LeCharles Bentley

inkman

Just said he work out with Nate and London on Jim Rome's show.  Maybe they can pitch him...I can dream can't I?

589778[/snapback]

That's a plus!

Bentley should be our #1 priority this offseason. The only way we're getting Hutchinson is if Seattle lets him walk without a contract offer. There's no way he's going to leave a Super Bowl team for us otherwise. God knows we won't compete for talent with money.

Bentley will most likely want out of New Orleans.

My dream offseason in three sentences...

Sign Bentley, Backus, and Big Ted Washington (or Grady Jackson).

Draft Ngata in the 1st, LG in the second, S/RB in the 3rd.

Resign Nate Clements, keep Moulds, cut Mike Williams, Posey and Bennie Anderson.

Resign Nate Clements, keep Moulds, cut Mike Williams, Posey and Bennie Anderson.

589993[/snapback]

Sounds good

Another option would be keeping an eye on the wire in case CIN makes a mistake and lets rookie C Ben Wilkerson, currently on the B'gal's practice squad and on IR, go unprotected.  His rehabilition is promising.

590007[/snapback]

If he's on their Practice Squad any team can sign Wilkerson to their active roster at any time but think the Bengals have right of first refusal.

589993[/snapback]

The most realistic scenario I've read that I think would give the Bills a legit shot at the playoffs next season. Bentlely is the key, obviously. I wouldn't mind keeping Williams if he is willing to play for guard money -- not top-flight guard money.

I wouldn't mind keeping Williams if he is willing to play for guard money -- not top-flight guard money.

Problem there is that the CBA restricts the amount you can cut a player's salary by from one year to the next. I think its 30%. Even with a 30% cut, its too much money for that fat tub of goo.

Just said he work out with Nate and London on Jim Rome's show.  Maybe they can pitch him...I can dream can't I?

589778[/snapback]

Plus, Cleveland spent a #1 on center Jeff Faine just a few years ago. I think he has done o.k. at least, so Cleveland may not even be interested.

Mike Williams needs to go...in fact, cutting him is probably the only way we can afford a stud like Bentley and still pick up another O-Line starter and DT in free agency. The Duke can move to guard if we somehow manage to get LeCharles, sign Jeff Backus to man our LT spot and get another OT and OG in the Draft to solidify the line. Then we'd be cooking.

The Duke can move to guard if we somehow manage to get LeCharles, sign Jeff Backus to man our LT spot and get another OT and OG in the Draft to solidify the line.

I'm thinking the Duke can be a backup C, the starting LG would either be Gandy for a year or the draft pick (Max-Jean Gilles?), in which case Gandy could play the role that Marcus Price played.

I'm thinking the Duke can be a backup C, the starting LG would either be Gandy for a year or the draft pick (Max-Jean Gilles?), in which case Gandy could play the role that Marcus Price played.

591316[/snapback]

Very good ideas! Now if only we could get Marv to listen.

Another option would be keeping an eye on the wire in case CIN makes a mistake and lets rookie C Ben Wilkerson, currently on the B'gal's practice squad and on IR, go unprotected.  His rehabilition is promising.

590007[/snapback]

Hi mr. wilkerson's agent, nice to have you aboard lol

I've heard and read that Bentley is not happy with NO, however they can't tag howard this year, and the rumor is it will be Bentley who gets the tag. Sorry out there, I like him too, but he is spoken for.