Sam Wyche gone......

sven233

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AS I said earlier, I'm surprised it took this long.

Wyche came here because MM made him an offer which saved him from the wilderness of illness forced retirement.

The sickness he had not only forced him to drop the multi-hour high pressure job of being an HC, but cost him his voice and ability to yell (seemingly a job requirement for a coach) or even speak loudly (certainly an essential part of teaching QBs as we emphasize the importance of lessons with volume and cadence is all important for a QB).

It was great that MM got to repay a favor to Wyche who rescued MM from player retirement and I think a career selling insurance by giving an asst. coach for quality control role with TB.

I was surprised when Wyche did not leave when MM resigned but I guessed he seemed to be staying around as though he is greatly healed it still is a question whether he has enough of a voice to teach or take on a role like OC that he is easily mentally capable of taking on.

His stayimg around so long and apparently even queing up to have a returning coach "interview" with Jauron made me think that perhaps with favors being done by both men the scales were equaled.

My guess is though with Fairchild just coming aboard as OC that he has a QB coach coming with him and thus Wyche is gone, We'ell see in the next couple of days whether someone like the Rams QB coach comes over (then they made Wyche walk the plank or Wyche gets a job with MM in MI (which if it happens quickly probably means Wyche himself flew the coop.

Why in the world do you consider this such a big loss guys?

** Purely curious ... not in for a huge fight

585203[/snapback]

Because Wyche is a great football mind with a lot of experience, a good guy by all accounts and the kind of smart, reliable, positive influence that's not easy to find and that you want helping to guide your organization.

The Bills organization just took yet another large step backwards in an offseason in which only a couple steps forward could have made them a very good team.

Because Wyche is a great football mind with a lot of experience, a good guy by all accounts and the kind of smart, reliable, positive influence that's not easy to find and that you want helping to guide your organization.

The Bills organization just took yet another large step backwards in an offseason in which only a couple steps forward could have made them a very good team.

585212[/snapback]

It also may be a big loss if he really is seen by JP as central to his development as a QB or has built a relationship with him/

Im sure he left on his own. I dont see it a such a great loss however. Im sure he has a great football mind but out with the old and in with the new. It was my thought from day 1 that nobody but April should have been kept. That included SW and even McNally.

585199[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'm ready to throw that baby out with the bath water.

If memory serves Wyche also has ticker problems that are checked each year. That could be part of the reason.

Sam as good a coach as he was, and with all the time he and JP spent in last year's offseason, didn't get the youngster as ready as he thought.

I do wish him well with his health issues.

It also may be a big loss if he really is seen by JP as central to his development as a QB or has built a relationship with him/

585217[/snapback]

I'd bet my house he had a great relationship with Losman.

And a truck that he'd have continued to be a highly positive influence on JP's development as a player as well as a person.

And a car that the Bills won't find anybody any time soon that will be his equal.

Good luck Sam and I hope you land in a great situation; don't go to miami you sonofabitch.

I'd bet my house he had a great relationship with Losman.

And a truck that he'd have continued to be a highly positive influence on JP's development as a player as well as a person.

And a car that the Bills won't find anybody any time soon that will be his equal.

Good luck Sam and I hope you land in a great situation; don't go to miami you sonofabitch.

585223[/snapback]

Well now that you've said it , miami it will be and that coaching staff saban is building will own this team for the next 5 years.......in typical buffalo fashion this will all come true!

MM in miami will be like greggo in washington ..look out

Ok he had a great relationship with losman and.........

What exactaly has Sam Wyche brought to the buffalo bills? What revolutionary concept did he help teach mularkey to use? Wyche is/was mularkeys mentor, maybe it's not out of the realm of possibility that he was responsible for some of the ideas mularkey tried with this offense? I dont see this as some great loss, if losman was on the verge of breaking out then maybe, but losmans on the verge of being a pretty big bust. I'll still sleep easy at night.