Bills Bringing in 3rd QB Option

IDBillzFan

Bills | Team will bring in another quarterback

Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:52:03 -0800

During the NFL Combine, Buffalo Bills general manager Marv Levy said he will bring a third quarterback to compete for the starting quarterback role. The player will not likely be a marquee name or a first-round pick.

Discuss.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time to play "Who's the most hilarious option we could possibly bring in that would piss off the entire Wall?"

Anthony Wright UFA Ravens

Charlie Batch UFA Steelers

Chris Simms RFA Buccaneers

Chris Weinke UFA Panthers

Craig Nall UFA Packers

Damon Huard UFA Chiefs

Dave Ragone RFA Texans

Doug Flutie UFA Patriots

Drew Brees UFA Chargers

Jamie Martin UFA Rams

Jay Fiedler UFA Dolphins

Jeff Blake UFA Bears

Jeff Garcia UFA Lions

Jesse Palmer UFA 49ers

Jon Kitna UFA Bengals

Josh McCown UFA Cardinals

Ken Dorsey RFA 49ers

Kliff Kingsbury RFA Jets

Sage Rosenfels UFA Dolphins

Seneca Wallace RFA Seahawks

Shane Matthews UFA Bills

Shaun Hill UFA Vikings

Tim Hasselbeck UFA Giants

Todd Collins UFA Chiefs

Ty Detmer UFA Falcons

Vinny Testaverde UFA Jets

Come on Doug Flutie or Todd Collins...we know that Marv has a connection with Collins!

Based on the comments of another poster, it seems more like they asked Marv if he would be taking a QB and he said Not in the 1st or 2nd round, but one would be brought in from either Later in the draft or FA. Did he really indicate the "to compete for the starting job" part? Or is this your typical media irresponsibility?

I've always supported JP but there is no reason he can't wait a little longer for the starting job. I see nothing wrong with bringing in one or two FA QBs and let the best man win. There has to be someone better than Kelly Holcomb out there.

Having said that, I do believe JP could be successful now with an improved line and better use of McGahee, but I defer to the current coaching staff and GM.

PTR

Based on the comments of another poster, it seems more like they asked Marv if he would be taking a QB and he said Not in the 1st or 2nd round, but one would be brought in from either Later in the draft or FA. Did he really indicate the "to compete for the starting job" part? Or is this your typical media irresponsibility?

I didn't hear "compete for the starting job."