Truth & Rumors on CNNSI

Cutting Losman or Holcomb and signing ramsey would be an incredibly stupid move. I can't understand why anyone would even suggest that.

614659[/snapback]

Agreed. I've watched Ramsey play alot. He is not good. Holcomb is smarter and much more accurate. Losman should also pan out to be better than Ramsey.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are willing to give up on Coy Wire after 8 games.  How is that any dofferent?

614698[/snapback]

Coy was a complete project/ experiment player who was forced to change positions in the NFL and has shown nothing. JP is a first round talent at QB who can make all the throws, is very mobile, shows great willingness to learn and improve, had a lot invested in him, and showed improvement specifically in the KC, CAR, and MIA games.

Coy was a complete project/ experiment player who was forced to change positions in the NFL and has shown nothing. JP is a first round talent at QB who can make all the throws, is very mobile, shows great willingness to learn and improve, had a lot invested in him, and showed improvement specifically in the KC, CAR, and MIA games.

614717[/snapback]

And again we can agree to disagree. He had a quater against Miami that was good, and then he went back to the normal JP 91 fumble, 1 INT and no more TDs), against Carolina, he was bad (1 fumble, 1 int, no TD's) and the defense stepped up big there, against KC he looked good, but KC was planning on Holcomb, so they didn't game plan for JP. The problem with JP is he cannot make all the throws, he is inaccurrate and hurried, he cannt read defenses well, and is not well liked.

And again we can agree to disagree.  He had a quater against Miami that was good, and then he went back to the normal JP 91 fumble, 1 INT and no more TDs), against Carolina, he was bad (1 fumble, 1 int, no TD's) and the defense stepped up big there,  against KC he looked good, but KC was planning on Holcomb, so they didn't game plan for JP.  The problem with JP is he cannot make all the throws, he is inaccurrate and hurried, he cannt read defenses well, and is not well liked.

614722[/snapback]

What i dont get is how JP had 4 bad games, and 4 better games where he showed improvement, yet you deem the bad games as "normal JP"

Also, just because EM is an ass and threw JP under the bus, it doesnt mean he is not well liked. It has never been proven at all.

What i dont get is how JP had 4 bad games, and 4 better games where he showed improvement, yet you deem the bad games as "normal JP"

Also, just because EM is an ass and threw JP under the bus, it doesnt mean he is not well liked. It has never been proven at all.

614725[/snapback]

So 4 bad games, and 4 slightly better then bad, and 1 good game as a reserve(KC), means he is doing okay.

Wow, I guess different people have different expectations. Me I want to see him play 4 quarters of good football and be the expected starter where teams can game plan, but JP still plays well.

He has not done that once.

And JP's dislike was also told by Fletcher, Vincent alluded to it, his spats with Reed, plus Meldewe Moore, and Ramsay have all tossed him. In addition before he was drafted the writeups all said he could be a locker room cancer.

And again we can agree to disagree.  He had a quater against Miami that was good, and then he went back to the normal JP 91 fumble, 1 INT and no more TDs), against Carolina, he was bad (1 fumble, 1 int, no TD's) and the defense stepped up big there,  against KC he looked good, but KC was planning on Holcomb, so they didn't game plan for JP.  The problem with JP is he cannot make all the throws, he is inaccurrate and hurried, he cannt read defenses well, and is not well liked.

614722[/snapback]

It's fine to disagree but don't sight stats only when it appears that you may not have watched the Carolina game. He certainly CAN make all the throws. That was proven long before he became a Bill, and is really not even a point of debate. He does play quite hurried, but that is often the case with upstart QB's who have played 8 games. Refer to the CAR game (which it seems you missed) as far as showing improvement in reading defenses. I think his teammates like him just fine. He took full blame for any mistakes during the season and didn't throw any teammates under the bus when he could have.

what people seem to be forgetting is that the bills need a 3rd qb. they'll either draft one on the second day or trade a second day pick for one. clearly, ramsay is going to be a better player over the next 2 seasons than any second day qb we might draft. that's the way to think about it.

what people seem to be forgetting is that the bills need a 3rd qb. they'll either draft one on the second day or trade a second day pick for one. clearly, ramsay is going to be a better player over the next 2 seasons than any second day qb we might draft.  that's the way to think about it.

614746[/snapback]

sure, but you don't usually have three 1 million dollar qbs on the roster, at least, I don't think.

Plus, Ramsey's contract expires end of this next season.

What was Matthews costing us?

Didn't Losman back up Ramsey when they were both @ Tulane? Did Tulane become a QB factory recently? :D I know the Bills haven't developed a QB in decades but C'MON!!

A lot of people are willing to give up on Coy Wire after 8 games.  How is that any dofferent?

614698[/snapback]

Coy Wire has been around for 4 seasons, and started around 20 games. That's how it's different.

sure, but you don't usually have three 1 million dollar qbs on the roster, at least, I don't think.

614749[/snapback]

Marv wanted to bring in another QB who could compete for the job. Guys who can legitimately compete aren't going to come in here for $500,000.

what people seem to be forgetting is that the bills need a 3rd qb. they'll either draft one on the second day or trade a second day pick for one. clearly, ramsay is going to be a better player over the next 2 seasons than any second day qb we might draft.  that's the way to think about it.

614746[/snapback]

Not really. The Bills already have the two things you need. The long term starter and the proven veteran back-up. The third thing you need is the inexpensive 3 year project to develop. And if you say we don't know if we have the long term starter, while it may be true, we are going to find out by starting him long time. And if you divide up the QB duties by three, you're asking for disaster and ending up with none. The only way you get a guy, even a journeyman like Ramsey to sign is to give him a chance to start, which means taking reps in a new offense from your starter and your back-up. Holcomb is a pretty darn good back-up in this league. At a cheap price, for a few more years, with a back-up's attitude. The extra million dollars you would spend on ramsey just muddling things up could well be the difference between a better FA at a more important to fill position.

614749[/snapback]

I seem to recall Matthews got a million. League minimum for the position and a vet with his # of years in the league? Dunno.

I don't see much sense in pursuing Ramsey.

Not really. The Bills already have the two things you need. The long term starter and the proven veteran back-up. The third thing you need is the inexpensive 3 year project to develop. And if you say we don't know if we have the long term starter, while it may be true, we are going to find out by starting him long time. And if you divide up the QB duties by three, you're asking for disaster and ending up with none. The only way you get a guy, even a journeyman like Ramsey to sign is to give him a chance to start, which means taking reps in a new offense from your starter and your back-up. Holcomb is a pretty darn good back-up in this league. At a cheap price, for a few more years, with a back-up's attitude. The extra million dollars you would spend on ramsey just muddling things up could well be the difference between a better FA at a more important to fill position.

614753[/snapback]

Good summary, but I slightly disagree.

>>>>The only way you get a guy, even a journeyman like Ramsey to sign is to give him a chance to start,<<<<

We are talking about a trade for a 4th round pick as opposed to a sitution where Ramsey might view going to Buffalo as not what he wants to do.

>>>> And if you say we don't know if we have the long term starter, while it may be true, we are going to find out by starting him long time.<<<<

I don't know why you say this. JP doesn't even have the starting job yet according to Jauron, right? If the staff thinks he is no good he will sit, or so one would think.

Good summary, but I slightly disagree.

>>>>The only way you get a guy, even a journeyman like Ramsey to sign is to give him a chance to start,<<<<

We are talking about a trade for a 4th round pick as opposed to a sitution where Ramsey might view going to Buffalo as not what he wants to do.

>>>> And if you say we don't know if we have the long term starter, while it may be true, we are going to find out by starting him long time.<<<<

I don't know why you say this. JP doesn't even have the starting job yet according to Jauron, right? If the staff thinks he is no good he will sit, or so one would think.

614759[/snapback]

i am seriously starting to think that the new regime, based on their own opinions and what they have heard from players, does not have a very high opinion of losman. if he's not starting this year, he may well not be on the team in 2007, in my opinion.

i am seriously starting to think that the new regime, based on their own opinions and what they have heard from players, does not have a very high opinion of losman. if he's not starting this year, he may well not be on the team in 2007, in my opinion.

614761[/snapback]

I concure 100%.

614753[/snapback]

expense doesn't really factor in. the bills are paying almost noting, comparatively speaking, for the qb position. ramsay comes really, really cheap, by the way. i also don't think levy and jauron think much of losman. no hard evidence -- just the vibe i've gotten from their rather elliptical comments.