We are in the perfect draft position

BuffBills#1

After watching the senior bowl practice and listening to Kiper, Jay Cutler could end up shooting up draft boards. If Oakland doesn't take Cutler with the 6th pick he'll probably go #9 to the Lions. Since we have the 8th pick I would expect teams to try and jump ahead of the Lions to get Cutler. Teams that would be interested in trading up would definitely be Miami, Dallas, and maybe Cleveland. We could swap 1sts with a team like Dallas or Miami and pick up that teams 2nd round pick this year and 1st next year, just like the Losman trade basically. If Cutler keeps impressing it's only going to help our team big time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the senior bowl practice and listening to Kiper, Jay Cutler could end up shooting up draft boards.  If Oakland doesn't take Cutler with the 6th pick he'll probably go #9 to the Lions.  Since we have the 8th pick I would expect teams to try and jump ahead of the Lions to get Cutler.  Teams that would be interested in trading up would definitely be Miami, Dallas, and maybe Cleveland.  We could swap 1sts with a team like Dallas or Miami and pick up that teams 2nd round pick this year and 1st next year, just like the Losman trade basically.  If Cutler keeps impressing it's only going to help our team big time.

582706[/snapback]

The question is - how is going to pull the trigger on those trades? It takes balls to make big trades like that and if you don't know what you are doing you will get taken to the cleaners.

I'll tell you something else...I think that Lendale White's draft stock will soar before April rolls around. People might be looking at him the same way they saw Carnell Williams this year. Reggie Bush may be the flashier of the duo, but White is the workhorse. We could work out a trade-down with a team that's desperate to get him.

I think after the 40 times are ran Deangelo Williams will move ahead of Lendal White as the 2nd best RB.

582856[/snapback]

40 times??????? I wonder where Thurman and Emmit ranked in those.Give me a break.How about Jerry Rice?---none of these guys was a scorcher.Lets forget about vertical leaps and how many 225 pound presses these guys can do and focus on football ability

Tell that to the NFL teams, not me. Ronnie Brown was a backup his entire career at Auburn and he ended up going #2 overall because he posted a 4.3 40 time. Remember Terrell Suggs?? He was the leading sacker in history of college football, and he dropped all the way to 10 because he posted a 4.8 40 time.

I'll tell you something else...I think that Lendale White's draft stock will soar before April rolls around.  People might be looking at him the same way they saw Carnell Williams this year.  Reggie Bush may be the flashier of the duo, but White is the workhorse.  We could work out a trade-down with a team that's desperate to get him.

582719[/snapback]

Agreed. I think White will be the best workhorse of the group coming out. Teams interested in him will want to move up right around #8.

The perfect draft position would have us in position to draft either Mario Williams or Da Brick.  As it stands right now, we have a shot at neither.  Damn you Cincinnati.

582893[/snapback]

i wouldn't speak so soon.........either of those guys could fall to our spot.......

The question is - how is going to pull the trigger on those trades?  It takes balls to make big trades like that and if you don't know what you are doing you will get taken to the cleaners.

582710[/snapback]

It's hilarious sitting back and watching those with their not so transparent agendas answering posts in the most predictable ways. :)

The question is - how is going to pull the trigger on those trades? 

582710[/snapback]

It won't be Marv.

Other than the Bennett trade that was orchestrated by Polian and the RJ trade that was done prior to the draft in desperation, I don't think the Bills performed any draft day trades while Marv was associated with the Bills.

His philosophy is let the draft come to him and not to make trades.

Too bad because an aggressive GM like Scott Pioli could really reload this team in a hurry. Pioli, by the way, made some trades last year to get additional first day picks in this year's very deep draft.

It won't be Marv.

Other than the Bennett trade that was orchestrated by Polian and the RJ trade that was done prior to the draft in desperation, I don't think the Bills performed any draft day trades while Marv was associated with the Bills.

His philosophy is let the draft come to him and not to make trades.

Too bad because an aggressive GM like Scott Pioli could really reload this team in a hurry. Pioli, by the way, made some trades last year to get additional first day picks in this year's very deep draft.

583081[/snapback]

Thank you...

of course the ball washers don't remember such details - they expect someone to come in off the street, with no experience, and expect them to wheel and deal like Monty Hall.

After watching the senior bowl practice and listening to Kiper, Jay Cutler could end up shooting up draft boards.  If Oakland doesn't take Cutler with the 6th pick he'll probably go #9 to the Lions.  Since we have the 8th pick I would expect teams to try and jump ahead of the Lions to get Cutler.  Teams that would be interested in trading up would definitely be Miami, Dallas, and maybe Cleveland.  We could swap 1sts with a team like Dallas or Miami and pick up that teams 2nd round pick this year and 1st next year, just like the Losman trade basically.  If Cutler keeps impressing it's only going to help our team big time.

582706[/snapback]

That's a very likely scenario, which I've posited for about two weeks now. I suspect it will be Dallas or Miami and I think we will get an extra second or third AND the Defensive or Offensive Tackle that we need.

Thank you...

of course the ball washers don't remember such details - they expect someone to come in off the street, with no experience, and expect them to wheel and deal like Monty Hall.

583099[/snapback]

I don't know about that, I don't want our 1st rd. pick being traded for something behind a curtain.