R.I.P., Barney Fife

Lori

There is an episode of the Andy Griffith Show where Knotts decides to get Otis drunk to get him to confess to some crime or another. His plan is to tape record the confession. When he plays the tape back for Andy, you hear Barney getting more and more sloshed with each fast forward. Finally, you hear Barney and Otis singing a the top of their lungs a drunkenly wonderful version of "Sweet Adeline."

Situational comedy at its apex.

RIP Don.

In the part-animated 1964 film "The Incredible Mr. Limpet," Knotts played a meek clerk who turns into a fish after he is rejected by the Navy.

I remember seeing this movie numerous times on the "Sunday Matinee Movie"(...and tons of Tarzan flicks). I think it used to be on Ch. 7?

In the part-animated 1964 film "The Incredible Mr. Limpet," Knotts played a meek clerk who turns into a fish after he is rejected by the Navy.

I remember seeing this movie numerous times on the "Sunday Matinee Movie"(...and tons of Tarzan flicks).  I think it used to be on Ch. 7?

612004[/snapback]

"Big Show Of The Week". :D

My 4 year old and 2 year old are into Scooby Doo right now. I got them a set of DVD's that have all of the old "guest appearance" episodes and there are 2 of them with Don Knotts. The past few weeks I keep hearing my 2 year old saying "Don Knotts is funny". His humor can be appreciated even when he was animated. Sad to hear he's gone but I honestly figured he passed away a few years ago.