Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't watch any of the previous Idol's, and not gonna watch this one either

571554[/snapback]

I figured it wouldn't take long for this kind of comment :huh:

From the first guy with the sweaty armpits right through Crazy Dave it was a great way to kick off the new season.  The guiltiest of pleasures is back baby.  :huh:

571873[/snapback]

Damn skippy! I know there are a lot of people who don't get into the show, but think about it......Throughout the course of the show, somone who right now is only 'known' by maybe their church, family/friends, or maybe a small town, will end up a MILLIONAIRE celebrity. Hell, most seasons it's happened to more than one of them. To me that's just fascinating. Look at Kelly Clarkson.....how many hits has she had on the radio? How many times have you seen her perform at some big event? She's a multi-millionaire because of AI! Look at Clay Aiken.....he was a total GEEK who taught school. Now he's a millionaire and a celebrity with a successful recording career. I think people just lose sight of how amazing this really is.....I can't help but be totally into it, guilty pleasure or not! 0:)

Damn skippy!  I know there are a lot of people who don't get into the show, but think about it......Throughout the course of the show, somone who right now is only 'known' by maybe their church, family/friends, or maybe a small town, will end up a MILLIONAIRE celebrity.  Hell, most seasons it's happened to more than one of them. To me that's just fascinating. Look at Kelly Clarkson.....how many hits has she had on the radio? How many times have you seen her perform at some big event? She's a multi-millionaire because of AI!  Look at Clay Aiken.....he was a total GEEK who taught school. Now he's a millionaire and a celebrity with a successful recording career. I think people just lose sight of how amazing this really is.....I can't help but be totally into it, guilty pleasure or not! :huh:

571914[/snapback]

Right on!

Next week has to be Austin, part of what they showed tonight was from UT Ausitn. :-)

571907[/snapback]

It's on again tomorrow night at 8! (only 1 hour though)

Since I will be in a bar outside Madison Square Garden waiting for the Stones to hit the stage 0:) , I shall have to record it...might even record Lost too! :huh:

:(  He was one of my favorites.  I also got a kick out of the air-headed girl...the suntan one.  Don't think she was all there.  0:)  :huh:

571947[/snapback]

I loved it when Simon brought her mom in so she could hear her daughter get slammed! :huh:

It's on again tomorrow night at 8! (only 1 hour though)

Since I will be in a bar outside Madison Square Garden waiting for the Stones to hit the stage :w00t: , I shall have to record it...might even record Lost too! :blink:

571970[/snapback]

Lucky BASTARD lol

Did Simon (who I like) really have to tell that guy to shave, wear a dress and become a female impersonater? I understand that these people understand that they run the risk of getting laid out by the judges but I really thought that this fell off the cruel scale.

Did Simon (who I like) really have to tell that guy to shave, wear a dress and become a female impersonater?  I understand that these people understand that they run the risk of getting laid out by the judges but I really thought that this fell off the cruel scale.

572423[/snapback]

Yeah, i thought he was a little too cruel at times.

the Paris Hilton wannabe was by far the funniest part of the show... Simon had to tell her to talk about her tan three times before she knew what he was saying... and even then she was clueless. Bringing her mom in was classic.

People like that amaze me and confirm that American society is continuing it's downward spiral. (further proof is in the pics of the 'hottie' boys from another thread)

AI...must see TV. I can't remember who it was, but there was one person that didn't get two notes out of their mouth before Simon said to stop.

Also, what was up with the one young blonde going off with the F bombs and giving the camera the finger. :doh:

The good(or bad) news of the night was Paula looked sober. :doh:

Great Great TV!!!! :doh:

Thanks!  The look on his face was priceless as he stared at Simon while heading for the door. :doh:

572580[/snapback]

The first two notes werent even that bad. OTOH I thought crazy Dave was a mess, voice, and leaps alike. weird....

Ok, I don't watch this nonsense and hopefully never will, but a friend of mine was watching it last night and recognized one of the terrible singers who got booted as a NYC stripper that he knows. She had told him a few months back that she was trying out for the show, and there she was last night on TV!