I knew Moorman was

Mile High

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't he actually own some NCAA track records?

600247[/snapback]

Looking, so far I found this....

"Pittsburg State's Brian Moorman won his third straight title in the 400-meter intermediate hurdles, heading a list of five repeat champions. "

There's a picture with the article, it looks like his head on the left side ot it....

... while Wildcats' depth is key factor in men's championship

He's also an MIAA The Ken B. Jones Award MIAA Student-Athlete of the Year winner in 98 and 99

MIAA Ken B. Jones Student-Athlete of the Year Award Winners

i hate to say i told you so, but Tcali and KZoomike, I told you so  :)  :pirate:  ;)

Me crusading for how fast moorman really is

600535[/snapback]

He still doesn't run a 4.2 or 4.3.

We will see how he does this weekend, I bet he doesn't fair to well but it's still very impressive that he was asked to go as a punter. I wonder how they select the competitors; perhaps some spots are filled from the pro bowl roster and some from invitations. It just doesn't seem to have any consistency. For example last year’s winner and several other competitors are not in this year. So I wouldn't necessarily say the winner is the fastest player in the NFL, but Mathis has to be pretty close. By the way Mathis ran a 4.26 at the combine, which was the type of speed you suggested Moorman has.

I guess we will see Saturday.......

He still doesn't run a 4.2 or 4.3.

We will see how he does this weekend, I bet he doesn't fair to well but it's still very impressive that he was asked to go as a punter. I wonder how they select the competitors; perhaps some spots are filled from the pro bowl roster and some from invitations. It just doesn't seem to have any consistency. For example last year’s winner and several other competitors are not in this year. So I wouldn't necessarily say the winner is the fastest player in the NFL, but Mathis has to be pretty close. By the way Mathis ran a 4.26 at the combine, which was the type of speed you suggested Moorman has.

I guess we will see Saturday.......

600589[/snapback]

Ok my original claim is that he runs in the 4.2-4.3 and you were saying more along the lines of 4.7. You also criticized me for saying that runs as fast as McGee and Clements who ran in the Fastest man competition. :doh: Also, you are making claims based on Indy's slow turf when they are goin to be running IIRC on a track saturday. So, we'll get to see moorman toast some guys.

Ok my original claim is that he runs in the 4.2-4.3 and you were saying more along the lines of 4.7. You also criticized me for saying that runs as fast as McGee and Clements who ran in the Fastest man competition.  :doh:  Also, you are making claims based on Indy's slow turf when they are goin to be running IIRC on a track saturday. So, we'll get to see moorman toast some guys.

600636[/snapback]

Nice job twisting my words. I said he probably runs the NFL version of a 4.5, which in REALITY is a 4.7. The times are skewed to begin with and I presented more then enough evidence to prove that. You can either take the name of this competition literally and conclude that Moorman really is one of the fastest players in the NFL, or you can see this competition for what it really is, entertainment.

If this competition was really about being the fastest in the league the you would expect at least a couple repeat contestants, or players who posted faster combines then 4.56 or a 4.48. Luckily for us we will be able to put this debate to rest on Saturday. Bob Sanders is right in line with NC and TM, and Mathis is faster. If you really are correct Moorman will be able to keep up with Sanders and be in the ballpark of Mathis. If he's around a high 4.4 to a low 4.5 he will be in line with Tyree and Milligan.

U Must have forgotten the bad snap during punt formation, that he picked up and ran for like 40 yards down the sideline.  Guys a speedster, surprised that mularkeys bag of tricks never utilized him more.

600398[/snapback]

I remember that! I've always wondered why the coaches have never tried to utilize his speed on a fake punt at least a LITTLE more often. Obviously, it's not something you can do routinely because it won't fool anyone. However, seems like maybe they cuold pull that off once per season with his speed.

I remember that!  I've always wondered why the coaches have never tried to utilize his speed on a fake punt at least a LITTLE more often.  Obviously, it's not something you can do routinely because it won't fool anyone.  However, seems like maybe they cuold pull that off once per season with his speed.

600649[/snapback]

Maybe the fear of him going down from a special teams tackle/ hit from a designed play, that prevents him from participating any further is factored in by the d'oh coaches. I guess on a bad snap and run, you just take it. His worth is as a punter over, hopefully a 19 game season :doh: But i still like the idea, particularly if i've got someone like the Jests Ben Graham, who played 10 years of AFL (albeit for Geelong). He could take a hit and probably give it back...see Darren Bennett...

Nice job twisting my words. I said he probably runs the NFL version of a 4.5, which in REALITY is a 4.7. The times are skewed to begin with and I presented more then enough evidence to prove that. You can either take the name of this competition literally and conclude that Moorman really is one of the fastest players in the NFL, or you can see this competition for what it really is, entertainment. 

600646[/snapback]

I would be willing to bet my life he doesn't run a 4.2 or 4.3, that's as fast as Nate and Terrance, and after watching him run on a couple broken plays he is not as fast as those two. Fast for a punter yes, as fast as two CB's that competed in the NFL's fastest man challenge? No way.

600646[/snapback]

Well it looks like you took the name of the competition literally 3 months ago. And you keep saying that Moorman runs a 4.7 for someone who has world class speed at the 55 Hurdles. you must have close to world class speed for a 55 meter sprint to be world class at the hurdles. 4.7 is a joke and to correct one thing you did say before: ben johnson ran the first 40 meters of that race in 4.38 not yards...which is roughly a 4.00 40 yd dash. :doh:

Well it looks like you took the name of the competition literally 3 months ago. And you keep saying that Moorman runs a 4.7 for someone who has world class speed at the 55 Hurdles. you must have close to world class speed for a 55 meter sprint to be world class at the hurdles. 4.7 is a joke and to correct one thing you did say before: ben johnson ran the first 40 meters of that race in 4.38 not yards...which is roughly a 4.00 40 yd dash.  :doh:

600754[/snapback]

Ben Johnson’s time that I gave was not measured in meters, it was measured in yards. I indicated this in the last thread but you ignored it just like every other point I made. If you actually need the link here it is Johnson runs a 4.38 in his record run

The whole comment regarding the 4.7 was to say Moorman probably would run about a 4.5 at the combine, which would actually be a 4.7 if the timing of these 40's were more legitimate. What more evidence do you need then the world record steroid induced 100 meters ran by Johnson.? If that trial only covered the first 40 yards in 4.38 am I supposed to believe that Moorman can run even faster? If you put Moorman behind hurricane Katrina on a track then maybe he does run that fast, but that's not how football is played, and since you compared him to some of the fastest players in the NFL I choose to base my 4.5 estimate on the same stage the rest of the NFL players run on, the combine.

Like I said in the last post Nate Clements and Terrance MaGee ran in the same range at the combine as Bob Sanders, and both are a little slower then Mathis. Determining what Moormans exact 40 is would be impossible, but if he can compete with Sanders and Mathis then odds are he does run in the range of a 4.3, thus being among the fastest players in the league. If he can't compete with these two in such favorable conditions (Track Surface, Track Start) then he obviously isn't among the fastest in the league. It's such a simple solution to this debate that I would just rather wait until the race is over to finish it up.

EDIT: I just noticed BM will also be competing in the obstacle course, I imagine he will do very well in that competition.

U Must have forgotten the bad snap during punt formation, that he picked up and ran for like 40 yards down the sideline.  Guys a speedster, surprised that mularkeys bag of tricks never utilized him more.

600398[/snapback]

Moorman is the best player on our team, but no matter what how athletic you are, kickers and punters are still vastly more likely to be injured taking a tackle than your regular position players. We can't risk injury to the best player on our team by having him carry the ball, imo. He goes down, then we might end up with some crappy ass punter like Seattle's who can't down the ball inside the 20 at all.