Just food for thought

B Rob

Did you watch the game? The best pass of the night by pittsburgh was thrown by randle el.

596214[/snapback]

What, that 3rd and 28 pass didn't impress you? I know he didn't play well. But when he had to make a play he did. My only point to this is equating his performance as a choke job is inaccurate.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think Big Ben has all the time in the world in every game?!?  He made things happen all year when the protection broke down. 

596176[/snapback]

Yes he did - certainly throughout the play-offs. A key point.

And I give him credit for the tackle in the IND playoff game after Bettis' late fumble. The Indy player should have kept going left, but he did not and Benny got him.

What, that 3rd and 28 pass didn't impress you? I know he didn't play well. But when he had to make a play he did. My only point to this is equating his performance as a choke job is inaccurate.

596256[/snapback]

sure he made a heads up play to scramble and not pass the LOS. but the pass itself was a wounded duck that should have been easily knocked down if boulware's head wasnt lodged in his ass.

As I watched tonights game I think that you will all agree with me that Big Ben had a very average game.Alot of guys here on this board drool all over Ben and wish he was in Buffalo.I saw nothing that he did tonight that JP couldn't do.

You see the difference here is not that Ben is that much better than JP but just that the team surrounding him is.So for every JP is a bust thread that is out there take a deep breath and look at what a great team in total Pittsburgh is.Team being the key word here.I'm not saying that if you put JP in Pitt you would get the same results but if Ben were here in Buffalo he wouldn't have a ring to wear.

Lets hope that Marv and company can put together as quality a team in Buffalo as they have in Pitt.And than we can all make an assumption about JP being a bust or not.But until then lets give the kid a shot with a quality O-Line and a Defense that can hold other teams down.

After watching tonights game I have new found faith that JP just might be the guy here in Buffalo if we can just get the right parts around him.Lets go Buffalo in 2006

595743[/snapback]

That was one of the smartest posts I've read on TBD. And yes - you are correct. Big Ben manages the game well, but isn't that good.

A phantom TD, a phantom hold that should have had the Seahawks at 1st and goal at the one and a very weeny "push-off" call. About 15 points difference. What was the difference in the game? Hmmmmm

It was the worst officiating in a SB ever! I started out rooting for the Steelers and then changed because the Seahawks were getting cheated on multiple calls.

as good as advertised, he can't hold carson palmer's jock

596250[/snapback]

That wasn't the argument, Palmer is much better. But to say that Ben Rothlisburger isn't as good as advertised is like saying that Tom Brady isn't as good as advertised. They win football games and that is what matters.

Guest BackInDaDay
That was one of the smartest posts I've read on TBD. And yes - you are correct. Big Ben manages the game well, but isn't that good.

596264[/snapback]

One question.

Where'd you get that picture of Peyton? :(

596256[/snapback]

That pass completion was as impressive as it was lucky.

Yea. Right. THAT would have been the difference. :(

596285[/snapback]

Didn't Art Monk get a TD that was over-turned (actually the first one ever) in SB XXVI?

The Bills were the Colts of today. Even given their chances, found a way to lose. This is very different from yeaterdays game... Pitt won.

Then there is the ref on the Norwood kick appearing to stuff the flag back in his pocket... Oh well, just my imagination.

The NFL never really had it in for the Bills, it was quite the opposite... I think they just got sick of them losing.

:w00t:

A phantom TD, a phantom hold that should have had the Seahawks at 1st and goal at the one and a very weeny "push-off" call.  About 15 points difference.  What was the difference in the game?  Hmmmmm

It was the worst officiating in a SB ever!  I started out rooting for the Steelers and then changed because the Seahawks were getting cheated on multiple calls.

596298[/snapback]

Same here Ray... I really wanted the Steelers to win, just not this way.

Towards the end, I was rooting for the Seahawks just to see if they could overcome the terrible game deciding calls.

They maintained their diginity.

I am not devasted for the Steelers, I am happy and glad for them.

I just feel really bad for Seattle. They should have lost with the same diginity they gave to the game. And that is a fair game from the refs.

But don't you agree that you could have gotten the same result from JP.He has shown the ability to make some plays with his feet and surely could have thrown the ball up for grabs like the pass to Ward .

595775[/snapback]

I have to disagree. The great thing about that play was NOT the throw. It was the split second decision making and awareness of where he was on the field. It took some creativity and some sack to sidestep, see where the rusher was and where Ben's feet were,set up and throw. Most QB's-like JP for instance-never make that play. They'd just keep running in hopes of getting in range for a field goal shot. That play every bit exemplified the difference between a winner and JP. Even though Ben was jittery and that glove he had to wear on his busted hand obviously caused havoc w/his accuracy,he still managed to win a game he played poorly in. This game actually made me more down about not getting big Ben in the draft. He's got everything JP doesn't.

Yea. Right. THAT would have been the difference. :doh:

596285[/snapback]

If the refs called offensive PI like that on Irvin I'm not sure Irvin would have had a single catch in either of the SBs. Hell, he might not have had a single reception during his entire career!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic...I think.

That pass completion was as impressive as it was lucky.

596312[/snapback]

What was impressive about it? The fact that it was a SB record for airtime for a 40 yard pass?

Please stop the Big Ben man-love. Pittsburgh won despite Ben's play not because of his play. He had the worst performance I have ever seen by a QB in the SB. He made a great run in the playoffs to help Pittsburgh get to the SB, but he SUCKED in the SB.

What was impressive about it? The fact that it was a SB record for airtime for a 40 yard pass?

Please stop the Big Ben man-love. Pittsburgh won despite Ben's play not because of his play. He had the worst performance I have ever seen by a QB in the SB. He made a great run in the playoffs to help Pittsburgh get to the SB, but he SUCKED in the SB.

596850[/snapback]

He made the play, that is what is impressive about it. It counts in the books, that's impressive. It turned the game around, and besides the called back nullified TD and the 75 yard TD by Parker, that play was the single most important play of a Super Bowl win. I think Boulware blew it myself, and could have easily intercepted it. It was floater, and it was dangerous. But it was a completion. And I would want that play 10 out of 10 times versus a perfect pass that was dropped.

His team won. How the hell did he choke? He made plays when he had too. You didn't see great stats so he must have choked? Give me a break.

596114[/snapback]

He was wildy inaccurate for much of the game. His own coach said he needed to settle down. Yes, he did make some winning plays, but overall, he played nervous in his first Super Bowl. He's 23. It happens.

I like our inexperienced young Losman, but if there was one QB on the field yesterday that reminded me of JP, it was Hasselback.  He looked a little frantic back there at times. 

596237[/snapback]

Strange. I thought he might've been the best player on the field, and the one Seahawk truly deserving of Super Bowl victory. He made quick decisions and was on the money most of the time. His tight end failed him, or else he could've been Super Bowl MVP.