Just food for thought

B Rob

Do you watch the games? Seriously, if you do and you can't see that at this point Ben is a MUCH better quarterback than JP, then you need your eyes tested.

595833[/snapback]

Friggin Bills fans, can not see the forest from the trees

What's the difference between Buffalo and Pittsburgh ?

A significanlty better OL, and a D that is over 10x's better.

Put JP behind a well oiled machine like Pittsburgh and you would see a different QB.

Put Big Ben behind the Bills and you would hear Bills fans claiming BR is the biggest bust ever.

JP has some learning to do, and some experience to gain.. there is no denying that, but the Bills as a team have been so mis managed, and completely inepy on the OL, DL and coaching that no player at any position stood out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you watch the games? Seriously, if you do and you can't see that at this point Ben is a MUCH better quarterback than JP, then you need your eyes tested.

595833[/snapback]

How can anyone really claim to make a valid comparison at this point? Comparing JP playing with the Bills offense to Big Ben playing with the Steelers is like comparing apples and oranges.

I do think it's painfully obvious, though, that JP would look a heck of a lot better playing in Pittsburgh, and Roeth. would look a lot worse in a Bills uniform.

Put JP behind a well oiled machine like Pittsburgh and you would see a different QB.

Put Big Ben behind the Bills and you would hear Bills fans claiming BR is the biggest bust ever.

JP has some learning to do, and some experience to gain.. there is no denying that, but the Bills as a team have been so mis managed, and completely inepy on the OL, DL and coaching that no player at any position stood out.

597110[/snapback]

This is what I was saying.

Thank you for getting it

Ben choked in this game, no question about that.  You could see it on his face, too; he was tight.  But he was still awesome against Indy and Denver and is still a great, young QB.  If Ben ever gets back to the Super Bowl, I'm sure he'll play much better, similar to how he played much better this year in the playoffs after he choked last year.  Overall, despite a poor game today, I'd much rather have him as my QB than JP.

595857[/snapback]

Very good post. Pittsburgh got to and won the Super Bowl because it had a complete team. During the playoffs, the running game often wasn't there, so Big Ben stepped up and played lights out football. In the Super Bowl, the passing game wasn't working, so other parts of the team made up for it with their excellent play. It's true Losman could have provided the equivalent of Big Ben on a bad day. The same could be said about just about any QB in the league. What remains to be seen is whether JP can step up and play the way Roethisberger did en route to the Super Bowl.

Very good post. Pittsburgh got to and won the Super Bowl because it had a complete team. During the playoffs, the running game often wasn't there, so Big Ben stepped up and played lights out football. In the Super Bowl, the passing game wasn't working, so other parts of the team made up for it with their excellent play. It's true Losman could have provided the equivalent of Big Ben on a bad day. The same could be said about just about any QB in the league. What remains to be seen is whether JP can step up and play the way Roethisberger did en route to the Super Bowl.

597622[/snapback]

True it has yet to be seen by JP.But lets give the kid the tools he needs to succed before we give up on him.That's all I'm trying to say.I think you can agree that he did show flashes of being a good QB when he wasn't getting beat to death.

597110[/snapback]

Did I ever mention anything about "if JP was behind Pitt's line" or "if we had that running game" or any other scenario like that? I agree 100% that in those hypothetical situations that it would be much different in assessing JP and Ben. I simply said at THIS POINT Ben is a much better QB. His pocket presence / awarness, accuracy, and ability to make a play for his team when they need it is far superior to JP's right now (and probably was last year when he was a rookie compared to JP this past year).

I don't know why everyone is attacking my original statement (which I don't think any logical footbal fan would argue with) by throwing in all kinds of "what ifs". I simply replied to a post that suggested the Steelers getting to the SB was more a credit to the team than to Ben, and JP could have done the same. I disagree and maintain that at this point Ben is a better QB and had quite a bit to do with the team's success this year.

Congrats to Big Ben for QB'ing this team to an SB championsjip. No matter what anyone judges about his play, that cannot be taken away from him (along with the millions obucks he will earn).

The thing for folks to remember though it can BOTH be true that he earned his SB title and that he is really not that far above average among QB starters.

He (like JP) will get better with experience, but as pretty clearly shown when RonoQB went our for three games with an injury and Pittsburgh went 2-1 against not very good teams starting their back-up QB and then their #3 disaster QB when Batch got injured that they can easily beat bad teams even without Big Ben.

Likewise in the next three with RoboQB back they went 1-2 and showed that even with Big Ben they can be beaten by teams which are better at the time (the Colts before the Dugy tragedy and the rust of locking up the division so early and the Bungles who had not learned how to win in the end0 and also that they can beat very good team with Big Ben though really the lead tools in that game was great running, a nice screen pass and run by Parker and a short throw by Big Brn punctuated by a nice run after the catch by Hines (at least that was the description of the game on the Stillers website.

RoboQB is one of the best of young QBs, but winning in the NFL is such a team game that one can be just a little above average for QBs and be all the QB you need to win it all.

Big Ben's performance bodes well for JP as at least if he should have the TEAM essential to even getting to the SB, at least RoboQB has broken the jinx that has made it 17 years since a team drafted a QB in the 1st who brought the team an SB win.

Here's hopin we will not have to wait another 17 years for a 1st round QB choice to be the one that delivers a team an SB win.

596032[/snapback]

You've been around a long time and you still haven't quite gotten in sync with the "HE SUCKS"...He's GREAT" mentality around here, have ya? :( (Neither have I)

It's all or nothing, soon to be former FFS. You're a hero or a bum...there is no gray. Sports talk radio RULES man!

Guest BackInDaDay
You've been around a long time and you still haven't quite gotten in sync with the "HE SUCKS"...He's GREAT" mentality around here, have ya?  :(  (Neither have I)

It's all or nothing, soon to be former FFS.  You're a hero or a bum...there is no gray.  Sports talk radio RULES man!

598074[/snapback]

Sorry to interrupt Dean, but I believe that "Sports talk radio RULES dude!" is the proper vernacular. :(