Football fans? Hardly.

I am so sick of this black-and-white, on-and-off, knee-jerk reaction BULL.

Here's how most of the whiners on this board think the interview process should have gone:

Marv: Did you have a winning record?

Sherman: Yep.

Marv: Do you want an H2 or a BMW SUV?

Marv: Did you have a winning record?

Jauron: Um...not really.

Marv: Do you realize you have a piece of spinach in your teeth?

Jauron: Um...spi-nach?

Marv: Goddarn Yalie. Get out of my sight.

There are many NFL head coaches who did poorly for one franchise and went on to great things with another. Ever hear of something called PERSONNEL? Do you really think that Jauron had a prayer of having a winning season in Chicago or Detroit with the players there?

Did Kraft looked at Belichick's W-L record before he hired him? It was 36-44. Belichick was considered a failure as a HC by most. Give Jauron a chance, will ya?

GO BILLS!!

578192[/snapback]

If you don't find the reactionary posts funny or therapeutic then you're probably better served by not reading this board.

If you don't find the reactionary posts funny or therapeutic then you're probably better served by not reading this board.

578205[/snapback]

Oh, it is definitely therapeutic--and funny, too! I think it was watching Soprano's post go over the 80,000 view and 3,000 reply mark that pushed me over the edge. I am really excited that they have a HC--and I can't wait to hear the boyz on NFL Radio breakin' it down tomorrow!

Here's how most of the whiners on this board think the interview process should have gone:

Marv:  Did you have a winning record?

Sherman:  Yep.

Marv:  Do you want an H2 or a BMW SUV?

Jauron:  Um...not really.

Marv:  Do you realize you have a piece of spinach in your teeth?

Jauron:  Um...spi-nach?

Marv:  Goddarn Yalie.  Get out of my sight.

There are many NFL head coaches who did poorly for one franchise and went on to great things with another.  Ever hear of something called PERSONNEL?  Do you really think that Jauron had a prayer of having a winning season in Chicago or Detroit with the players there? 

Did Kraft looked at Belichick's W-L record before he hired him?  It was 36-44.  Belichick was considered a failure as a HC by most.  Give Jauron a chance, will ya? 

GO BILLS!!

578192[/snapback]

I have 4 words 4 all these pessimists! Kiss my hairy buttox!

Now let's see if we can all get behind Dick Jauron like true Bills fans.

Why, I'll bet that within an hour or three there will be nearly 34,000 posts and over 500 replies stating, in so many words, "y'know, maybe he wasn't the dude that I wanted as HC, but I'm a Bills fan so I am going to support my team."

Hahahahahahahahahaha <falling out of chair laughing> hahahahahahahahaha!

Why, I'll bet that within an hour or three there will be nearly 34,000 posts and over 500 replies stating, in so many words, "y'know, maybe he wasn't the dude that I wanted as HC, but I'm a Bills fan so I am going to support my team."

578262[/snapback]

We all know that isnt going to happen...Most Bills fans are turning into Jests fans. Never satisfied and always ready to run someone out of town.

That being said, I'll still be rooting for my Bills...what can I say I've stuck with teams through worse....Chicago White Sox since the early 90's, Sabres since I was introduced to hockey in the 80's, The Bills since I was born (1981), rooting for Dale Earnhardt to lose a race...

578262[/snapback]

I won't support anybody until they prove to me they can win. Not after the last two coaching staffs.

...forgive me, but I live in Oz and it's been 45 degrees Celcius- 3 questions. 1. What's a SUV? 2. Should I be happy that my new coach eats SPINACH? 3. Should i be concerned about my new coach's oral hygiene routine?

:rolleyes:

It's very friggin hot...

BB had a lot more success in his NFL coaching career, even including the Cleveland years, than Jauron's ever had when he was hired by Kraft.

578215[/snapback]

Guys like Wannestedt and Turner have rings from their Dallas days and look what that got them when they went elsewhere. The both sucked hind tit and still do as HC's. I don't give a damn what the guy did previously, all I care about is how the Bills look come September and unless you have a crystal ball, you don't have a clue how Jauron will work out as the HC of the Bills.

Guys like Wannestedt and Turner have rings from their Dallas days and look what that got them when they went elsewhere. The both sucked hind tit and still do as HC's.  I don't give a damn what the guy did previously, all I care about is how the Bills look come September and unless you have a crystal ball, you don't have a clue how Jauron will work out as the HC of the Bills.

578319[/snapback]

Which is why I said what I did. I won't support anyone on this team any more until they prove it to me on the field. No merchandise, tickets, anything until I see a change for the better.

Sherman:  Yep.

Marv:  Do you want an H2 or a BMW SUV?

Jauron:  Um...not really.

Marv:  Do you realize you have a piece of spinach in your teeth?

Jauron:  Um...spi-nach?

Marv:  Goddarn Yalie.  Get out of my sight.

There are many NFL head coaches who did poorly for one franchise and went on to great things with another.  Ever hear of something called PERSONNEL?  Do you really think that Jauron had a prayer of having a winning season in Chicago or Detroit with the players there? 

Did Kraft looked at Belichick's W-L record before he hired him?  It was 36-44.  Belichick was considered a failure as a HC by most.  Give Jauron a chance, will ya? 

GO BILLS!!

578192[/snapback]

It is all about winning.. I hope your excited about this teams lame future

go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I said what I did. I won't support anyone on this team any more until they prove it to me on the field. No merchandise, tickets, anything until I see a change for the better.

578333[/snapback]

I'll tell you what...if it was TD & MM in 2006, I'd be right there with you, but any change for me at this point is a positive one. I'm ready for training camp...who's with me?

I'll tell you what...if it was TD & MM in 2006, I'd be right there with you, but any change for me at this point is a positive one.  I'm ready for training camp...who's with me?

578342[/snapback]

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

Guys like Wannestedt and Turner have rings from their Dallas days and look what that got them when they went elsewhere. The both sucked hind tit and still do as HC's.  I don't give a damn what the guy did previously, all I care about is how the Bills look come September and unless you have a crystal ball, you don't have a clue how Jauron will work out as the HC of the Bills.

578319[/snapback]

No, no crystal ball. But if I have to pick a guy with a losing record as a HC, he damn well better have some other successes on his resume like a couple of SB rings as a coordinator, time spent working with a proven winner like Tuna, etc. Jauron's got one -- count em, one -- good year under his belt and even Bears fans chalk that up as a fluke.

I'm pissed because he's largely an unknown HC quantity. This team, right now at this point in time, needed a proven winner to give the fans some hope after the last five years of disapointment under TD. Dick is definately not going to insipre a parade at OBD next week.

No, no crystal ball.  But if I have to pick a guy with a losing record as a HC, he damn well better have some other successes on his resume like a couple of SB rings as a coordinator, time spent working with a proven winner like Tuna, etc.  Jauron's got one -- count em, one -- good year under his belt and even Bears fans chalk that up as a fluke. 

I'm pissed because he's largely an unknown HC quantity.  This team, right now at this point in time, needed a proven winner to give the fans some hope after the last five years of disapointment under TD.  Dick is definately not going to insipre a parade at OBD next week.

578358[/snapback]

If Sherman was such a no-brainer, why did all the other teams pass him by for guys with no HC experience. There's something more than meets the eye and I wish Soprano 90210 was here to fill in the blanks on why all the HC jobs have been filled and Sherm finds himself without one of them.

I've been a Bills fan since the late '60's.  Old habits die hard.

GO BILLS!!!!!

578355[/snapback]

Yes they do die hard..(been a fan since late 70's) But they do die.. and I'm ready to pull the plug!

And I since the mid 70s. It just takes me longer to learn my lesson. Now they have to prove it to ME, not the other way around.

578361[/snapback]

1965 here. As a five-year old. I had "55" on my Bills helmet. When you start your fan career rooting for a punter and linebacker, THAT'S insanity!

GO BILLS!!!

If Sherman was such a no-brainer, why did all the other teams pass him by for guys with no HC experience.  There's something more than meets the eye and I wish Soprano 90210 was here to fill in the blanks on why all the HC jobs have been filled and Sherm finds himself without one of them.

578364[/snapback]

Something to consider...

"I never lived in another place where family was so important. Family is so important to me: my family that I grew up with, my extended family, the family that I am now raising and the Green Bay Packer family, and this state epitomizes my own values and my own beliefs."

And the Sherman family has expanded recently. Sherman's wife, Karen, volunteers at the Marion House, a group home for teenage parents, and in caring for a little girl, the entire family grew closer to her. They are in the process of adopting Selena, now 3, this fall and now have five children, the oldest in college.

"Those kids are very, very, very important in my life," Sherman said. "The most important. I don't know if I could be a head coach in any other NFL city. My son Matthew walks about a mile over here after school and does his homework, works out and plays basketball. There's no other place that you could do that."

They've moved ten times in the years since he started his college coaching career at Pitt. Maybe he's wondering if he - and the family - are ready for move #11?

Just a thought...

Jauron will not help with ticket sales. It is possible, but unlikely, that some big name free agent signings will. The only thing that matters with the fans, however, is on opening day, Jauron will be a genius if he wins and a moron if he loses, and people will love him or hate him accordingly. And the same thing would happen with Sherman. We don't know. Maybe this is what we need. Maybe his OC will turn out awesome. If he is hired, he's ours and he should be supported until he tanks.

Jauron will not help with ticket sales. It is possible, but unlikely, that some big name free agent signings will. The only thing that matters with the fans, however, is on opening day, Jauron will be a genius if he wins and a moron if he loses, and people will love him or hate him accordingly. And the same thing would happen with Sherman. We don't know. Maybe this is what we need. Maybe his OC will turn out awesome. If he is hired, he's ours and he should be supported until he tanks.

578412[/snapback]

As much as we despised TD at the end, he was a genius for giving us hope with his off-season moves each year. We're off to a poor start in the ML-era so far, IMO.

Terrific attitude, pal.  <_< So everyone and everything sucks until proven great? Frankly, it's a lot more fun the other way. And you're in for a totally crappy nine months.

578423[/snapback]

Perhaps, but at least I won't be let down again. There is only upside in this method.

One thing is certain, Jauron will be successful if he has good players. That's it. end of story. 99% of the head coaches in the NFL will be winners with good players on the roster. Marv got lucky having Polian around and of course Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, Metzellars, Cornelius, Talley, etc..... Even Marv would do diddly squat with the team we had last year. We didn't even have a QB for goddsake? Maybe Marv feels like he can be Bill Polian for Jauron and they can have that great working relationship and family environment that Marv and Bill shared. If Jauron is the guy, give him a chance folks.....Be Bills fans ans stop bad mouthing our own team before you even see results.

If he is hired, he's ours and he should be supported until he tanks.

578412[/snapback]

I normally agree with your posts.. Why should he be supported. He has proven nothing to me. There is nothing in his past that says this guy can lead a team to the Super Bowl. At this point, with the the Bills recent track record of coaches, I do not feel like I should support any coach, especially one who has such a horrible winning record (it is still winning that matters?) I don't feel I owe it to the Bills to even support them. If I did not live and die Buffalo Bills I would walk away and never watch another heart breaking out coached loss again.

I just don't see why I need to be all happy and excited, when I don't see anything to even be positive about. At least Sherman has a great record. I could get excited about that.