Do you like the hiring of Fairchild?

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the hiring of Fairchild?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

He had many weapons on the offense, besides the rookie qb from Harvard and the very mediocre Jamie Martin. He had Stephen Jackson, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Kevin Curtis....and the overrated Orlando Pace, a 1st rounder Alex Barron at the other tackle, Adam Timmerman at guard, and a couple other okay people on the line.

The problem is, they were so pass happy that the defense knew they weren't running, so they'd blitz the frack all day long, which led to the injuries to Mark Bulger.

I don't think Fairchild is a good choice, and I hope I am 100% wrong. Gotta trust Marv and Jauron, I guess.

He had many weapons on the offense, besides the rookie qb from Harvard and the very mediocre Jamie Martin.  He had Stephen Jackson, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Kevin Curtis....and the overrated Orlando Pace, a 1st rounder Alex Barron at the other tackle, Adam Timmerman at guard, and a couple other okay people on the line.

The problem is, they were so pass happy that the defense knew they weren't running, so they'd blitz the frack all day long, which led to the injuries to Mark Bulger.

I don't think Fairchild is a good choice, and I hope I am 100% wrong.  Gotta trust Marv and Jauron, I guess.

583709[/snapback]

I think it is a good hire. I do not feel that they were a "pass happy" team because the Rams averaged 9th in the league in run/pass ratio. With that being said, I'm back on board ro buying the Directv NFL ticket! WOOHOOO!

I think it is a good hire. I do not feel that they were a "pass happy" team because the Rams averaged 9th in the league in run/pass ratio. With that being said, I'm back on board ro buying the Directv NFL ticket! WOOHOOO!

583736[/snapback]

Until they do something you disagree with again.

:doh: Who the hell voted other? How can you answer a yes no question with other?

583746[/snapback]

Let's hear it for other!!!

I think the poll could've had another choice, like "Will wait and see" or "Not sure"

or "OK but would've preferred someone else"

I like this hiring, he did very well with the Rams last year with very few offensive weapons.  He led the Rams to have the 8th best offense in the league (http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=4) with 3 different starting quarterbacks and a mediocre o-line.

583698[/snapback]

If we could be 9th in total offense, I would be absolutely thrilled. Run, pass, swimming, it's all good...

This is where the HC comes in... SF can only do what DJ allows him to do and I believe it is the responsibility of the HC to provide the structure in which teh other coaches operate.

For instance, Dan Henning has been doing a decent job in Carolina, but I believe DH's success is dictated by what framework John Fox has laid out for him. Left to his own devices, like Marv did in Buffalo, and the guy was a disaster.

:doh: Who the hell voted other? How can you answer a yes no question with other?

583746[/snapback]

I voted "other". Amatuers shouldn't make polls! I would have picked, "not sure"...but, that was not offered.