Recap: nobody knows WHEN the FA deadline is...

Lori

Latest update: cap deadline 9 PM Wednesday, March 8; FA signing starts 12:01 AM Thursday, March 9. At least, that's the plan until the next extension...

:doh:

By the time everything shakes out, some teams could be flat-out unrecognizable when compared to their 2005 rosters. Could the new OneBillsDrive braintrust have released Adams et al. with the idea of going on a major shopping spree?

To quote a previous GM: "Stay tuned."

------------------------------------------

A few links to help y'all keep track of the carnage:

KFFL "Hot Off The Wire"

AP NFL Wire (from ESPN.com)

And just for yucks, I'll keep updating ndirish's list here:

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons:

Brady Smith DE

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills:

Sam Adams DT

Lawyer Milloy S

Mike Williams OL

Mark Campbell TE

Carolina Panthers:

Stephen Davis RB

Rod Smart RB

Brentson Buckner DT

Brandon Short LB

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns:

Kenard Lang DT

Michael Lehan DB

Dallas Cowboys:

Derek Pagel S

Willie Blade DL

Brett Visintainer PK

La'Roi Glover DL -- signed with St. Louis Rams

Denver Broncos:

Trevor Pryce DT

Mike Anderson RB

Jeb Putzier TE

Detroit Lions

Matt Grootegoed LB

Green Bay Packers:

Na'il Diggs LB

Ryan Dutton P

Houston Texans:

Tony Banks QB

Marcus Coleman CB

Tony Hollings RB

Indianapolis Colts:

Josh Williams DT

Travis Brown QB

Joaquin Gonzalez DT

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs:

Shawn Barber LB

Dexter McCleon CB

Gary Stills LB

Eric Warfield CB

Miami Dolphins:

Reggie Howard CB

Tebucky Jones S

Sam Madison CB

Damion McIntosh OL

Junior Seau LB

Minnesota Vikings

New England Patriots:

Duane Starks CB

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants:

Barrett Green LB

Brent Alexander S

Jason Whittle OL

New York Jets:

Jason Fabini OL

Jay Fiedler QB

Ty Law CB

Lance Legree DT

Jerald Sowell RB

Kevin Mawae C

Oakland Raiders:

Derrick Gibson S

Ron Stone G

Denard Walker CB

Ted Washington DT

Philadelphia Eagles

Pittsburgh Steelers

Mike Logan S

Tommy Maddox QB

Russell Stuvaints S

Willie Williams CB

Saint Louis Rams

Chris Claiborne LB

Isaac Bruce WR

San Diego Chargers:

Jerry Wilson S

San Francisco 49ers:

Chris Cooper DE

Ahmad Plummer CB

Johnnie Morton WR

Seattle Seahawks

Andre Dyson CB

Michael Harden CB

Jamie Sharper LB

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans:

Brad Hopkins OT

Washington Redskins:

LaVar Arrington LB

Walt Harris CB

Brandon Noble DT

Cory Raymer C

(other than Arrington, all those Washington players "have been told they'll be released", but nothing official yet...)

ESPN.com cap cuts list, updated through 3/6

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap deadline extended six hours, until 10 PM ET tonight. And with some teams still upwards of $20 million over the scheduled $94.5 million cap, it's going to get wild.

By the time everything shakes out, some teams could be flat-out unrecognizable when compared to their 2005 rosters. Could the new OneBillsDrive braintrust have made Wednesday's moves with the idea of going on a major shopping spree?

KFFL "Hot Off The Wire"

615947[/snapback]

It just keeps getting worse :doh:

The Bills are spiralling like a maple seed twirler.

Is anyone at the wheel ??

Now I know how Raider fans must feel :huh:

It just keeps getting worse  :doh:

Now I know how Raider fans must feel  :huh:

615949[/snapback]

Live-action Fantasy Football, circa 2006. I see a whole new market opening up, printing updated team rosters...

Live-action Fantasy Football, circa 2006. I see a whole new market opening up, printing updated team rosters...

615952[/snapback]

I feel like I am watching another great American sports institution just fall apart.

First - Baseball - Millionaires go on strike

Second - Basketball - Ultra Millionaires go on strike (after ignoring the basic rules

of the game)

Third - Hockey - barely millionaires :doh:

And now - The NFL - the epitome of revenue sharing and fairness plus parity -

is going to try very hard to kill the Golden Goose

Greed - One of the 7 Deadly

I hear someone fiddling ?

I feel like I am watching another great American sports institution just fall apart.

First - Baseball - Millionaires go on strike

Second - Basketball - Ultra Millionaires go on strike (after ignoring the basic rules  

of the game) 

Third - Hockey - barely millionaires  :doh:

And now - The NFL - the epitome of revenue sharing and fairness plus parity -

is going to try very hard to kill the Golden Goose

Greed - One of the 7 Deadly

I hear someone fiddling ?

615954[/snapback]

Well even if there is no football in 2008 like they're predicting at least we can watch Sabres hockey. Who knows, if all these big networks aren't showing football that year maybe they could show some hockey games instead, for once. The football fans in Buffalo will have to catch on to another Buffalo team that year. All won't be lost.

Well even if there is no football in 2008 like they're predicting at least we can  watch Sabres hockey.  Who knows, if all these big networks aren't showing football that year maybe they could show some hockey games instead, for once.  The football fans in Buffalo will have to catch on to another Buffalo team that year.  All won't be lost.

615958[/snapback]

The NHL is a sham - much like the NBA - you either enforce the rules or not

If you want an evening of "just" entertainment - than it works :doh:

Cap deadline extended six hours, until 10 PM ET tonight. And with some teams still upwards of $20 million over the scheduled $94.5 million cap, it's going to get wild.

By the time everything shakes out, some teams could be flat-out unrecognizable when compared to their 2005 rosters. Could the new OneBillsDrive braintrust have made Wednesday's moves with the idea of going on a major shopping spree?

KFFL "Hot Off The Wire"

Addendum: what does everyone think about having a "transactions" thread pinned at the top of the Wall for the next day or two, instead of posting individual teams' cuts in separate threads as they roll in? Would that make it easier to keep track of everyone?

Need some opinions. I know you have them... :doh:

615947[/snapback]

The transactions thread is a great idea.

Addendum: what does everyone think about having a "transactions" thread pinned at the top of the Wall for the next day or two, instead of posting individual teams' cuts in separate threads as they roll in? Would that make it easier to keep track of everyone?

615947[/snapback]

Excellent idea.

When billionaires and multi-millionaires fight over dividing $320 million of the TV Networks and the fans money, things get real ugly in a hurry. It will be quite interesting to see what happens today. Broncos, Panthers and Dolphins in addition to the Bills already cut some big names. The NFL as we all know it basically has the loaded gun in their mouths and is ready to pull the trigger.

somebody pin this before the cuts start. I don't know if i can handle wading through the "so and so cut" threads... I think that any thread describing a cut player today should be merged here, unless its eric moulds. he gets his own pinned thread.

How's that for some quick, on the fly, rules?

Please look here, and ask youself honestly, what is the list of 22 players we have that are head-and-shoulders above the NFL average talent level. At best there are 9-12 players listed that are worthy of being starters in the NFL. Most of the others are journeymen or would be reserve-level talent on a championship squad.

One has to ask, what is the strength of this team? And, if the answer is the kicking game well, I've never heard it said that "Kicking builds championships!" Go through the roster name by name and honestly ask how many of our players could be as starter on another team that is a contender. :doh:

Marv should clean house. With the pending league-wide blood bath, there will be lots of talent available in the coming weeks. It's hard to imagine he'll do a worse job of it than DonnaHo did.

Please look here, and ask youself honestly, what is the list of 22 players we have that are head-and-shoulders above the NFL average talent level. At best there are 9-12 players listed that are worthy of being starters in the NFL. Most of the others are journeymen or would be reserve-level talent on a championship squad.

One has to ask, what is the strength of this team? And, if the answer is the kicking game well, I've never heard it said that "Kicking builds championships!" Go through the roster name by name and honestly ask how many of our players could be as starter on another team that is a contender.  :doh:

Marv should clean house. With the pending league-wide blood bath, there will be lots of talent available in the coming weeks. It's hard to imagine he'll do a worse job of it than DonnaHo did.

615995[/snapback]

What he said. This team blows anyway, might as well kill off the dead wood and start over.

What he said. This team blows anyway, might as well kill off the dead wood and start over.

616013[/snapback]

Killing dead wood? :doh: You are correct though, time to make some drastic roster adjustments.

Can someone confirm for me...I heard Steinberg on NFL Network yesterday. He mentioned some of the ramifications of an uncapped 2007. One thing he mentioned was that playoff teams would only be allowed to sign 1FA, and only if they lost 1. This wouldn't affect this off season, but next I think. Anyone else hear this? Other details?

He indicated that they tried to make the results of missing today's deadline so outrageous that a deal would be struck. It kinda looks like that aint gonna happen, although he indicated that he still believed that an agreement would be reached.

Per KFFL...

Jets | Mawae could be gone Thursday

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:36:17 -0800

The New York Daily News reports agent Mark Bartelstein said he was informed Wednesday, Match 1, by New York Jets general manger Mike Tannenbaum that the team likely will part ways with OC Kevin Mawae. Mawae's situation apparently goes beyond money. At 35, recovering from a torn triceps, he doesn't fit into new head coach Eric Mangini's rebuilding plan. Mawae was given permission recently to seek a trade, and he took that as a sign that he's no longer wanted. The Jets will save $1.1 million by releasing Mawae. "Nothing is official, but I got a sense from talking to (the Jets) that Kevin will be a free agent," Bartelstein said. "I think they've made the decision to retool and start over."

Good plan Lori.

Hopefully it doesn't devolve into another thread about the Bills so that we ahve to wade through a bunch of non-related posts just to find the information that we're supposed to be able to access without having to wade through a bunch of non-related posts. :doh:

Cya

It just keeps getting worse  :doh:

Now I know how Raider fans must feel  :huh:

615949[/snapback]

not sure we are spiralling dont need to trim 20 players like deadskins might but marv looked awfully old yesterday this has got to be driving him nuts first GM gig and the league is imploding

Good plan Lori.

Hopefully it doesn't devolve into another thread about the Bills so that we ahve to wade through a bunch of non-related posts just to find the information that we're supposed to be able to access without having to wade through a bunch of non-related posts.  :doh:

Cya

616068[/snapback]

You mean, posts like this?