The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell is Travis?  If you meant Taylor, you are probably right.  Kelly or Elliot should be booking a flight home.  Sucked!

665186[/snapback]

Sorry man, it was late :D I was thinking football....Travis Taylor :ph34r:

Excellent work, Johnny. Could be your best review ever. Hilarious -- dare I say -- serendipitous!  :ph34r:

665417[/snapback]

I agree.....he had me at 'Devourer of Worlds', lmao :D

Travis, Taylor, Tard... doesn't really matter.

"SOOOOUL PATROL!" :ph34r:

665530[/snapback]

:D Did you see the SNL skit they were talking about? It was pretty funny.....not LOL funny, but enough to make it fun to watch :lol:

:ph34r:   Did you see the SNL skit they were talking about? It was pretty funny.....not LOL funny, but enough to make it fun to watch :lol:

665564[/snapback]

Yeah... they should've just put Spazz on in-person & have him go nuts,

that could've been LOL funny. :D

Yeah... they should've just put Spazz on in-person & have him go nuts,

that could've been LOL funny. :D

665598[/snapback]

:lol: Actually that would have been hilarious to just bring out the real guy.....or else have both of them trying to out-spazz the other :ph34r:

Unbelievable!!!

It finally happened!!!

Ace is gone!

All I can say is, what took so long?

To be fair, last night was one of the better shows of American Idol I've ever seen.

I do'nt know how Paris & Chris ended up in the bottom 3, but that's how the show goes.

My Standings:

1.Katharine

2.Chris

3.Taylor

4.Paris

5.Kellie

6.Elliott

Now things will get very interesting in this show.

Ace is finally out of our living rooms. He should have been toasted a week earlier for the train-wreck that was “We will rock you”, but all is right with the cosmos now. I never liked Ace Young, as I didn’t think he could sing worth a damn and the entertainment business is already maxed out with untalented pretty-boys. Clearly the ladies fell for his pouting, gazing and hair-toss routine, and they kept him around long after he should have gone home. This was probably the only time in his short life that he has tasted defeat, because guys like Ace Young will always go farther than guys like Bucky Covington or Kevin Covais, just on looks alone. But now he’s gone…free to pursue the inevitable modeling gig he was born for. His face may be off our TV sets, but it will be cruising by us on the sides of buses and hanging in the windows at the mall.

As for the “bottom three” sham, once again we find the producers of AI sticking a safe contestant in the bottom just to scare up voter volume for the following week. There is no way Chris was anywhere near the second-lowest vote total this week. Shameless, yet effective. They will need all the help they can get next week, because trotting out Andrea Bocelli doesn’t exactly scream must-see TV unless you are a fan of opera or classical pop…and I’m guessing most of the fans of this show ain’t gonna get what the big deal is.

Last note, what the hell is Andrea Bocelli doing on AI? Is this some kind of community service thing for an unpublicized run-in with the law? I’ve done some digging, but all I could find was that he won two World Booger awards in 2002, whatever-the-hell that means. I am a little intrigued. We shall see.

It’s down to six….

By God, you're right.....he won some Boogers.....lol

I am fascinated by the idea of having him on AI. My favorite instrument is the human voice....and he has one of the world's finest. I think it's great that the AI audience will have a chance to see what he's all about, and it'll be fun to see what the top 6 end up performing.

Hopefully this time Ryan won't ask him what he thought when he first 'saw' the contestants <_<

By God, you're right.....he won some Boogers.....lol

I am fascinated by the idea of having him on AI. My favorite instrument is the human voice....and he has one of the world's finest. I think it's great that the AI audience will have a chance to see what he's all about, and it'll be fun to see what the top 6 end up performing.

Hopefully this time Ryan won't ask him what he thought when he first 'saw' the contestants   :lol:

666085[/snapback]

AJ remeber that song he sang with Sarah Brightman they used to play on the Sopranos several years back?

Aren't most of Andrea Bocelli's songs in Italian? For the first time I'm ticked that Bucky is gone - watching the car painter sing in Italian with a heavy North Carolina accent would have been awesome! Guess I'll have to settle for Pickler whose only experience with Italian culture is Elio's frozen pizza and Chef Boyardee min ravioli...

AJ remeber that song he sang with Sarah Brightman they used to play on the Sopranos several years back?

666347[/snapback]

The one I know with Sarah Brightman is "Time to Say Goodbye"......if that's the one you're referring to, I think it's absolutely beautiful. I want to say it's from some musical that I haven't seen, but I don't remember which. I tell you, ever since I dated a girl who was a classically trained opera singer, I've just been mezmerized by good vocals ever since. Even though it was not my particular style of music, there were no microphones when I would watch her perform. Just voices and instruments as they were meant to be heard. The richness of the strings....the impact of the percussion.....just awesome. I saw 'Phantom' in Toronto in 1994, and although that was a bit different in that they DID use microphones, their voices were just incredible. Peter Carrie played the Phantom, and had just taken over for Colm Wilkerson. He did a great job. I don't recall the girl who played Christine, but she wasn't quite as good as Sarah Brightman or the young girl who played in the film.

I know it won't be a popular choice, but I'm really psyched to have Bocelli on the show :lol:

The one I know with Sarah Brightman is "Time to Say Goodbye"......if that's the one you're referring to, I think it's absolutely beautiful. I want to say it's from some musical that I haven't seen, but I don't remember which. I tell you, ever since I dated a girl who was a classically trained opera singer, I've just been mezmerized by good vocals ever since. Even though it was not my particular style of music, there were no microphones when I would watch her perform. Just voices and instruments as they were meant to be heard. The richness of the strings....the impact of the percussion.....just awesome. I saw 'Phantom' in Toronto in 1994, and although that was a bit different in that they DID use microphones, their voices were just incredible. Peter Carrie played the Phantom, and had just taken over for Colm Wilkerson. He did a great job. I don't recall the girl who played Christine, but she wasn't quite as good as Sarah Brightman or the young girl who played in the film.

I know it won't be a popular choice, but I'm really psyched to have Bocelli on the show :lol:

666457[/snapback]

Fun bags and a nice nose wins. It's TV.

Aren't most of Andrea Bocelli's songs in Italian? For the first time I'm ticked that Bucky is gone - watching the car painter sing in Italian with a heavy North Carolina accent would have been awesome! Guess I'll have to settle for Pickler whose only experience with Italian culture is Elio's frozen pizza and Chef Boyardee min ravioli...

666398[/snapback]

That's OK, Spazz will sing "O Solo Mio"! :lol:

Fun bags and a nice nose wins. It's TV.

666500[/snapback]

What does that have to do with my post? lol You just making random statements about the show now? :lol:

666457[/snapback]

Thats it. I love that song too. That kind of music must sound great on your high falutin stereo system.

Anybody but Daughtry & McFunbags as the final two would be a letdown.

BTW...I am the only one who feels that the theme nights suck this year? Kenny Rogers, Rod Stewart(singing old songs), Bocelli, Barry Manilow? Pick up the tempo and give Spaz something to get excited about...

50's night(The Twist)

Beatles night(Helter Skelter)

Stones night(Jumpin' Jack Flash)

Buddy Holly night(Rave On)

Now Spaz doing these songs would be "must see TV".

:lol: