Press Conference at 2:30pm Today

Draconator

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not impressed. Jauron just read from the "Head Coaching 101: What to say when you are Hired" script the NFL hands out. Levy did nothing but make excuses why Jauron stunk in Chicago. I knew there would be a bunch of "I like what he had to say" posts. Just a big, fat blah.

Easy, Bill.  He wasn't being disrespectful.  His point was that it doesn't take one type of personality to be a very good coach.  This was an assist on a question asked Jauron about his rep as a player's coach, and whether that style would work in Buffalo.  Marv followed up DJ's answer with his point that it's only important to be respected, that when he started naming pairs like Lombardi/Landrey; Cowher/Dungy; Ditka/Vermeil...

Don't look for reasons to get angry.  That's what the pre-season's for!  ;)

580415[/snapback]

What, only Marv has ever called Vermeil a cryer? As you pointed out, Levy did give respect to all the coaches he mentioned by saying they were all great coaches and that his point was that many different styles can be succesfull. Maybe Bill is having a bad day.

All I heard was the tailend of an answer in which DJ said something along the lines of, "If you're asking specifically about John Shoop -- yes."

580409[/snapback]

The question something along the lines of "Did you learn anything since your time in Chicago about hiring Coordinators, such as Schoop." It was pretty close to that. His answer wasn't really defending Schoop but it also wasn't a ringing endorsement. Typical coachspeak and political correctness.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...all I heard was a reporter asking him if he learned anything in terms of hiring guys like Schoop (which I took it as saying how much of a failure Schoop was) and Jauron said "Yes".

NOTHING about bringing Schoop in, if anything he acknowledged hiring Schoop was a mistake in Chicago.

OH...you mean this guy!!!

no thank you

John Shoop

580428[/snapback]

Message Board

There is much evidence to support the firing of John Shoop. Consider this: Football teams in today's NFL typically script their first 15 plays. The Bears are no exception. Shoop says, “I script the entire thing. I have the first fifteen plays written down to feel out the defense and we’ll do some different personnel groupings. From those fifteen plays, you can find the path that the other team is figuring out. We do a good job of sticking to our game plan.” I'm having a hard time figuring out the path that Shoop is finding out that the other team is figuring out, but we at FireJohnShoop.com have found what appears to be a good first 15 plays.

1. Anthony Thomas up the middle.

2. Lateral to Dez White and hope he doesn't fumble.

3. Wide receiver screen, typically good for half the yards needed for a first down.

4. Punt. Pause here to figure out what the other team is figuring out.

5. Anthony Thomas up the middle.

6. False start.

7. Play action, check down to Anthony Thomas in the back field.

8. Fake a draw. Run a Kordell keeper behind the decoy.

9. Wide receiver screen again, it has to work this time.

10. Punt. Hope Maynard gets off a good one this time.

11. Throw deep to Marty Booker to try to climb out of 14-0 hole.

11. Anthony Thomas up the middle.

12. Fumbleruski.

13. Anthony Thomas up the middle.

14. Punt again.

15. Go deep for a score, but only if there is less than 2 minutes left in the half.

This guy stole MM/TC's playbook!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa...all I heard was a reporter asking him if he learned anything in terms of hiring guys like Schoop (which I took it as saying how much of a failure Schoop was) and Jauron said "Yes". 

NOTHING about bringing Schoop in, if anything he acknowledged hiring Schoop was a mistake in Chicago.

580452[/snapback]

I really hope your right...its hard to hear questions from the press.....

580452[/snapback]

Ah, that's a BIG relief..........

The question something along the lines of "Did you learn anything since your time in Chicago about hiring Coordinators, such as Schoop."  It was pretty close to that.  His answer wasn't really defending Schoop but it also wasn't a ringing endorsement.  Typical coachspeak and political correctness.

580440[/snapback]

Woah! Your post makes it sound like DJ was saying he learned how not to hire a OC from the debacle that was Shoop. Is that accurate? If so , great!

580452[/snapback]

I hope you're right. I am breathing agian...

What, only Marv has ever called Vermeil a cryer? As you pointed out, Levy did give respect to all the coaches he mentioned by saying they were all great coaches and that his point was that many different styles can be succesfull. Maybe Bill is having a bad day.

580431[/snapback]

No, Bill is having a good day. ;)

I am defensive about Vermeil. Do you know much about him? He paid the rent of Leonard Tose after he lost his family, the Eagles, and everything else to compulsive gambling.

The great return man on KC was an abandoned child. He spoke of Mr. and Mrs. Vermeil as the parents that he never had.

I happen to believe that Vermeil is as good a person as there has ever been in the NFL. I liken him to Reggie White. I didn't understand the context in which the statements were made, thus the anger.

Thanks for the correction. ;)

No, Bill is having a good day.  ;)

I am defensive about Vermeil. Do you know much about him? He paid the rent of Leonard Tose after he lost his family, the Eagles, and everything else to compulsive gambling.

The great return man on KC was an abandoned child. He spoke of Mr. and Mrs. Vermeil as the parents that he never had.

I happen to believe that Vermeil is as good a person as there has ever been in the NFL. I liken him to Reggie White. I didn't understand the context in which the statements were made, thus the anger.

Thanks for the correction.  ;)

580467[/snapback]

i'm just interjecting at this point of the argument, so i don't know if it was answered before, but levy was just comparing Ditka, a hard nose no crap coach to vermeil who shows emotion and cries.

No, Bill is having a good day.  ;)

Thanks for the correction.  ;)

580467[/snapback]

Don't worry Bill, there was no criticism whatsoever about Vermiel or any of the other coaches Marv mentioned. He was simply contrasting how different personalities can also be great coaches, thus the comparison of Ditka/Vermeil.

Don't worry Bill, there was no criticism whatsoever about Vermiel or any of the other coaches Marv mentioned.  He was simply contrasting how different personalities can also be great coaches, thus the comparison of Ditka/Vermeil.

580480[/snapback]

Thanks to you and others for the clarification. Imo, men such as Coach Vermeil and Reggie White are what keeps this game together. They are the unsung heros.

Coach V. never told a soul that he was helping out Tose. I think that it came out on a 60 minutes segment, or something of the sort. He is a wonderful man and a great coach. Btw, he was the oldest coach in the NFL last year. ;)

580452[/snapback]

What he said was they are hiring Mike Schopp and the Bulldog as coordinators and Jerry Sullivan as asst. HC. They are, after all, the smartest football minds in town.

PTR