Recap: nobody knows WHEN the FA deadline is...

Lori

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although to the Raiders credit, thats probably the only cut they'll have to make since Collins had a very inflated cap number.

Just means they have NO QBs now...and no money to get one in FA...and out of reach of anyone but Cutler in the Draft.

618663[/snapback]

No way you think Marv would bring in a guy like Collins? he does has a Kelly like build to him....

Add Isaac Bruce to the cut list...

STL Today

Unable to reach agreement on a restructured contract with Isaac Bruce, the Rams cut the wide receiver Sunday night.

A detailed story will be posted later tonight, or read the complete story in Monday's Post-Dispatch.

....err, maybe not. Per Pencilneck, courtesy of KFFL:

Rams | Bruce may stick after all

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:35:19 -0800

ESPN's John Clayton reports the St. Louis Rams may not release WR Isaac Bruce after all due to the recent extension of the waiver deadline. Bruce was a cap casualty under the previous deadline, but the Rams may choose to remove his name from that list and continue to use the extra time to work out a new contract with him.

Arrington just got released

Three-time Pro Bowler LaVar Arrington of the Washington Redskins has reached an agreement with the team, with the assistance of his agents Carl and Kevin Poston, to become a free agent and provide the Redskins with much-needed salary cap relief.

Head coach Joe Gibbs is scheduled to address Arrington's release at 12 noon ET on Monday.

For Arrington, the release ends a six-year run in Washington. He was drafted by the Redskins with the second overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft.

LaVar Arrington 

Arrington became one of the NFL's top linebackers one year later, recording 100-plus tackles from 2001-03 and earning Pro Bowl trips each of those years. In 2004, he suffered a knee injury that sidelined him most of the season.

Last season, Arrington gradually returned from the injury and earned back his starting assignment in Week 9. He started six of the last eight games, plus both playoff games, and finished with 53 tackles (45 solo).

For his career, Arrington has logged 467 tackles (335 solo), 22.5 sacks, 11 forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and three interceptions.

His signature play as a Redskin may be the game-changing interception he recorded against Carolina on Oct. 21, 2001, when he raced 67 yards for a touchdown. The play helped turn around the Redskins season that year and elevated Arrington's status as an elite player.

Arrington's departure also creates an opening for a starting job at the weak-side linebacker spot. Warrick Holdman, who started seven games at weak-side linebacker last season, is also an unrestricted free agent. Another option, Chris Clemons, is a restricted free agent.

The Redskins have several linebackers who could move into the role, including second-year player Robert McCune. Washington drafted McCune in the fifth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.

Arrington just got released

618875[/snapback]

Yup -- according to the seventeen separate threads on that Redskins board (guess we're not the only one with that problem :huh: ), he actually gave back $4 million for the right to walk away.

I actually own a #11 Penn State jersey because of him. Git 'er done, Marv!

Although to the Raiders credit, thats probably the only cut they'll have to make since Collins had a very inflated cap number.

Just means they have NO QBs now...and no money to get one in FA...and out of reach of anyone but Cutler in the Draft.

618663[/snapback]

They already didn't have a QB. :doh:

The Jets might keep him now that there is an extension.

618913[/snapback]

Yup, teams will get a 'do over' on any cuts made Sunday. At his age though I think he may hit the open market. When he got hurt he was still on of the best, but I believe he's 35?

BTW--anyone else think that Lori's credibility has taken a serious hit in the last week or so? Bloody Thursday, bloody Sunday and now bloody Wednesday! That's one bloody week. :doh:

And it just keeps getting funnier...

NFL | Free agency could be pushed back once again

Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:28:28 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports there is some thought that if owners are still talking Wednesday night, March 8, free agency could be pushed back another 24 hours.

And it just keeps getting funnier...

NFL | Free agency could be pushed back once again

Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:28:28 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports there is some thought that if owners are still talking Wednesday night, March 8, free agency could be pushed back another 24 hours.

620695[/snapback]

F^$&! this -- I'm not going to keep editing the post title. (Besides, I'm running out of room...)

:w00t:

Yup, teams will get a 'do over' on any cuts made Sunday.  At his age though I think he may hit the open market.  When he got hurt he was still on of the best, but I believe he's 35? 

BTW--anyone else think that Lori's credibility has taken a serious hit in the last week or so?  Bloody Thursday, bloody Sunday and now bloody Wednesday!  That's one bloody week. :w00t:

618968[/snapback]

Hey - I'm not the one who can't set a friggin' deadline and stick to it. This whole mess is turning into a Python skit....