The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

"I don't mean to be rude, but..." :doh:  :devil:  :D

583808[/snapback]

lmao....could you imagine the show w/out him? Hopefully Fox pays him whatever the hell he wants, cause he IS the show.

On a more serious note, that hick blonde chick whose father was in jail broke my heart when she started crying like that...what a sweetheart....not to mention a total hottie.....I think I'm pulling for her and crazy Dave to win it all! :lol:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note, that hick blonde chick whose father was in jail broke my heart when she started crying like that...what a sweetheart....not to mention a total hottie.....I think I'm pulling for her and crazy Dave to win it all! :devil:

583820[/snapback]

She and Paris are my favorites already. :doh:

lmao....could you imagine the show w/out him? Hopefully Fox pays him whatever the hell he wants, cause he IS the show.

583820[/snapback]

Actually, Simon almost didn't come back this year.

Cowell was sued by Pop Idol co-creator Simon Fuller in 2005 over The X Factor, saying it was too much a copy of Pop Idol, but after a while they settled out of court. The lawsuit threatened to block Cowell from appearing for the fifth season of American Idol, as Cowell's old contract had expired and he was negotiating a new contract at the time. Upon the settlement, Cowell signed a new five-season American Idol agreement with Fox Broadcasting Company.

Good thing, cause

NO SIMON = NO WATCH

He doesn't need the money, that's for sure:

In June 2003, Cowell sold his half-share in S Records for US$42 million  :doh: to BMG, thus becoming a multi-millionaire.

Randy can come up with a good line every now & then too.

"I quite liked the dummy." :devil:

On a more serious note, that hick blonde chick whose father was in jail broke my heart when she started crying like that...what a sweetheart....not to mention a total hottie.....I think I'm pulling for her and crazy Dave to win it all! :lol:

583820[/snapback]

She may indeed get the white trash - Bo Bice vote, but she's no Crazy Dave. :D

She and Paris are my favorites already.  :doh:

583832[/snapback]

Heck yeah, Paris was amazing....I have a few Billie Holliday cuts on CD that I listened to earlier this morning....just awesome.

Actually, Simon almost didn't come back this year.

Good thing, cause

NO SIMON = NO WATCH

He doesn't need the money, that's for sure:

Randy can come up with a good line every now & then too.

"I quite liked the dummy." :doh:

She may indeed get the white trash - Bo Bice vote, but she's no Crazy Dave. :devil:

583848[/snapback]

Whoa, I didn't realize that....I agree, if Simon's not there, neither am I. I love the idea of this show taking a rough unknown and turning him or her into a star, but Simon is what makes a 2hr show feel like 30 mins.

And yeah, Crazy Dave is in a league of his own....he's gotta be the front runner :D

On a more serious note, that hick blonde chick whose father was in jail broke my heart when she started crying like that...what a sweetheart....not to mention a total hottie.....I think I'm pulling for her and crazy Dave to win it all! :doh:

583820[/snapback]

The "Pick Pickler" girl? Yeah, she was incredibly cute.

The "Pick Pickler" girl?  Yeah, she was incredibly cute.

583912[/snapback]

Yep, that's the one. Completely adorable!

As for tonight, I would have put that Happy Hawaiian blonde chick through.....she was a hottie.

Yep, that's the one. Completely adorable! 

As for tonight, I would have put that Happy Hawaiian blonde chick through.....she was a hottie.

583985[/snapback]

What about the one with the massive mole under her mouth? When she turned sideways, it looked like she had a 3rd nipple ... on her face. B-)

What about the one with the massive mole under her mouth? When she turned sideways, it looked like she had a 3rd nipple ... on her face. B-)

584024[/snapback]

LOL, dang, I do remember a chick with the mole (mole-e, mole-e, mole-e :w00t: ) but I can't remember which one it was now.....I know that one hot chick with the blue hair had some herps on her upper lip that she was trying to cover up with the make-up.....is that who it was?

I hope Simon doses up on the Midol before next show.....

LOL, dang, I do remember a chick with the mole (mole-e, mole-e, mole-e  B-)  ) but I can't remember which one it was now

584054[/snapback]

She was either Asian or Hawaiian or Samoan :w00t: , don't know...she looked pretty good except for that nasty mole. :(

I know that one hot chick with the blue hair had some herps on her upper lip that she was trying to cover up with the make-up.....is that who it was?

I hope Simon doses up on the Midol before next show.....

584054[/snapback]

:lol:

Okay, same chick then....lol Herpes aside, she was pretty sexy B-) I'm a sucker for the exotic chicks.....preferably the ones sans STD!

cute beagle puppy in your av

i've got 2 beagles also...one looks just like the one in your av

583890[/snapback]

Thanks! I actually don't own a beagle but they are very cute. I'm more of a poodle fan. They are very smart dogs. I can't seem to find a good pic of a poodle anywhere though. B-)

On a more serious note, that hick blonde chick whose father was in jail broke my heart when she started crying like that...what a sweetheart....not to mention a total hottie.....I think I'm pulling for her and crazy Dave to win it all! B-)

583820[/snapback]

Yeah, that was really sweet. It seems like the people who do really well in the auditions are the ones that have come from a rough up-bringing or who have had many challeges in their life or whatever. Through these challeges they've faced they seem to know what it takes to win and it shows in the audition.

Guys - I am a few days behind you - I get to watch on a Friday night!  Me and the Wife are hooked. We'll not be going out on a friday for months now!! American Idol really rocks.

584258[/snapback]

So Nick, do you get to see American Idol and the one that is produced for England/Britain, too?

You know, I'm not one to bash GW, but WTF is this State of the Union BS tonight right in the middle of American Idol? 0:)

I hope Fox does the right thing & shows Idol uninterupted. :doh:

Never mind, only 1 hour tonight. :lol:

Edited by Rico

You know, I'm not one to bash GW, but WTF is this State of the Union BS tonight right in the middle of American Idol? 0:) 

I hope Fox does the right thing & shows Idol uninterupted. :lol:

Never mind, only 1 hour tonight. :D

589956[/snapback]

Didn't stojan get reamed for making this exact same comment last year (I think it was Survivor or some other reality show, though)? :doh:

Didn't stojan get reamed for making this exact same comment last year (I think it was Survivor or some other reality show, though)?  :doh:

590000[/snapback]

He sure did...quite a pounding if IIRC.

I don't see why though. Why bother listening to the President speak for an hour once a year. "Reality" shows are too important to miss. Besides, Jon Stewart can tell me what to think. 0:)

I don't see why though.  Why bother listening to the President speak for an hour once a year.  "Reality" shows are too important to miss. 

590008[/snapback]

I agree. 0:):doh::lol:

I'll read GW's comments on Drudge or Yahoo News later tonight or tomorrow...

at least the headlines anyway. :D

I agree. 0:):doh:  :lol: 

I'll read GW's comments on Drudge or Yahoo News later tonight or tomorrow...

at least the headlines anyway. :D

590040[/snapback]

Yep, I'm the same way. I don't like my news to be 'forced' on me.....I'd rather be able to see another hour of AI and read about the Bushmaster in da mornin :D

i had the misfortune of getting stuck watching some Idol tonite.  I could feel my IQ eroding

590494[/snapback]

I have to admit the show really wasn't that good tonight

The dude with the gray hair could sing, man. Even Randy thought he sounded liek a white Ray Charles.

590677[/snapback]

That's true, I was impressed with that guy. I think I was kinda hoping there would be a few more talented folks to offset the constant barrage of losers, but from what they said at the end there really weren't that many from Vegas who made it. That's the only time the show can get on my nerves is when they don't balance it out with some talent. I did think that little belly dancing chick was an absolute cutie.... 0:)

It's from ATX tonight woot.

591418[/snapback]

Looks like it will be better than Vegas!

Once again though, I shall have to record & watch it tomorrow, as the Stones are playing downtown tonight. Smallest venue on the tour, last show before the Super Bowl appearance, first time in Baltimore since 1969, 10th row floor, WOOHOO!!! :doh:

Hey ajzepp, they're in Atlanta a week from tonight... good seats will drop on TM! :lol:

Looks like it will be better than Vegas!

Once again though, I shall have to record & watch it tomorrow, as the Stones are playing downtown tonight. Smallest venue on the tour, last show before the Super Bowl appearance, first time in Baltimore since 1969, 10th row floor, WOOHOO!!! :doh:

Hey ajzepp, they're in Atlanta a week from tonight... good seats will drop on TM! :lol:

591553[/snapback]

sh--, I wish I had been paying attention to that....where will they be? Phillips Arena? If I wasn't in the middle of switching jobs I'd try and go......fug

I really want to see them before they die LOL

Damn....I'm gonna have to see if I can pull this off....I don't start my new job until 2/13.....hmnmm

591574[/snapback]

You've got time, good seats will drop the day of show. Tonight's the last show before the SB, Atlanta the 1st show after. I predict the SB appearance will be a disaster :lol: , but both of these shows will be red-hot: one to get ready, & one to recover. :doh:

You've got time, good seats will drop the day of show. Tonight's the last show before the SB, Atlanta the 1st show after. I predict the SB appearance will be a disaster :lol: , but both of these shows will be red-hot: one to get ready, & one to recover. :doh:

591584[/snapback]

lol, good thinking 0:) Okay, I'm definitely going to see what I can do.....this would be a blast. Wouldn't compare to going to a show back in Philly or NYC, but it'll do :lol:

I just want to say, if anyone thinks that Austin cannot be that jackass...

Oh yes, that was a fair representation of Austin.  Maybe a little less weirdness on the show then actually exists though.

591741[/snapback]

I was kinda surprised that the girls weren't hotter, actually. There were a few, but not barrage of hotness that I expected :doh:

I was kinda surprised that the girls weren't hotter, actually. There were a few, but not barrage of hotness that I expected :huh:

591875[/snapback]

Yeah, but then again not many people from UT actually tried out for American Idol according to the local papers.

Most of the UT people just didn't care. Notice that you didn't see one person say they went to UT last night, and there were a ton of out of towners.

Yeah, but then again not many people from UT actually tried out for American Idol according to the local papers.

Most of the UT people just didn't care.  Notice that you didn't see one person say they went to UT last night, and there were a ton of out of towners.

592547[/snapback]

I think the only ones that they said were from UT were the ones dressed up in the zombie diggs LOL

I think the only ones that they said were from UT were the ones dressed up in the zombie diggs LOL

592550[/snapback]

lol yeah, I forget what group on campus did that, but they made the Austin paper like 5 months ago when they were filming it. I was hoping to see them on TV> :lol: