Are we honestly any better than last year

damj

There are still some free agents out there, the draft, undrafted FA, post June 1st free agents, possible trades etc. We should judge the team they have on opening day, not the one they have right now. It's like asking if the cake will be good when it's still batter in the mixing bowl.

Even if their record is similar this year, I'll be happy if the team shows that they are trying to build a long term contender. All I want is hope for the future and proof that they are back on the right track.

Ok, who thinks that we're any better than we were last year? I wish that someone could give me hope.

636077[/snapback]

It doesn't matter this year because were rebuilding. It's not like we would be able to make a playoff run this year. Next year will be the year to see if we are better than we were in 04.

I just want to see improvement (doesn't mean a better record then last year) I want to see a team that plays hard til the end and does not get blown out like they have this year. I can put up with another losing year aslong as I canactually see an imporvement in the team and that they are heading in the right direction. A playoff team isn't going to be built overnight and they are starting over at square one with a new direction without TD

if JP or Nall can play better than JP/Kelly played last year (and that was pretty damn bad) and TKO is back and healthy then i'd say we are fo sho a better team.

we might not win too many games (6 to 8 is prolly realistic) but we should have fewer blow out like we did against denver, new england, raiders, san diego, and the jests.

with a little o line help and our new OC i think our O might move up about 10+ places, although it could do so and still be in the bottom half.

Ok, who thinks that we're any better than we were last year? I wish that someone could give me hope.

636077[/snapback]

Are you really asking this question a week into FA? Some perspective from the loonies here would be refreshing.

we got rid of TD and most of all, Mularkey. By definition we are better. We have lost a number of players who haven't (yet) been replaced. Williams, Adams, and a few others...but they will be replaced. We have a coach who has a losing record, but people I respect have confidence in him. All in all I think we are a little worse than last year but will be a little better than last year after free agency and the draft. I guess we will be a 9 win team.