David Spade's Capital One Commercials

Rico

Just once, I would like to see David Spade get his ass kicked in instead of Chubbsie.

:blink:  :)

569969[/snapback]

Shows I watch too much TV, but "Chubbsie" is also the guy unzipping himself from the tackling dummy after practice (Raiders I believe). He grabs a few jersies and then limps off screen. Get the gear the pros wear...

Shows I watch too much TV, but "Chubbsie" is also the guy unzipping himself from the tackling dummy after practice (Raiders I believe).  He grabs a few jersies and then limps off screen.  Get the gear the pros wear...

569985[/snapback]

No...IIRC, it's the Cowboys.

Mike

Right. The guy who rents a Cadillac for his HS reunion. Let's pretend to be successful!

570101[/snapback]

He was also in a commercial for a supermarket chain down in Texas called HEB.

Screw it, though. If they made those Capital One commercials into a sitcom starring Spade and Chubsie, I'd watch it at least once. They could call it "In the 'No'" or something like that. Spade and Chubsie are always telling callers 'No' but inexplicably are drawn into the lives of their callers, with increasingly wacky results. And just like every sitcom these days, Chubsie can have a girlfriend or wife WAY too hot for an overweight guy. Other characters in the "No" office will include a hot but ditsy blonde girl, a hot but jaded brunette girl, and a gay guy who always has smart-alecky 'zingers' to say about Spade and Chubsie. Oh, and a pompous boss character, possibly from another country.

In the 'No'

Coming Fall 2006 to NBC Must-See TV

He was also in a commercial for a supermarket chain down in Texas called HEB.

Screw it, though.  If they made those Capital One commercials into a sitcom starring Spade and Chubsie, I'd watch it at least once.  They could call it "In the 'No'" or something like that.  Spade and Chubsie are always telling callers 'No' but inexplicably are drawn into the lives of their callers, with increasingly wacky results.  And just like every sitcom these days, Chubsie can have a girlfriend or wife WAY too hot for an overweight guy.  Other characters in the "No" office will include a hot but ditsy blonde girl, a hot but jaded brunette girl, and a gay guy who always has smart-alecky 'zingers' to say about Spade and Chubsie.  Oh, and a pompous boss character, possibly from another country.

In the 'No'

Coming Fall 2006 to NBC Must-See TV

570128[/snapback]

Boy, you've got the creative juices flowing tonight! First 24 and now 'In the No'

I'm setting my TIVO right now...

He is also the guy who plays the college student the parents are picking up.  I think it was a cereal commerical?... The parents ditch him along side the road when he states he can't wait to eat all of the ceral when he gets home.

I forget the name of the product.

570499[/snapback]

IIRC, it was Kelogg's Corn Pops.

Funny, but the other night I was thinking that the two of them seemed kind of funny together and wondered if anyone had thought to pair them up in a David Spade-Chris Farley kind of movie. The Chubbsie guy has a kind of low key fat guy charm that might work even better than the Spade=Farley combination.

He's also "Moose" in the Enterprise Rent a Car commercials.

570084[/snapback]

Not to go too far off the intense topic at hand, but am I the only one who wishes Enterprise would stop with their current commercials? I mean, I can understand that it's a good idea to rent a car when you're going to your reunion so all the hot chicks will think you're cool when you pull up in your Kia Sephia.

But then they have the guy and his wife going to an Eagles game, and the guy asking his wife "Enterprise Rent-a-Car for the game?" You're not going to drive your own freakin' car to the game? You need to rent one? And if you're going to have that guy in your ads, then at the end of the commercial, have him slow down when he pulls out the foam finger and says "Thenhaahcumdaydoanhabwonnadeeese?"

And my all time favorite: the couple getting off a plane. The guy acts all surprised when he asks "Enterprise Rent-a-Car at the airport?"

Holy crap! What an ingenious idea! Put a car rental place AT THE AIRPORT! Why didn't someone ELSE think of this. Enterprise is simply incredibly forward-thinking.

Yo. Enterprise. We know a good portion of America is stupid. But please don't rub our faces in it, okay?