Why is Halotti Ngata not on Mel Kiper's

1billsfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's underclass--maybe he didn't declare yet???  I really don't know.  If he plays like he played against Oklahoma (lazy) I don't want him.  We could sure use a few high-motor guys!!!

561057[/snapback]

yup, he was a junior this year...probably hasnt "officially" declared yet...

I think he's underclass--maybe he didn't declare yet???  I really don't know.  If he plays like he played against Oklahoma (lazy) I don't want him.  We could sure use a few high-motor guys!!!

NOTE:  No Reggie Bush either.

561057[/snapback]

Halotti Ngata = Lauvale Sape

Well, I only saw Ngata play once, in the OK - OS bowl game. I saw OK putting 2 players on him all the little time I watched.

A DL that sucks up two offensive players play after play is a dream come true. I wouldn't care in the least if he ever got a sack or a ended up with ten tackles over a season. The unblocked chap will be free to do the job. :)

Well, I only saw Ngata play once, in the OK - OS bowl game.  I saw OK putting 2 players on him all the little time I watched.

A DL that sucks up two offensive players play after play is a dream come true. I wouldn't care in the least if he ever got a sack or a ended up with ten tackles over a season. The unblocked chap will be free to do the job. :)

561119[/snapback]

No doubt. People keep calling him lazy because they saw him in one game and they seem to feel that game was enough to make a decision on his ability. I watched him play in several games and he is an absolute game changer. He would free up our LB's to make plays and would be seeing constant double and triple teams. I have made him my avatar because I believe we will draft him and that would be great news for our Defense.

No doubt.  People keep calling him lazy because they saw him in one game and they seem to feel that game was enough to make a decision on his ability. 

561128[/snapback]

Well, they did the same thing for JP, so at least they are consistent... :)

No doubt.  People keep calling him lazy because they saw him in one game and they seem to feel that game was enough to make a decision on his ability.  I watched him play in several games and he is an absolute game changer.  He would free up our LB's to make plays and would be seeing constant double and triple teams.  I have made him my avatar because I believe we will draft him and that would be great news for our Defense.

561128[/snapback]

It's nice to hear that his play throughout the season mirrors what I saw in the bowl game. If he can do the same in the NFL, he is reliable money in the bank, allowing that team some flexibility in other player choices. You don't necessarily need marquee stars to have a contending club if you get workman-like performance from the bulk of the team.

Ngata has declared for the draft.  I saw a little bit of him in their bowl game.  He was double-teamed on just about every play.  He looks like a Ted Washington-type player.

561165[/snapback]

As long as he doesn't grow a Ted Washington-type gut that prevents him from playing every down. :)

As long as he doesn't grow a Ted Washington-type gut that prevents him from playing every down.  :)

561221[/snapback]

Washington as been an NFL player for a long time, and in previous years played every down. The league has evolved into a situational thing, on offense or defense. Ted is far from unique in not being in on this or that down - defense as well as offense.

Well, I only saw Ngata play once, in the OK - OS bowl game.  I saw OK putting 2 players on him all the little time I watched.

561119[/snapback]

just because he is respected in college does not mean he will be respected in the pros.......you have to earn it.......and unless your willing to actually play hard (which he didn't do in the bowl game) your not going to get much attention.....