The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes! Didn't see that one coming.

Nice shell-game going on with AI. I don't think the people they trot out for the bottom three is legit. Two weeks in a row now, they've stuck someone in there to shock the audience into voting. Last week McFunbags, this week Paris.

I don't know how Bucky is doing it. This guy has had to re-book his flight home three weeks in a row. I'm really starting to pull for him, which means the producers will whack him regardless of how many actual votes he gets.

Going into this year they fed us a crap line about how this was the most talented group ever. Two weeks in a row and they've all hit bottom. They're losing the audience. Queen night? Jesus.

Mandisa leaving is bizzarre, and I'm going to have to call my wife's hairdresser to get the info on why the "happy" crowd bailed on her. Something's a-foot.

Mandisa deserved to go. I was at work so I didn't watch, but there was a TV on in the room next to mine, so I was hearing bits and pieces. I didn't pay much attention, but I did hear Mandisa, and holy crap she was horrible! She sounded like a hurt dog.

I'm not sure what happened to these guys. They haven't been getting great song choices, but they have all gone down hill.

And I honestly think Taylor is TRYING to get booted. You don't just change your entire attitude that quickly for no reason. His CD sales probably went throught the roof and he thinks he can do better on his own at this point (duh).

I'll take a stab at what they'll sing next week:

Ace: Somebody To Love

Bucky: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Chris: I Want It All

Elliott: Who Wants To Live Forever

Katherine: Friends Will Be Friends

Kellie: You're My Best Friend

Paris: Play The Game

Taylor: Radio Ga Ga, although I'd like to see him go totally spazz singing

I'm Going Slightly Mad

Holy Schmoley........Bucky actually sounded good.  :P

659471[/snapback]

Kelly sure as hell didn't......that was one of the WORST performances I've ever seen......how the HELL can they be saying she did well???? She took one of the greatest songs ever and totally embarrassed herself.....wtf are people watching???

Chris Daughtry is totally freaking awesome.

659486[/snapback]

Yeah he is.....I really enjoyed his and Taylor's performance tonight. Paris is up next, but I've really soured on her since the auditions.

Kelly sure as hell didn't......that was one of the WORST performances I've ever seen......how the HELL can they be saying she did well????  She took one of the greatest songs ever and totally embarrassed herself.....wtf are people watching???

659481[/snapback]

I thought they were all doing Queen stuff tonight. Unless she went off the program, how could she have possibly have sung one of the "greatest songs ever". I'm trying to think of a song by Queen that doesn't totally annoy me. No luck so far.

I thought they were all doing Queen stuff tonight.  Unless she went off the program, how could she have possibly have sung one of the "greatest songs ever".  I'm trying to think of a song by Queen that doesn't totally annoy me.  No luck so far.

659550[/snapback]

ha ha :P

Bottom 3:

Ace, Taylor, Elliott.  I think Taylor had the worst vocals of all, not to mention his spaz attack.  Just terrible.  And I knew before Simon spoke he was going to call Ace's performance a "mess."  Looks like Bucky escapes at least one more week...

659553[/snapback]

Really??? So you think Kelly was better than Taylor???

Kelly sure as hell didn't......that was one of the WORST performances I've ever seen......how the HELL can they be saying she did well????  She took one of the greatest songs ever and totally embarrassed herself.....wtf are people watching???

659481[/snapback]

I think Chris would have done a fine job with that song. :P Kelly was really bad.