Press Conference at 2:30pm Today

Draconator

Brussles???

Is today Monday???

He forgot what postition Marv is in...

Man he's getting old...

I do feel a little better about Dick...

He will play to their personel...

Stresses 3 phases of the game (liked that)

Awful quick PC....just get me a good OC and I'll be happy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have an audio feed, but those were some pretty grim faces up on that stage.

580346[/snapback]

Nah, it wasnt that bad...they seemed pretty upbeat about it.

Basically all was said was that Jauron was the best canidate in Marv's opinion, got ringing endorsements from lots of coaches in the league, Chris Villarial said that with Jauron the Bills are going to be able to bring in some great FAs because he's well-known around the league as a coach players want to work with, and Jauron said that all he can do is just win on the field and silence his critics.

I'm definitely not sold on him, but like I said yesterday...I think we at least ought to give him a chance before we burn his house down.

What PC were you watching?  He said Brett had a bad year.  Rumor monger! :D

580350[/snapback]

oh crap, i forgot to log on as soprano.

j/k

levy did start to say one thing then quickly changed to "brett had a bad year". Either way, i'd hate to play the packers next year.

he also thinks that brett should probably retire...  Hope we don'tplay the packers next year

580336[/snapback]

He said that MAYBE Favre wasn't the same last year as he once was. That's not a "I believe he should retire" comment.

Twisting? Selective hearing? Preconceived notions? We'll have none of that around here.

:D;)

I'm definitely not sold on him, but like I said yesterday...I think we at least ought to give him a chance before we burn his house down.

580358[/snapback]

Burn Him! He's a Witch!

This is a small point - but I liked the fact that Jauron didn't pander to the fans. Instead of "rah rah this is the best organization blah blah" - he said the NFL is the best league and there are a lot of great franchises and this is one of them. Then at the end he was set up perfectly to say "rah rah Bills fans are the most passionate and the best in the world blah blah" again put the perspective on the leage and tha game and the overall fan base. He actually impressed me with that last answer - when the question basically was - "Everyone thinks you suck - how will you handle people hating you?"

somebody asked who the biggest pu$$ies in the league were.

just playin'!  :D

Marv was comparing the personalities of coaches - juxtaposed Vermeil with Ditka.

580353[/snapback]

Vermeil is probably the best man in NFL history, and could out coach Levy on the worst day of his life. Marv needs to go play shuffleboard, cash his checks, and try not to ruin our team.

He said that MAYBE Favre wasn't the same last year as he once was. That's not  a "I believe he should retire" comment.

Twisting? Selective hearing? Preconceived notions. We'll have none of that around here.

;)  ;)

580362[/snapback]

oh come on... you can tell that i'm irrational by reading my "give jauron a chance" thread. THere is no rational thought here. Brett should retire. There i said it, and so did levy... almost literally, but definitely implied.

Vermeil is probably the best man in NFL history, and could out coach Levy on the worst day of his life. Marv needs to go play shuffleboard, cash his checks, and try not to ruin our team.

580370[/snapback]

You forgot the sarcasm smilie.

Awful quick PC....just get me a good OC and I'll be happy

580357[/snapback]

Maybe Jauron will get his staff in place by tomorrow so they can hold another PC immediately and Ralph can try his Tuesday/Brussels joke again... ;)

Chris Villarial said that with Jauron the Bills are going to be able to bring in some great FAs because he's well-known around the league as a coach players want to work with,

580358[/snapback]

Dick Jauron's training camps are notoriously lax with little contact and lots of walkthroughs and meetings. His teams are woefully unprepared at the start of the season and are not in proper condition.

Players who hate training camp love Dick Jauron. Also, Chris Villarial should be sent out of town on a rail with the rest of that woeful embarrassment of an OL, who cares what he thinks?

What did he say about Shoop?

580300[/snapback]

Did anyone pick up on the question that led to Jauorn reference to John Shoop? Anyone? Details? I missed what was said.

Pray to whatever God you chose that John Shoop never sets foot in Buffalo.

Did anyone pick up on the question that led to Jauorn reference to John Shoop? Anyone? Details? I missed what was said.

580392[/snapback]

He's tanned, he's ready, he's rested! John Shoop was fired after doing a bangup job as the QB coach in Oakland! Look at the excellent seasons had by Kerry Collins and Marques Tuiasasopo under his wise tutelage! John Shoop and Dick Jauron are bestest buddies, you bet your sweet ass that Shoop will be here in some capacity.

580392[/snapback]

All I heard was the tailend of an answer in which DJ said something along the lines of, "If you're asking specifically about John Shoop -- yes."

Guest BackInDaDay

580370[/snapback]

Easy, Bill. He wasn't being disrespectful. His point was that it doesn't take one type of personality to be a very good coach. This was an assist on a question asked Jauron about his rep as a player's coach, and whether that style would work in Buffalo. Marv followed up DJ's answer with his point that it's only important to be respected, that when he started naming pairs like Lombardi/Landrey; Cowher/Dungy; Ditka/Vermeil...

Don't look for reasons to get angry. That's what the pre-season's for! ;)

oh come on...  you can tell that i'm irrational by reading my "give jauron a chance" thread.  THere is no rational thought here.  Brett should retire.  There i said it, and so did levy... almost literally, but definitely implied.

580372[/snapback]

No he didn't, but your opinion of whether Favre is finished is as valid as anyone else's...

As for seriousness or rational thought, note the "winks" at the end of my post.....

580392[/snapback]

I think one of the reports asked DJ along with the other coordinators in buffalo will Shoop also be a consideration and DJ said yes.