Are we honestly any better than last year

damj

Ok, who thinks that we're any better than we were last year?

636077[/snapback]

.... sound of crickets chirping ..... ;)

Actually, I think the Bills ARE better ... but so are most of the rest of the teams in the NFL, due to the higher salary cap limit. If you compare the Bills just to the other 3 teams in the AFC East ... I think the news is even worse - all those teams have improved more than Buffalo, to the point that right now, I think we have to look up even to see the Jests! ;)

If we had the same coaching staff I would say we would be around the same

But with the new coaching staff, its hard to say. Was it really the coaching staff that made this team horrible or were the players really that bad that no coach would have made them a solid team. I think this coaching staff is alot better then the one we had, but will that make a difference. Have we made additions due to subtractions (i.e. Cutting Mike Williams is going to make the team better then keeping him and making due)

Its hard to say because there are to many variables to say if the team is better or worse. I doubt you will be able to figure this out until atleast training camp or pre-season.

.... sound of crickets chirping .....    ;)

Actually, I think the Bills ARE better ... but so are most of the rest of the teams in the NFL, due to the higher salary cap limit.  If you compare the Bills just to the other 3 teams in the AFC East ... I think the news is even worse - all those teams have improved more than Buffalo, to the point that right now, I think we have to look up even to see the Jests!      ;)

636094[/snapback]

I don't see it that way

The Patriots haven't gotten better (yet) cause they haven't done anything to make they better (or worse unless the couple cuts they made will come back and hurt them)

The Dolphins have gotten better by solving their QB problem (but rumor has it he might not be ready to go til November) but that is not a guarantee cause he is damaged goods and might not come back to the way he played in previous years. Also Is Dante really that great without Moss? Other then that they really haven't done much else. Buffalo beat them once, and then lost a 21 point lead in the second game to lose to them. Dolphins are a big ? to me next year.

What have the jets done this offseason to make them warrant any thought of being much better then they were last year. They brought in Patrick Ramsey to compete for a starting job against Pennington whom no one is sure will ever be back to being a good QB again. They are dealing one of their best lineman (Abraham) lost a good lineman in Fabini and a good centre in Mawae. The jest have alot more holes to fill then Buffalo and so far have only made an attempt to fill one of them. They are also rumored to be interested in trading down to get Leinart in the draft. As good as Leinart may be projected to be in the NFL, I don't consider this an improvement for next year.

.... sound of crickets chirping .....    :lol:

Actually, I think the Bills ARE better ... but so are most of the rest of the teams in the NFL, due to the higher salary cap limit.  If you compare the Bills just to the other 3 teams in the AFC East ... I think the news is even worse - all those teams have improved more than Buffalo, to the point that right now, I think we have to look up even to see the Jests!      ;)

636094[/snapback]

Only 11 minutes between the original post and your declaration of crickets chirping?

Slow day?... ;)

I think we have the right captains drivining the ship. Before we had a bunch of talented crew, but a sheety captain. I think we generally have the same crew with a battle tested captain with an eye for the right ingredients. Half of any spor tis mental toughness, and the belief in yourself... WIth marv and company, i Think the players find that belief in themselves.

Ok, who thinks that we're any better than we were last year? I wish that someone could give me hope.

636077[/snapback]

Are you asking do we have better players? That won't answered untill the season starts. And the real answer may be 2-3 seasons down the road.

If you're asking do the Bills have more big-name FA's, the answer is no.

PTR

Ok, who thinks that we're any better than we were last year? I wish that someone could give me hope.

636077[/snapback]

The clown MM is out.....the guy who didn'nt start a young QB and give him

experience, but rather started a journeyman to save his job.....

.... sound of crickets chirping .....    :lol:

Actually, I think the Bills ARE better ... but so are most of the rest of the teams in the NFL, due to the higher salary cap limit.  If you compare the Bills just to the other 3 teams in the AFC East ... I think the news is even worse - all those teams have improved more than Buffalo, to the point that right now, I think we have to look up even to see the Jests!      :lol:

636094[/snapback]

How have the Jets improved ? What has NE done to improve their existing roster ?

The only team that has improved on paper is the dolphins, who did hit a home

run with their QB position......

The Patriots have lost McGinest and David Givens....The Jets have got Ramsey

and renegotiated a contract for Pennington, both of which are high risks.

If the bills get Ryan Pickett, a well known FA that was listed in the top 25 FA

list of CNNSI and ESPN, then everyone will rave the bills as having had a

decent free agency.

The only team that has made the big splash in the FA is the washington redskins

and the last time I checked the superbowl scoreboard, they have not been to

the superbowl since 1992.

If the bills get Ryan Pickett, a well known FA that was listed in the top 25 FA

list of CNNSI and ESPN, then everyone will rave the bills as having had a

decent free agency.

636589[/snapback]

Has Pickett already signed with GB yet?

They have reported it on various small football websites and WGR I believe, but I haven't seen it on GB's website or on any national sports sites.

636077[/snapback]

I think it is almost impossible to answer this question being that there has not even been an NFL Draft yet, June cuts, etc....the chapter of the 2006 Bills offseason has not been finished yet.

If the Bills can land Reggie Wells (and I still believe they have a shot contrary to the media's reports) and if the Bills have a solid draft, the Bills will be younger, have more upside and more direction.

Would Marv have been my personal preference to be named Bills GM? No, but I am more then willing to give Marv a chance.

Plus, it is not like the Bills have ZERO talent on the roster right now, there is talent here.

Willis. Evans. Moulds (maybe) Spikes (hopefully 100 percent) Fletcher. Clements. McGee. Schobel. Excellent punter and special teams. Defense can improve if the right holes are filled (maybe not to Top 5 level, but maybe Top 15)

There is a lot of negativity flying across the board now (and sometimes it is warranted, and sometimes I get down too) but let's see what happens in the next few months.

My personal goal for this team as a Bills fan: 8-8, with the arrow clearly up, with a good amount of young talent ready to take the next step.

Let's have a little faith around here!!!