President Bush about to speak

The b.s. applause is extra silly tonight.  During the health care section, we had dueling standing ovations b/w the left and right sides of the house.    :(  ;)

590454[/snapback]

That's exactly why I'm not watching it. Last year was like a friggin HS basketball game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since people seem to think I just bash Bush (see above, I bashed Clinton), I didn't want to say anything. But I had NO CLUE as to what word he said at that point. Thank you for putting it in print.

I don't. I think you bash Bush because you're basically a hateful and bitter person like me. ;)

I bash Bush because...he's an idiot. I've talked to people in the White House (senior people, whom I can't name for what will soon be obvious reasons) that have told me "My boss is a really nice guy...but he's an idiot."

And as soon as I saw "rostrum" in the text, I thought "He's going to butcher that one, for sure." :(

The Best part of the whole thing was the standing ovation the Democrats gave when bush said:

"Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security"

It was the loudest one of the night, as they were applauding themselves...

590437[/snapback]

Credit Bush for at least trying to address the problem. You and I will never see dime one of what we're putting into Social Security right now. Congress' constant "We can't do this!" refrain on the issue would have gone over better with me if they'd offered anything resembling an alternative. Social Security as an issue is the US Government in a microcosm: sheer unadulterated idiocy run amok.

What's the over/under on the number of misspellings in the first post by some idiot trying to bash the President before the SOTU even starts?  ;)

Don’t worry.  American Idol will be back soon enough so you won’t have to worry about hearing big words that you don’t understand.  :(

590445[/snapback]

1) I'm just some idiot, I'm allowed to mispell. And no one wrote my post for me, and I didn't make up any words

2) He's the leader of the "free" world

3) Get over yourself.

4) Big words I don't understand? Like what? Misunderestimate?

Well...considering Jeb Bush might be running in '08, you should be kinder towards her.  You'll probably be casting your vote for her.  :(

With leadership like this, our country is so friggin' screwed it's not even funny.  Makes me glad the only thing required for New Zealand citizenship is a quarter-million US dollars.  Cash.  ;)

590430[/snapback]

What scares me is that the bush bros make Hilary look like an attractive option for prez in '08.

Bush had his lovely "blowing up commuters" comment about terrorists...

What scares me is that the bush bros make Hilary look like an attractive option for prez in '08.

Bush had his lovely "blowing up commuters" comment about terrorists...

590495[/snapback]

Every time I start to think that, I remind myself that, while I disagree with some aspects of Bush's foreign policy (not all that many...Iraq, basically), Bill's was orders of magnitude worse.

Plus, there's the distasteful fact that if Hilary runs and wins, our presidents from 1988 on will have been Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and Clinton. A quarter-century of being ruled by one of two families, more if she gets two terms. May as well burn the Constitution and declare a friggin' monarchy if she runs and wins.

Every time I start to think that, I remind myself that, while I disagree with some aspects of Bush's foreign policy (not all that many...Iraq, basically), Bill's was orders of magnitude worse. 

Plus, there's the distasteful fact that if Hilary runs and wins, our presidents from 1988 on will have been Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and Clinton.  A quarter-century of being ruled by one of two families, more if she gets two terms.  May as well burn the Constitution and declare a friggin' monarchy if she runs and wins.

590506[/snapback]

What's the alternative if Jeb runs against her? :(

Bush v. Clinton II: This time it's personal.

I don't.  I think you bash Bush because you're basically a hateful and bitter person like me.  :P

I bash Bush because...he's an idiot.  I've talked to people in the White House (senior people, whom I can't name for what will soon be obvious reasons) that have told me "My boss is a really nice guy...but he's an idiot." 

And as soon as I saw "rostrum" in the text, I thought "He's going to butcher that one, for sure."  :lol:

Credit Bush for at least trying to address the problem.  You and I will never see dime one of what we're putting into Social Security right now.  Congress' constant "We can't do this!" refrain on the issue would have gone over better with me if they'd offered anything resembling an alternative.  Social Security as an issue is the US Government in a microcosm: sheer unadulterated idiocy run amok.

590462[/snapback]

Damn straight we won't see one dime.

I work with boomers that are CSRS employees and have been institutionalized (ie: working :lol: ) for 35 years trying to find a way to collect SS... You know what the funny thing is? In their late 50's without putting a dime into the SS system, I have faith that somehow they will find a way to put the minimum in and collect!

Great! Lets send more boomers to retirement seminars on official time!

:(;)

Plus, there's the distasteful fact that if Hilary runs and wins, our presidents from 1988 on will have been Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and Clinton.  A quarter-century of being ruled by one of two families, more if she gets two terms.  May as well burn the Constitution and declare a friggin' monarchy if she runs and wins.

590506[/snapback]

I have lived near half my life with one of the Bush boys in the White House, with hurrincane Jeb on the horizon....imagine how powerful a spell a Bush who can string two words together could cast over voters...somehow, the Clinton alternative doesn't sound so bad...

I have lived near half my life with one of the Bush boys in the White House, with hurrincane Jeb on the horizon....imagine how powerful a spell a Bush who can string two words together could cast over voters...somehow, the Clinton alternative doesn't sound so bad...

590617[/snapback]

Yeah, because I'm OH so thrilled about having the bitchiest woman ALIVE as the president. Woman in power=FIELD DAY for Islamic extremists.

Credit Bush for at least trying to address the problem.  You and I will never see dime one of what we're putting into Social Security right now.  Congress' constant "We can't do this!" refrain on the issue would have gone over better with me if they'd offered anything resembling an alternative.  Social Security as an issue is the US Government in a microcosm: sheer unadulterated idiocy run amok.

590462[/snapback]

It just disgusts me to see Congresscritters proud of themselves for looking a problem square in the face and doing absolutely nothing about it.

"Re-elect me. I fought to make sure that nothing is done about an impending problem." :(

590617[/snapback]

That shreiking !@#$ gets into the White House and...er...and...Im moving to Canada!!!!! :(

And steve...nice way to aim high there...."Im allowed to be a [schmuck]."

Yeah, because I'm OH so thrilled about having the bitchiest woman ALIVE as the president. Woman in power=FIELD DAY for Islamic extremists.

590661[/snapback]

Come to florida and experience jeb first hand. you'll re-think your stance on hilary. frankly, in a hilary-jeb race, we're !@#$ either way.

590661[/snapback]

So now we should let the Islamic extremists dictate who we elect? Priceless.

Is the problem that she's a woman? I hadn't thought that was it. I thought it was who she is and what she stands for. But if it is her gender that's the problem -- revealing.

I've talked to people in the White House (senior people, whom I can't name for what will soon be obvious reasons) that have told me "My boss is a really nice guy...but he's an idiot." 

590462[/snapback]

OK, I know "senior people" too...and I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing match as to who knows more senior people...but I am told quite the opposite.

Does this guy come off as an Einstein? No. But this whole "Bush is an idiot" thing is getting a little out of hand...