My wife got me a massage for Valentine's Day

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's at an upscale spa here in RaChaCha (hey that rhymed!) - not a rub-and-tug place.

Any massage veterans got any pointers or tips on what to expect?  Am I supposed to tip the masseuse?

Help a guy out here  <_<

605417[/snapback]

lol....just pray it's a chick :doh:

You don't want some hairy-knuckled, broad shouldered German named "Rolf" giving it a go :)

I know how this is gonna sound, but what the hell!

My wife and I go to Callistoga, CA about twice a year. A small village on the Northern End of the Napa Valley. We're walking down the main road, and we see a place that is offering massages. So we think, what the hell. We go in, and I pay for a 45 minute Sports/Deep Tissue massage. Who comes in? This 250lb guy (with the hairy knuckles) with his hair looking eerly similar to Bozo The Clown. The best part, was his stated name was "SunBear" <_< It was one of the better massages I've ever had!

Anyhoo, what to expect, what to do, etc. When they are working on your shoulder, and they tell you to relax, and let yourself go, do it! Do your absolute best to totally relax. It does make a big difference. You know it's a good massage, if the time is up, and you swear that it's only been 10 minutes.

As for tipping, it's pretty much like everything else. Good service gets good tips. Some places will have a tip jar, while some others will have tip envelopes, where after you get dressed, you drop your tip though a mail type door slot in the room where your massage took place.

lol....just pray it's a chick :)

You don't want some hairy-knuckled, broad shouldered German named "Rolf" giving it a go  <_<

605422[/snapback]

That will be specified up front, don't you worry 'bout that!

Do I go with the 45 minute massage or upgrade to the "full-body" massage?

That will be specified up front, don't you worry 'bout that!

Do I go with the 45 minute massage or upgrade to the "full-body" massage?

605427[/snapback]

I would get the full body massage. They are great!

Another thing to note, you will want to avoide drinking alcohol after your massage. Instead drink plenty of water. When you get a massage, you are increasing the blood flow to the area being focused on. This means that you will freeing up the lactic acid that has been stored up in your muscles. The extra water will help flush your system out.

It's at an upscale spa here in RaChaCha (hey that rhymed!) - not a rub-and-tug place.

Any massage veterans got any pointers or tips on what to expect?  Am I supposed to tip the masseuse?

Help a guy out here  <_<

605417[/snapback]

mind if i ask where? i could really use one as my body has been taking a beating lately

I know how this is gonna sound, but what the hell!

My wife and I go to Callistoga, CA about twice a year.  A small village on the Northern End of the Napa Valley.  We're walking down the main road, and we see a place that is offering massages.  So we think, what the hell.  We go in, and I pay for a 45 minute Sports/Deep Tissue massage.  Who comes in?  This 250lb guy (with the hairy knuckles) with his hair looking eerly similar to Bozo The Clown.  The best part, was his stated name was "SunBear"  <_<  It was one of the better massages I've ever had! 

605426[/snapback]

Same thing happened to me there when I still lived in California. Some hairy knuckled dude, don't remember his name gave me my massage. I just couldn't enjoy the experience, and have never had another one.

Jay--I would ask for a female in all seriousness. That might raise your wife's eyebrows, but the alternative is getting rubbed down by a guy. I'm not homophobic, but it was just plain wierd for me.

mind if i ask where? i could really use one as my body has been taking a beating lately

605501[/snapback]

We can go to the Leach Center here at FSU (the gym), and they have a fully certified massage parlor. Best of all, with student ID, its $20 for half hour or $35 for an hour massage, and you pick who you want the massage done by. They give damn good massages, and the girls are smokin... I literally just wanted to lay there all day when she was done.

Help a guy out here  <_<

605417[/snapback]

First, these guys had a great time at the massage places here in the DC area. Nice work if you can get it.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...d=1137834156625

Second, I have had two massages, both by women, both full body. Both times I chose to keep my drawers on as I was worried bout sportin some wood :) , but thanfully that didn't happen.

As others have mentioned bout the water, I must say I was almost a little buzzed coming out of them. Kinda disoriented me for bout 30 minutes after, not in a bad way, just a diffferant feeling. May want to think bout that if driving.

Now, bout the alcohol. Great buzz that night!!!!!!

Jay--I would ask for a female in all seriousness.  That might raise your wife's eyebrows, but the alternative is getting rubbed down by a guy.  I'm not homophobic, but it was just plain wierd for me.

605503[/snapback]

Actually, I'd call that homophobic.

But I feel the same way. So I call myself homophobic in that regard. And I have no problem with that.

Actually, I'd call that homophobic.

But I feel the same way.  So I call myself homophobic in that regard.  And I have no problem with that.

605880[/snapback]

I had a man massage once at a spa. Wasn't crazy about it...but not phobic. The massage was just OK...nothing special. And, for the record, it didn't move.