Sam Wyche gone......

sven233

Because Wyche is a great football mind with a lot of experience, a good guy by all accounts and the kind of smart, reliable, positive influence that's not easy to find and that you want helping to guide your organization.

585212[/snapback]

wait a cotton pickin' minute...read what you wrote...think about that POS offense we ran last year...sorry, if he was in anyway involved in game planning/execution he did a sh------- job...while not doubting he was a "good guy", he, IMO didn't bring much to the offense.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a cotton pickin' minute...read what you wrote...think about that POS offense we ran last year...sorry, if he was in anyway involved in game planning/execution he did a sh------- job...while not doubting he was a "good guy", he, IMO didn't bring much to the offense.

585387[/snapback]

Everyone said Drew Bledsoe was a nice guy also, but he was run out of town on a rail for non-performance. Seems likes it's time to run Wyche and Mcnally out of town for the same reason.

think about that POS offense we ran last year...sorry, if he was in anyway involved in game planning/execution he did a sh------- job

I doubt he was overly involved in much of anything but working with JP, and I think he did a very credible job of that; as well as anybody could have done in that situation.

I didn't have a big problem with our game-planning or scheming last year, it was our execution that I thought was lacking more than anything. And unless Sam was slipping on a uni and sneaking on the field during games, I can't hold him at fault for that aspect.

Cya

You change out two co-ordinators and add 2 trenchmen and this team is right back on track, improving and taking positive forward steps just like they were up until last year.

But when we had to deal with a year breaking in a rookie QB and also lost a bunch of players at the same time, you little pussies couldn't handle it and started screeching (or in your case, continued screeching) like a bunch of infants. As a result Ralph pissed down his leg and demolished a solid organization so he could replace it with this garbage.

Nice work.  :lol:

585373[/snapback]

two trenchman? 2 OL? 2 DL? 1 of each? i think we need alot more work personnel wise then that........

i guess i just lack the patience you have..........in my books 5 years is MORE then enough time to turn around a franchise and get them in the playoffs........TD couldn't do it, as a result TD is gone.......how long were you willing to give him? 6? 7? a decade?

this team hasn't been making progress, it's been treading water.......hopefully levy and jauron can turn it around, as donahoe and mularky certainly weren't........

but hey, don't let me stop your campaign, crusade on my friend, crusade on!

and the defense? you wouldn't touch that personnel wise?

I certainly think we need to add at least a good DT, and have already given Donahoe hell for that on numerous occasions. But I think the biggest problem we had on that side of the ball was by far Jerry Gray and that replacing him would have yielded instant improvement.

how long were you willing to give him? 6? 7? a decade?

I'd give him until he wasn't doing good work and we had a better option available. I don't believe either of those things was true. The Bills had been steadily improving until last year when they broke in a 1styear starter and suffered a bunch of injuries. They took a step back in hopes of taking two steps forward; no cause for alarm and certainly no cause to blow up the organization and make downgrades at important administrative positions.

but hey, don't let me stop your campaign, crusade on my friend, crusade on!

Yeah, just another 1000 or so negative rants and I'll be almost halfway to your level of self-important, simple-minded, self-indulgent posts. :lol:

Yeah, just another 1000 or so negative rants and I'll be almost halfway to your level of self-important, simple-minded, self-indulgent posts.  :lol:

585409[/snapback]

yea, gotta hate those "we should pay big pat and treat him with respect" posts that i littered the board with -- i was certainly off base there, seeing we don't need a big run stuffer on this team :)

but TD didn't think so.......and that, among many other reasons, is why TD lost his job........

Per Channel 7 news.

585184[/snapback]

The confusing part about this statement is whether "it is Sam Wyche who is

not coming back voluntarily" or if the bills HC is not retaining him....

The reason is this hire/fire might have something to do with JPL....If I wanted

JP to be my QB, then I would rather have continuity with the QB coach tutoring

him....If Wyche refused the job, because his buddies MM/TC are gone, then it

is a different story...

I think the Bills should come out and clearly say what their QB plans are. I think

that puts the other players in the right mind frame to decide whether they want

to play for the Bills or not.

I doubt he was overly involved in much of anything but working with JP, and I think he did a very credible job of that; as well as anybody could have done in that situation.

I didn't have a big problem with our game-planning or scheming last year, it was our execution that I thought was lacking more than anything. And unless Sam was slipping on a uni and sneaking on the field during games, I can't hold him at fault for that aspect.

Cya

585396[/snapback]

what? so did JP progress last year? did SW sign off on yanking him, then fail to put him back in late in the year when "all hope was lost"? Anyway, he's a great guy, but maybe Fairchild has sent signals that he's JP's new mentor or maybe JP has been determined to be a "bust"...I dunno...regardless, I still see this as no big loss to the organization....fewer "cooks in the kitchen"...

Am I sad to see Sam go? Yes

Do I think it cripples the Bills or JP? Not really.

Can we all think clearly here everyone??

If we want to see JP improve....

UPGRADE THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!

I dont really care who is tutoring JP...until the Offensive Line improves greatly, all the coaching in the world WILL NOT matter.

what? so did JP progress last year?

If you compare what he looked like in 2004 with what he looked like in 2005, I'd say he amde significant progress. Additionally I also think he made real progress from early in the year 'til later.

did SW sign off on yanking him, then fail to put him back in late in the year when "all hope was lost"?

I assume he agreed that Losman needed some time to watch from the sidelines earlier in the year, and considering how much better he looked afterwards it apparently worked.

And the reason he didn't come back in late in the year was because he was injured. Not hurt, injured. I'm struggling to see why everybody is having such a hard time with that concept. I guess it's because most folks are just looking for reasons to fire people.

Cya

This team has been so bad recently, I'm not sorry to see any of them go. The only coach I want to stay is April. He was the only one doing anything worth a damn. This team needs to leave behind all traces of its losing ways.

How about progression instead of regression?  That'd be nice for a change.  If you disagree, that's fine -- IMO that's why most of us come here, to get varying opinions and perceptions -- but don't think, not even for a minute, that you're the only person who watches football. 

But alas, King Simon has spoken.  Might as well close the thread now.

585353[/snapback]

The fact that he progressed (no, he did not regress) is not debatable. It is there on tape for all to see in numerous examples, and there are resources to get copies of those games for any who don't have them. Not eveything in football is subject to opinion even though we feel empowered with all of our varying opinions of many aspects of the game.

What IS debatable , is whether or not JP will ever become a complete and successful NFL QB. Sam Wyche, IMO, had a very good relationship with JP and helped him out a great deal.

If you compare what he looked like in 2004 with what he looked like in 2005, I'd say he amde significant progress. Additionally I also think he made real progress from early in the year 'til later.

I assume he agreed that Losman needed some time to watch from the sidelines earlier in the year, and considering how much better he looked afterwards it apparently worked.

And the reason he didn't come back in late in the year was because he was injured. Not hurt, injured. I'm struggling to see why everybody is having such a hard time with that concept. I guess it's because most folks are just looking for reasons to fire people.

Cya

585424[/snapback]

don't get me wrong...I'm a big JP supporter...but the more I think about it, the more I think Fairchild wants to be in charge of JP. I'm not looking for excuses to fire SW but in fairness, he was part of that cluster !@#$ of an offense we ran last year.

Yet another stellar contribution.

Where do you consistently come up with such thought provoking insight?

585383[/snapback]

Awwwww, boo-hoo-hoo. Now Simon is a wittle angwy... :lol::)

Grow up. What Campy said was both true and funny.

The quarterbacks coach is not a big thing right now. Wyche was okay, but there are a million more out there, and Jauron has worked with a number of new and struggling QB's. Furthermore, it is sink or swim time for JP and a coach can only take you so far. Change may be good here. Simon may have been a little strong but he has a point that there isn't a lot that has to be done to improve this team. He doesn't have a point here in that the clowns running the operation should have seen what had to be done sooner and should have addressed the problems then, either by not letting Jennings and Williams go, or by addressing their departure in the drafts or free agency.

Cya

585396[/snapback]

simon, you know i respect your opinion about a lot of things, but the wyche hire always looked like a sympathy hire of an old and infirm man to me, and the offenses he oversaw in tampa were downright awful. and the qbs all sucked too, except for one moderately decent season by craig erickson (in which he still managed to complete only 56% of his passes). your bit earlier about his "coaching" of testaverde and dilfer isn't accurate: first of all, they absolutely sucked under his guidance, and secondly, he was the head coach and couldn't have overseen the minutiae of their performance.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tamindex.htm

please don't make too much of this -- i suspected he was gone, and this is no surprise. it's truly not a big deal.

Man, is this a group panty bunching? When teams change the GM and the HC, other staff changes always happen with them. This is part of the normal transition to a new staff, this is NOT unique to Buffalo. It has nothing to do with:

1. Ralph being cheap (a fact that no one can verify).

2. Sam deserting a sinking ship.

The bottom line in the NFL is brutal, but it's a line that ALL coaches and administration people understand and accept as part of the game:

Win and you've got job security. Lose, and you're out. It comes with the territory, so let's all just relax and see what happens.