPCs enable women to choose life. And they support pregnant women every step of the way, referring them elsewhere for medical care as needed and usually offering extensive support after the child has been born, too. Abortion groups have made it very clear that they disapprove of this type of assistance.

For all of their talk about the ultimate importance of the “right to choose” and “female autonomy,” Planned Parenthood and NARAL can’t stand the idea that women might freely choose to keep a pregnancy — and that they might be aided in that choice by groups that tell them they don’t need to abort their children in order to be free.

This animosity toward CPCs is evident from the fact that Planned Parenthood collaborated with California legislators to craft the very text of the FACT Act. The bill is an explicit effort to cripple CPCs and force them to direct their clients toward abortion, which is antithetical to the mission of CPCs and unhelpful to women who wish to keep their pregnancies.

But perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that “pro-choice” groups don’t actually support any choices other than abortion. After all, abortion providers have a vested interest in forcing CPCs to direct clients to abortion rather than helping them keep their babies — just take a look at the way abortion procedures contribute to Planned Parenthood’s bottom line.

No matter how the NIFLA case is decided, it has been invaluable in exposing these groups for being affirmatively pro-abortion, not truly “pro-choice.”

CONTINUE READING STORYCONTINUE READING

I'm anti-abortion, generally speaking.

I don't think it should be something used unless it's medically necessary. I'm also very much pro-birth control. I've often thought the key to breaking the cycle of poverty is to ensure poor people can't have more children. The teenage kids of welfare recipients should have the 5 year birth control implants implanted as a requirement for further state assistance for their parents.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I'm anti-abortion, generally speaking.

I don't think it should be something used unless it's medically necessary. I'm also very much pro-birth control. I've often thought the key to breaking the cycle of poverty is to ensure poor people can't have more children. The teenage kids of welfare recipients should have the 5 year birth control implants implanted as a requirement for further state assistance for their parents.

I'm anti-abortion, in the sense that gatorman's posts are abortions and I'm dead-set against them.