So Moulds IS getting some play

Just heard this on ESPN the radio..

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Hmmmmmmmm.  Of course this is ESPN so... 

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

That doesn't make sense for us. 2 picks!!! 0:) WTF? Walker is alot younger than Moulds and prolly faster too. You gotta wonder why they're giving up on him. You think Favre is pushing for this? I don't think so.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense for us.  2 picks!!!    0:)  WTF?  Walker is alot younger than Moulds and prolly faster too.  You gotta wonder why they're giving up on him.  You think Favre is pushing for this?  I don't think so.

642807[/snapback]

Actually Favre COULD be behind this. Last year Favre was very vocal in his criticism of Walker's holdout. In fact, some would say that #4 crossed the line of being a mouthpiece for the Packers' organization when he went so far as to say that he hoped that the team didn't "give in". I love Favre, but considering that he was making more than 10 times what Walker was, maybe he should have kept his nose out of it. Suffice to say that there may be some bad blood between the two.

Green Bay is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick this year (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

I am not for this deal. We need to wait as long as possible to get the best possible offer. I don't think this is it.

My concern is we don't wait too long to get something done. Last year we had all this angst till draft day with Henry and then didn't a pick till the next year. We got tooled by Tennesee. They had Henry all year ( except for suspension) and we wait till this year. Same with PP pick MaGahee. Another lost year. We are not an elite team who has the luxury of depth and no need for talent.

Don't let this EOM thing go on. He doesn't want to be there. Get a third or fourth, move up or whatever but get it behind us and get a good draft board planned.

I am not for this deal.  We need to wait as long as possible to get the best possible offer.  I don't think this is it.

642825[/snapback]

0:):devil:

The longer the Bills wait, likely, the less they will get...the longer they wait, the more time WR needy teams have to address their needs. I honestly don't see the Bills getting a much better deal than this. Is giving up a third round pick a much surer thing than an emerging wide receiver (Walker) not recovering from an injury? I don't think so...Jevon Walker would hardly be the first NFL player to recover from an ACL injury. A straight up trade, the Bills will get much less for Moulds than they would, if they package him with draft picks. Whoever thinks New England will give up a #2 pick for Moulds, is nuts...New England didn't get where they are, by overpaying for players. I could see New England trading a #2 for Walker...not Moulds.

0:)  :devil:

The longer the Bills wait, likely, the less they will get...the longer they wait, the more time WR needy teams have to address their needs.

I think you're overlooking something. Moulds is probably the best available option at WR right now. Teams want him, and he who blinks last will get the best deal. DO you usually jump at the first offer you're given? RUle number one when negotiating...always, always counter.

Walker is a sick receiver! I would give them a 5th and Moulds rather than getting nothing for him and cutting him. Walker is a dream player for us, I cant believe you guys are complaining! Seriously though, not 2 picks for him, just 1 and EM. DONE

I think you're overlooking something. Moulds is probably the best available option at WR right now. Teams want him, and he who blinks last will get the best deal. DO you usually jump at the first offer you're given? RUle number one when negotiating...always, always counter.

642896[/snapback]

Moulds would be the best option, after Walker! Rule number two, don't be too clever for your own good, or you might be held with your d**k in your hands! What if your first offer is your only real option? People are dreaming if they think we are going to get a second round pick for Moulds straight up...Green Bay could likely get a #2 or 3 for Walker (injury and all), and then get in the bidding war for Moulds when we have to release him....

Buffalo may be just as desperate as Green Bay...you people are acting like Green Bay would be giving up nothing...

Moulds would be the best option, after Walker!  Rule number two, don't be too clever for your own good, or you might be held with your d**k in your hands!  What if your first offer is your only real option?  People are dreaming if they think we are going to get a second round pick for Moulds straight up...Green Bay could likely get a #2 or 3 for Walker (injury and all), and then get in the bidding war for Moulds when we have to release him....

Buffalo may be just as desperate as Green Bay...you people are acting like Green Bay would be giving up nothing...

642953[/snapback]

DOn't be too clever? You're chomping at the bit 2 days after hearing this on ESPN. If your first offer is your only real option, and if that option is a GOOD option, you take a serious look at it. And you counter any offer you're given. If you aren't willing to walk away from a deal, you're going to loose in the end.

I never said I think we'll get a 2nd for Moulds, however, some people obviously didn't read this thread very well because the rumor mentions trading our 8th for GB's 5th, NOT giving them a 5th rounder on top of the 3rd and 4th picks mentioned.

Would you do it?

642448[/snapback]

This is a real rough one. The Packers dropping the demand for next year's pick might make it a little easier. Walker will be a free agent at the end of '06, I believe, so the Bills should get Walker to agree to a new contract before making the trade regardless. Walker held out last year, had a season ending injury early and demands a trade this year -- not sure that sounds like the character guy Marv is looking for. I say no way to the walker + 5th = Moulds, 3rd, ('07) 4th.

I'd take it.

642453[/snapback]

1st we need draft picks to address multiple positions...I hope this regime

does not throw draft picks away like the previous one.....Plus Walker will

sit out until he gets the mega contract......We have to avoid giving the

big contract to the new WR.......Evans contract will be coming up soon....

There are Packer fans who don't like it either so it could be a good trade. There are Packer fans also saying the Packers get ripped off in this trade.

The thing is both teams could be facing losing the guys without compensation.

Would the Bills just cut Moulds? They could find a worse trade.

It is a deal that would benefit both teams and as to draft picks etc the details could be worked out.

Walker has a base salary of 1.15 million in 2006 and has 500K in incentives in his contract. Moulds is 6 million in salary to the Packers but 10 million against the cap for the Bills.

Walker has wanted to renegotiate his contract after his Pro Bowl season. He is not a head case he is just mad because the #3 receiver makes 3 times the money he does and it burns him up. The Bills want to renegotiate Moulds.

A deal where both gain and both don't lose could be a good one. You are never entirely happy with these but sometimes you get the best deal you can when you can. Walker is younger and cheaper. Throwing in a pick compensates for that but if the details can work out it can be good for both teams.

I think that if this were an acurrate report coming out of Green Bay, then it just took a turn for the worse. Apparently Green Bay just agreed to terms with WR Marc Boerigter. I don't think that this favors the Moulds situation. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.