Just food for thought

B Rob

As I watched tonights game I think that you will all agree with me that Big Ben had a very average game.Alot of guys here on this board drool all over Ben and wish he was in Buffalo.I saw nothing that he did tonight that JP couldn't do.

You see the difference here is not that Ben is that much better than JP but just that the team surrounding him is.So for every JP is a bust thread that is out there take a deep breath and look at what a great team in total Pittsburgh is.Team being the key word here.I'm not saying that if you put JP in Pitt you would get the same results but if Ben were here in Buffalo he wouldn't have a ring to wear.

Lets hope that Marv and company can put together as quality a team in Buffalo as they have in Pitt.And than we can all make an assumption about JP being a bust or not.But until then lets give the kid a shot with a quality O-Line and a Defense that can hold other teams down.

After watching tonights game I have new found faith that JP just might be the guy here in Buffalo if we can just get the right parts around him.Lets go Buffalo in 2006

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I watched tonights game I think that you will all agree with me that Big Ben had a very average game.Alot of guys here on this board drool all over Ben and wish he was in Buffalo.I saw nothing that he did tonight that JP couldn't do.

You see the difference here is not that Ben is that much better than JP but just that the team surrounding him is.So for every JP is a bust thread that is out there take a deep breath and look at what a great team in total Pittsburgh is.Team being the key word here.I'm not saying that if you put JP in Pitt you would get the same results but if Ben were here in Buffalo he wouldn't have a ring to wear.

Lets hope that Marv and company can put together as quality a team in Buffalo as they have in Pitt.And than we can all make an assumption about JP being a bust or not.But until then lets give the kid a shot with a quality O-Line and a Defense that can hold other teams down.

After watching tonights game I have new found faith that JP just might be the guy here in Buffalo if we can just get the right parts around him.Lets go Buffalo in 2006

595743[/snapback]

9-21 for 123 yards and 2 interceptions.

I'd say he was siginficantly worse than average.

595754[/snapback]

NS, that INT might have been the worst throw I've ever seen. He had a WR 10 yards away from him that was open by a good 3 yards and somehow managed to throw it right to the DB.

Actually, I think Doug Flutie just got his ring...

Played like crap the whole game, but made a few big plays with his feet and a shovel pass for flair.

Of course, Ben is like 10 Fluties size wise.... :doh:

595755[/snapback]

The media would have given Flutie the MVP though.

Played like crap the whole game, but made a few big plays with his feet and a shovel pass for flair.

595755[/snapback]

But don't you agree that you could have gotten the same result from JP.He has shown the ability to make some plays with his feet and surely could have thrown the ball up for grabs like the pass to Ward .

But don't you agree that you could have gotten the same result from JP.He has shown the ability to make some plays with his feet and surely could have thrown the ball up for grabs like the pass to Ward .

595775[/snapback]

this game? yes.

I'm not sure JP would have gotten us there in the 1st place though...

That is more a function of how good the total team is.Not so much a reflection of Bens greatness

595781[/snapback]

Do you watch the games? Seriously, if you do and you can't see that at this point Ben is a MUCH better quarterback than JP, then you need your eyes tested.

Ben choked in this game, no question about that. You could see it on his face, too; he was tight. But he was still awesome against Indy and Denver and is still a great, young QB. If Ben ever gets back to the Super Bowl, I'm sure he'll play much better, similar to how he played much better this year in the playoffs after he choked last year. Overall, despite a poor game today, I'd much rather have him as my QB than JP.

Where is this Ben was average thing coming from? Ben sucked big time. At least 3-4 of his passes looked like bad punts. He never got it together for this game.

That being said he did have a heck of a run in the playoffs to help get the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

595755[/snapback]

I don't know. Ben makes enough plays in big games to keep his team in the hunt. He should get a little credit for that.

Hey, and if the refs keep blowing him for 3 or 4 more years, he'll be the next Brady.

595775[/snapback]

NO--i dont agree.Big Ben made some plays when he had to. Sure -he did not have a good game---but he got what he ahd to done.JP hasnt proven that he can do anything yet.

Plus---Ben had 3 v good to great games just to get them here.

595754[/snapback]

And a QB rating of 20!

Remember when a wrist band chaulked full of plays was a sign that you were a "retarded" QB (ala Vince Ferragamo with the Bills)?

Wow, a lot has changed the past 20 years in the NFL.

:doh:

And a QB rating of 20!

Remember when a wrist band chaulked full of plays was a sign that you were a "retarded" QB (ala Vince Ferragamo with the Bills)?

Wow, a lot has changed the past 20 years in the NFL.

:(

595996[/snapback]

It's still a sign that your QB is retarded. Only thing is that now, it's the norm.

Do you watch the games? Seriously, if you do and you can't see that at this point Ben is a MUCH better quarterback than JP, then you need your eyes tested.

595833[/snapback]

Congrats to Big Ben for QB'ing this team to an SB championsjip. No matter what anyone judges about his play, that cannot be taken away from him (along with the millions obucks he will earn).

The thing for folks to remember though it can BOTH be true that he earned his SB title and that he is really not that far above average among QB starters.

He (like JP) will get better with experience, but as pretty clearly shown when RonoQB went our for three games with an injury and Pittsburgh went 2-1 against not very good teams starting their back-up QB and then their #3 disaster QB when Batch got injured that they can easily beat bad teams even without Big Ben.

Likewise in the next three with RoboQB back they went 1-2 and showed that even with Big Ben they can be beaten by teams which are better at the time (the Colts before the Dugy tragedy and the rust of locking up the division so early and the Bungles who had not learned how to win in the end0 and also that they can beat very good team with Big Ben though really the lead tools in that game was great running, a nice screen pass and run by Parker and a short throw by Big Brn punctuated by a nice run after the catch by Hines (at least that was the description of the game on the Stillers website.

RoboQB is one of the best of young QBs, but winning in the NFL is such a team game that one can be just a little above average for QBs and be all the QB you need to win it all.

Big Ben's performance bodes well for JP as at least if he should have the TEAM essential to even getting to the SB, at least RoboQB has broken the jinx that has made it 17 years since a team drafted a QB in the 1st who brought the team an SB win.

Here's hopin we will not have to wait another 17 years for a 1st round QB choice to be the one that delivers a team an SB win.

Here's hopin we will not have to wait another 17 years for a 1st round QB choice to be the one that delivers a team an SB win.

596032[/snapback]

A......Hmmmmm... Better qualify that logic "Dr. Spock." :w00t::lol::(:w00t:

We are on the up tick, just like the mid 1980's. The 1st rounders "off the lot" are coming faster now.

You are such a bummer sometimes... :lol::lol: