half dozen "FOR SALE" signs on your lawn

bluenews

If it is true then he needs to grow a set.....its not like they were throwing molotov cocktails through his window

566313[/snapback]

Right. He has two kids. Do you think they might have been a bit anxious knowing there were intruders at their home every night?

If true, the people putting up signs under the cover of darkness are the ones that need to "grow a set" and do it in the daylight.

Mike Malarkey finally had enough!!!!  I don't blame him.

566249[/snapback]

Your right, he made the correct move for him. He was having Levy jammed down his throat and people around the league knew that, thus, rightfully so, nobody was interested in tying their boat to Malurkey's dock. One wrong move in this next season and he would have been gone anyways.

What should have happened was to can Malurkey along with TD. However, cheapo Wilson did probably save himself $2 mil. with the resignation. The old man is a smart SOB when it comes to money!

there are some seriously tasteless b*stards in Buffalo

566494[/snapback]

Hey pal, you may wanna go check out some of the pinball and t shirt joints at the north end of the beech. You wont have to worry about tasteless bastards , it's just F'n scary there.

Your right, he made the correct move for him. He was having Levy jammed down his throat and people around the league knew that, thus, rightfully so, nobody was interested in tying their boat to Malurkey's dock. One wrong move in this next season and he would have been gone anyways.

What should have happened was to can Malurkey along with TD. However, cheapo Wilson did probably save himself $2 mil. with the resignation. The old man is a smart SOB when it comes to money!

566368[/snapback]

...And keeping the team in WNY.

Oh please....

Do you know this is very popular down here in the South? Clemson head football coach Tommy Bowden has For Sale signs on his lawn almost every year and laughs it off. WHY? Because he knew when he took the job Clemson fans are nuts - very passionate about their team. It's easy to walk away and quit when things don't go your way. Every year, Clemson has had horrible losses and great wins. But Bowden stays the course. My Mother-in-law lives in Clemson and sees it the Sunday after a bad loss.

"CLEMSON -- Typically accompanied by heartache for fans, heartburn for administrators and hot seats for coaches, seven-win seasons don't usually go over too well in Clemson.

Back-to-back 7-5 records in 1996 and 1997 put Tommy West on feeble footing in 1998, his final year as the Tigers' head coach. Tommy Bowden won seven games in 2001 and 2002, and only a dramatic revival late in 2003 kept him from getting run out of town.

So on the surface, it might be difficult to resolve the optimism that surrounded Clemson's program with one game left in Bowden's seventh season. The Tigers were 7-4, one of the losses having come against Wake Forest, but fans didn't clamor for the return of Danny Ford. They didn't rush to jab "For Sale" signs in Bowden's front yard. They didn't push the message boards into meltdown mode.

I know the part of OP he lives in and it's a pretty isolated palce on a private drive in a avery exclusive area. There is no way that was happening.

566510[/snapback]

anything is possible

"no way that was happening" yeah right.........fans take sh-- out on people all the time......

:devil:

I appreciate your macho comments....

but putting a for sale sign in front of someones home qualifies as a prank not a threat to their manhood. Or do you not know the difference? :devil:

566775[/snapback]

I agree Dan. I really can't believe how PC everyone has become. I would hope Bills fans had a little more subjectivity in evaluating a situation other than GOOD/BAD! That's just the skill set that got our coach fired.

I'll tell you this much....my Dad was a cop from the time I was born until I was 18. I took more jokes, had to politely nod and smile whenever someone went into a wrant about "Lazy, donut eating pigs" who did so seriously when they didn't know what my dad did. And for $20K a year, he had a gun to his head, got to deal with the scum of the earth everyday, and was happy to have a job. It wasn't worth it to defend every cop, every time someone made a disparaging remark about them as a whole. I understand that 90% of people deal with law enforcement by receiving a ticket from them.

If the Mularkey family thing is the real reson he left, and it wasn't because he was strong-armed out by the administration, then he is just a little girl. Simple as that.

He talked tough, but he walked...that's what is left in my head.

If the Mularkey family thing is the real reson he left, and it wasn't because he was strong-armed out by the administration, then he is just a little girl. Simple as that.

He talked tough, but he walked...that's what is left in my head.

566798[/snapback]

It might not have been either his family or the administration forcing him out. He was basically on a one-year job interview. It's unlikely that any but the least qualified and most desparate assistants would want to abandon their present jobs to come work for a man under those conditions. That would leave Mularkey with a very weak coaching staff. He'd also have weak talent, because the Bills are in rebuilding mode. At the end of the one-year job interview, he'd be lucky to have four wins. So he'd get fired, and it would be hard for him to get another head coaching position ever again.

Making his situation even weaker is the fact that Levy seems interested in getting back into coaching. Any time your boss wants to take your place, he's less likely to cut you some slack. Mularkey's best career move was probably to do what he did, instead of setting himself up for failure.

Imagine if someone had actually done something BAD to him....

holy sh--... you guys and your 'pride'... "you don't mess with a man's house"... please.. how about "you don't get content with your own terrible job performance"

Wow, PCness is out of hand.