Lee Evans

Stussy109

Roscoe Parrish is also a small player on this team, but he's a gifted player with extreme speed.  He's a tough player.  Why do people think that because someone is short that he is a terrible player.  Who cares if he become the 3rd or 4th string WR, he can still play that position quite well.  What about small hands?  Give me a break.  Lot of Wr around this league have small hand but they still make big plays.  I'm tired of people critizing players who are short and have small hands.  Just let them play! :doh:

604203[/snapback]

Especially after this year. It was the year of the small wr, see Steve Smith and Santana Moss.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe Parrish is also a small player on this team, but he's a gifted player with extreme speed.  He's a tough player.  Why do people think that because someone is short that he is a terrible player.  Who cares if he become the 3rd or 4th string WR, he can still play that position quite well.  What about small hands?  Give me a break.  Lot of Wr around this league have small hand but they still make big plays.  I'm tired of people critizing players who are short and have small hands.  Just let them play! :doh:

604203[/snapback]

In the right offense, Roscoe will KILL!

As soon as he starts dominating when playing againsts teams best corner, then I will consider him a legit #1.

I like lee alot. I think he is a great reciever. However, i think he benefits alot by having EM here. If we lose EM i think Evans will be hurting.

Not to say he cant be another Holt, Harrison or Steve Smith...i think he can, but I also think his odds of doing that are better with a big physical EM type reciever opposite him.

Eric has made at least one player look like a Pro Bowler and we all know what Peerless is up to these days.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lee has the playmaking ability to be a 10 TD guy each year, but he needs someone like Eric on the other side of him for now.

Eric has made at least one player look like a Pro Bowler and we all know what Peerless is up to these days.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lee has the playmaking ability to be a 10 TD guy each year, but he needs someone like Eric on the other side of him for now.

604367[/snapback]

peerless had the most overrated passing QB in the league looking for him named Michael Vick. Then he had a retinal problem.

I am kind of amazed when i hear that peopel don't feel Lee EVans can step up and be the #1 receiver.  I have seen nothing but solid play from him week in and week out.  there's rarely a game where he has multiple drops.  i remember the Denver game as being 1 of them this year.  Otherwise, the guy has hands of glue, and the top end speed of a dragster. 

I personally belive Lee is the future #1 of this team, and could be right now.  In this previous year, I really feel we had a 1a and 1b receiver on the field.  In the O sets where we would have one receiver, lee would often be out there.  Moulds is a solid character, rough em up type of receiver, but is not a deep threat anymore with his speed.  Moulds is worth having on the roster, he can oinly make the team better.  I believe in talent and production, not in someones age.  Here's for a solid wide receiving core in Evans, Moulds, Reed, and Parrish next yr.  Evans is a stud in the making.

603856[/snapback]

He is a very good WR who has shown a LOT with very average QBing this last year.-He could be a top 6-7 WR in this league. Great talent. Had only one really bad game in 2 years.

peerless had the most overrated passing QB in the league looking for him named Michael Vick.  Then he had a retinal problem.

604445[/snapback]

exactaly, without that retinal problem peerless would've made something out of his post buffalo career.

About Lee Evans. I think Evans is better then price ever was or will be, He has the potential to be a very good #1. Remember we're talking about a team in Buffalo that was never really known for any great wr stats. Theres no wr I can recall in the history of this team that's ever led the league even for a year in receiving yards. Andre Reed as good of a career he had never finished better then 5th in any season of his career in any receiving catagory. When you think of great receivers, no one from buffalo past or present jumps out.

Evans has the potential to be a very productive wr, I dont necessarily think he needs moulds opposite him, but a strong running game and another receiving threat paticularly a te to work underneath and stretch the seems so teams dont roll safeties towards him, will be very beneficial to Evans career as a Bill.

I dont want to think about Rosco being the number 2 until he can show he can stay healthy.....

I would rather have 2 quality guys on the outside and have Roscoe owning people in the slot......

604380[/snapback]

He will be #3 coming into this season. But the only way he will be the #2 Wr is if Moulds does not come back and we don't find someone to replace him.

I am kind of amazed when i hear that peopel don't feel Lee EVans can step up and be the #1 receiver.  I have seen nothing but solid play from him week in and week out.  there's rarely a game where he has multiple drops.  i remember the Denver game as being 1 of them this year.  Otherwise, the guy has hands of glue, and the top end speed of a dragster. 

I personally belive Lee is the future #1 of this team, and could be right now.  In this previous year, I really feel we had a 1a and 1b receiver on the field.  In the O sets where we would have one receiver, lee would often be out there.  Moulds is a solid character, rough em up type of receiver, but is not a deep threat anymore with his speed.  Moulds is worth having on the roster, he can oinly make the team better.  I believe in talent and production, not in someones age.  Here's for a solid wide receiving core in Evans, Moulds, Reed, and Parrish next yr.  Evans is a stud in the making.

603856[/snapback]

I think he is a great player in the making as long as he stays healthy. But if Moulds can restructure his contract, I think we'll have two very good wide receivers. I think that if you put Evans as a #1 and Moulds as a #2, I think we have something here. But when it's all said and done we need to first have an offensive line that can pass block

I think he is a great player in the making as long as he stays healthy.  But if Moulds can restructure his contract, I think we'll have two very good wide receivers.  I think that if you put Evans as a #1 and Moulds as a #2, I think we have something here.  But when it's all said and done we need to first have an  offensive line that can pass block

604806[/snapback]

I'm hoping that it turns out something like that. Kind of like the Rams with Holt and Bruce. Bruce was #1 for the first couple of years but it has changed over the last couple of seasons (Although, Bruce did have injury problems).

I felt it was a mistake to take Evans, as think you can find quality WRs later in the draft. Case in point look at the Jaguars. They took Reggie Williams before us and took Ernest Wilford in the 4th Round of the same draft yet thus far who's been the better WR? That said Lee's played very well but as have posted many a time feel he's another Terry Glenn. In that he can serve as a #1 in an offense but is probably best suited as a #1A.

I thought it would be a good idea in comparing wr's to compare them to the rest of there class. For this I'll just use the 2004 1st rd class of wr's

b]

3 Arizona Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh  

TOTAL   |  32 |    16     55    3.4    0 |   161  2189  13.6 18

7 Detroit Roy Williams WR Texas

TOTAL   |  27 |     1      1    1.0    0 |    99   1504  15.2   16

9 Jacksonville Reggie Williams WR Washington

TOTAL   |  32 |     2      3    1.5    0 |    62    713  11.5    1

13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin

TOTAL   |  32 |     9    123   13.7    0 | 96    1586  16.5   16

15 Tampa Bay Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State

TOTAL   |  30 |     6     32    5.3    0 |  112   1565  14.0    7

29 Atlanta Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State

TOTAL   |  30 |     1      2    2.0    0 |    43    627  14.6    3

31 San Francisco Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State

TOTAL   |  13 |     0      0    0.0    0 |     7    160  22.9    1[/b]

So compared to the 7 wrs taken in the 2004 nfl draft in the first rd evans ranks

4th in catches. 2nd in yards. 1st in ypc (I'm not counting woods due to only having 7 catches). and 2nd(T) in td's.

Overall compared to the 2004 wr class I think we got a damn good player. It could be argued that it looks even better for evans due to how porous our offense has been. I dont think evans has reached his ceiling yet, with commitment to building the oline, and backed by a viable te threat I believe Evans can excell in the event we lose moulds.

exactaly, without that retinal problem peerless would've made something out of his post buffalo career.

604451[/snapback]

Retinal or rectal? Seems to me PP couldn't handle the pressure of being a #1 in Hotlanta.