(OSCARS)Some pretty funny moments last nite

Chris Rock came out last year & slammed many established Hollywood stars from Jude Law to Russell Crowe... not exactly what "Hollyweird" wanted to hear... but he was very funny and did not bomb.

619463[/snapback]

Chris Rock didn't bomb?? Not according to the reaction he got from the stuffy crowd that you seem so determined to defend this time around. :blink:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Rock didn't bomb??  Not according to the reaction he got from the stuffy crowd that you seem so determined to defend this time around.   :blink:

619467[/snapback]

I'm not so much defending the crowd as slamming Stewart. Assclowns like Michael Moore, Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jon Stewart have no business being there. Fug politics & political humor, not entertaining at all.

I'm not so much defending the crowd as slamming Stewart. Assclowns like Michael Moore, Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jon Stewart have no business being there. Fug politics & political humor, not entertaining at all.

619472[/snapback]

Sure it isn't, thats why the daily show is so unpopular, not to mention Comedy Central didn't give another show to Stephen Colbert.

Sure it isn't, thats why the daily show is so unpopular, not to mention Comedy Central didn't give another show to Stephen Colbert.

619474[/snapback]

Who? :blink:

Now the Pam Anderson Roast & MST3K on Comedy Central, that was funny.

and of course Chappelle & South Park.:D

619475[/snapback]

A daily show reporter for years, who (deservedly) got his own political show called The Colbert Report and also does well in the ratings.

I never really watched the Daily Show much, but last night, JS was hilarious. Watching those morons sit there in uncomfortable silence is what made it great. He jokes about their "religion" and not one person laughed. I doubt he'll be invited back, and not because he "bombed". I would personally love to see him again instead of some Hollywood poster child like Chris Rock.

619475[/snapback]

Pamela Anderson Roast = The Worst Roast Ever

Would that be like a pig roast?  :blink:

619540[/snapback]

You got that right. Add disgusting and unfunnny antics by world class whore and bore, Courtney Love and you got a couple of pigs roasting on that stage.

The only time I can stand anybody from Hollywood is when they are pretending to be someone else in a movie. That is exactly why I do not watch the Oscars. Make a joke about their "religion" of choice, and nothing, but if you zing Jesus or the Pope they would pee themselves laughing.

And just for the record I'm damn tired of having this gay cowboy crap pushed down our throats!

Jomn Stewart was funny as hell, and as has been stated ad nauseum, Hollywood is a bunch of stiffs who cannot laugh at themselves. I was on the couch laughing my ass off and thinking "the celebs are probably too stupid to understand half of his jokes."

The best line Stewart had was "Martin Sorcese zero oscars. Three 6 Mafia one." :blink: Say what you what about them, they at least brought some life. Those actors and movie people are a bunch of stiffs who really take themselves way too serious. Stewart did a good job from the parts I saw. Boring overall, though.

An admitted and unashamed progressive himself, Stewart later made fun of the film industry's perceived liberalness, telling viewers the Oscars are a chance to "see all your favorite stars without having to donate any money to the Democratic party." Our favorite stars barely chuckled...

I apologize beforehand for hijacking and I should probably take this to a PPP forum as this stuff never goes over well, but when the hell did "democrat" become "progressive?" I'm not talking about the beliefs, just the label.

I apologize beforehand for hijacking and I should probably take this to a PPP forum as this stuff never goes over well, but when the hell did "democrat" become "progressive?"  I'm not talking about the beliefs, just the label.

619690[/snapback]

Some Democrats are progressive, some Republicans are progressive, some Liberals are progressive, some Conservatives are progressive, some Libertarians are progressive.

I truly believe the majority in each of these groups are not progressive at all.

I don't know what "Progressive" (capital "P") is.

:blink:

Oscars: Second-Lowest Ratings Since '87

Sunday's Academy Awards with Jon Stewart drew an average audience of 38.8 million viewers, according to figures from Nielsen Media Research. That's down 8% compared with last year's show hosted by Chris Rock, and the second-lowest tally since 1987. (The lowest was 2003's ceremony, hosted by Steve Martin, that was marred by the start of the Iraq war; an average of 33 million viewers tuned in then).

In the key adults aged 18-49 demographic, the Oscars did a 13.9 rating, also down 8% compared with last year.

ABC estimates that 76.6 million viewers saw at least part of the three-and-half-hour telecast.

:D;)

TED JOHNSON, Variety:

... (O)nscreen Stewart felt out of his element. (The show) had its moments, but his delivery was slow, as if every joke was a bit overthought. His exclamations -- "There you go, now you're talking!" -- were awkward, as if he was trying too hard to force some excitement on the ceremony ... 

619472[/snapback]

Say what you want, but as actors, Robbins, Sarandon and Redgrave belong there.

As for political humor not being entertaining, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, and it's not much more. Lots of people disagree, and reasonably so.

And just for the record I'm damn tired of having this gay cowboy crap pushed down our throats!

619601[/snapback]

Yup, they're just lassooing people and pulling them into the movie theatres unvoluntarily. Find yourself a nice pair of chaps, my friend. They're in style this year.

BTW, serious question, how do you feel about violence in movies? Any problem with it?