The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

Yeah, I think Brenna will be around a while too....she's cool and not hard on the eyes, but she's not all that talented. I definitely agree with Stevie going home, though....at first I thought she was just starting off the song in the fellatio voice as a lead-in to a big, powerful finish....never happened. She's pretty damn hot, though :w00t:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't win because he won't get the teenage girl votes.  He is very talented.  Has kind of a Joe Cocker, Ray Charles thing going on.  Plays a mean harmonica, apparently can play the guitar.  He may not win idol but he'll probably build a pretty solid fan base.  I just ordered his cd and it was back ordered for a few weeks.  Unfortunately for him, 40 year old, male, blues fans don't vote on Idol.

608831[/snapback]

That's partly why I love this show....do you honestly think any of us would have heard of this guy w/out him being a contestant?? I sure don't....Hell, I like him enough that I'd go out and drop ten bucks on his CD right now.

Probably won't win because he won't get the teenage girl votes.  He is very talented.  Has kind of a Joe Cocker, Ray Charles thing going on.  Plays a mean harmonica, apparently can play the guitar.  He may not win idol but he'll probably build a pretty solid fan base.  I just ordered his cd and it was back ordered for a few weeks.  Unfortunately for him, 40 year old, male, blues fans don't vote on Idol.

608831[/snapback]

Where did you order his CD from? I googled his name and no luck

Where did you order his CD from? I googled his name and no luck

609165[/snapback]

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/hicks_taylor.html

Seems like an independent release. I wonder what the rule is for Idol. My guess is you are ineligible if you ever signed with another label. I have a feeling this cd will be a " I had it before his career took off" type of thing. Enjoy.

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/hicks_taylor.html

Seems like an independent release.  I wonder what the rule is for Idol.  My guess is you are ineligible if you ever signed with another label.  I have a feeling this cd will be a " I had it before his career took off" type of thing.  Enjoy.

609182[/snapback]

That's awesome that they're selling, lol.....Overall I was pretty disappointed with the performances tonight, but Taylor brought it man....he's awesome.

Do you guys have any idea about that song they talked about in the very beginning of the show? I think they said the name of it was 'If', and it was sung during Hollywood week by the guy who sang first tonight.....Patrick?

That's awesome that they're selling, lol.....Overall I was pretty disappointed with the performances tonight, but Taylor brought it man....he's awesome.

609187[/snapback]

Yeah, Taylor was awesome, the bald dude rocked and the guy with the messed up teeth who sand Stevie Wonder was pretty good. Not sure about that "If" song you asked about in your other post, sorry. I'm hoping for Taylor Hiska and Katharine McPhee as the final 2. They're my favorites so far...

Do you guys have any idea about that song they talked about in the very beginning of the show? I think they said the name of it was 'If', and it was sung during Hollywood week by the guy who sang first tonight.....Patrick?

609188[/snapback]

Sorry, missed the beginning of the show. How did the first two guys do?

I'm hoping for Taylor Hiska and Katharine McPhee as the final 2.  They're my favorites so far...

609218[/snapback]

McPhee is the only reason I tune in. She's got the complete package. If she learns to loosen up on stage a bit, she should take the top prize.

Everyone else can have their little plastic ice bunnies. I'll take McPhee 10 times out 10.

It's good to have Taylor on the show. It gives those who would actually like to hear good music something to show up for. It will suck seeing him go.

609188[/snapback]

Maybe they were talking about that song from the 70's by Bread ... If a picture paints a thousand words....

Who's going to win the ratings war tonight at 8PM...

Idol v. Survivor v. Dancing w/the Stars v. Olympics??

609551[/snapback]

Idol will crush the competition as usual (see Grammys)...

ABC was smart enough to put a repeat Lost on yesterday. :D

Maybe they were talking about that song from the 70's by Bread ... If a picture paints a thousand words....

609622[/snapback]

Is that kind of like a ballad-type of song? I just heard them saying what a beautiful song it was, and I thought they said it was called 'If'.....but I can't find any friggin song just called "if'.....lol

Because Sasha Cohen goes for the gold tonight? :devil:  I think the Olympics will still finish 4th among the programs listed.

609860[/snapback]

Since the event took place in the afternoon & most people know the results by now, I doubt there will be much of an audience. Too bad they can't show the events live-how do they expect people to watch events that took place 6 hours earlier?

Gone predictions: Stevie Scott, Brenna Gethers (Middle America hates that NYC attitude stuff) , Bobby Bennett & Jose "Sway" Penala. Gone Savers: Becky O'Donohue (best looking-but can't sing-looks probably get her a week reprieve), David Radford (if the public bought that awful falcetto that "Swish", I mean "Sway" was selling)

Is that kind of like a ballad-type of song? I just heard them saying what a beautiful song it was, and I thought they said it was called 'If'.....but I can't find any friggin song just called "if'.....lol

609777[/snapback]

I'd sing it to ya but I don't think you could hear me from way over here. :devil: Here is a link to the lyrics though if it would help. IF :lol:

I'd sing it to ya but I don't think you could hear me from way over here.  :devil:  Here is a link to the lyrics though if it would help.  IF  :lol:

610021[/snapback]

I didn't see the show, but that is not an easy song to sing. Ballads are sort of a lost art. Unless you are under 18 and consider rap ballads.