Just "out there" for discussion

Bflojohn

Assuming that the Houston Texans want a fresh start ALL the way around and find Vince Young too appealing to pass up (Houston born and bred), would anyone here trade for David Carr, hypothetically? He's due a roster bonus that the Texans would have to pick up and the Bills would only have salary to pay him. If the Bills acquire about him, you'd be getting a seasoned QB who has 3 seasons under his belt (experience factor). The cost would likely be this years first rounder and one of the third round picks. The jury on Losman, if you read this board, is wildly divided pro and con. This way, you gey your signal caller, who still has a tremendous future in front of him and solve the positional quandry that is Bills starting QB! Thoughts?

Assuming that the Houston Texans want a fresh start ALL the way around and find Vince Young too appealing to pass up (Houston born and bred), would anyone here trade for David Carr, hypothetically? He's due a roster bonus that the Texans would have to pick up and the Bills would only have salary to pay him. If the Bills acquire about him, you'd be getting a seasoned QB who has 3 seasons under his belt (experience factor). The cost would likely be this years first rounder and one of the third round picks. The jury on Losman, if you read this board, is wildly divided pro and con. This way, you gey your signal caller, who still has a tremendous future in front of him and solve the positional quandry that is Bills starting QB! Thoughts?

560133[/snapback]

If somehow they'd take Nate Clements in a trade for him I'd do it.

560133[/snapback]

why would the texans pick up his roster bonus? if there going to trade/cut him, they'll do it before that date to avoid it.......

regardless, i don't think carr would find buffalo a very appealing situation even if he was available (which i don't think he is -- texans will take bush by the sounds of it and keep carr around)....

560133[/snapback]

Sorry, but this is the least intelligent post I've laid eyes on in a long long while. Carr is a proven bust, while Losman has at least shown some flashes of real talent and has started ONLY 8 games so far. Which means the jury is still "out"!

560133[/snapback]

Houston has already stated that Carr is going to be the man and they are definely going to take Bush.

They have a chance to get a potentially outstanding RB and as you said Carr does have huge upside potential, why would they take another QB who MAY have potential and pass up on that special RB?

I suspect the only thing Houston would do with their #1 pick besides getting Bush would be to trade down for a chitload of picks.

Houston has already stated that Carr is going to be the man and they are definely going to take Bush.

They have a chance to get  a potentially outstanding RB and as you said Carr does have huge upside potential, why would they take another QB who MAY have potential and pass up on that special RB?

I suspect the only thing Houston would do with their #1 pick besides getting Bush would be to trade down for a chitload of picks.

560158[/snapback]

any Houston statements committing to Bush are to preserve the value of trading the pick.

If they show no interest in Bush, then teams can trade behind them and still get Bush.

Sorry, but this is the least intelligent post I've laid eyes on in a long long while. Carr is a proven bust, while Losman has at least shown some flashes of real talent and has started ONLY 8 games so far. Which means the jury is still "out"!

560156[/snapback]

Please refer to the STFU thread.

1billsfan linky

Bflojohn--my greatest concern would be Carr's head. He's been banged around so often he must be gun shy. Plus, he has probably picked up numerous bad habits running for his life the past three seasons. My guess is it will take a year to fix him (in a good situation), if ever.

560156[/snapback]

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Please refer to the STFU thread.

560163[/snapback]

Sorry but I've had it with the fans dumping on Losman after only eight games under his belt. The Bill's trading for David Carr?! Please. :doh:

How about we trade for an offensive lineman that can actually earn his keep? Building the offensive and defensive lines is what will help cure the Bills' ills. Not chucking yet another QB under the bus.

Sorry but I've had it with the fans dumping on Losman after only eight games under his belt. The Bill's trading for David Carr?! Please.  :doh:

How about we trade for an offensive lineman that can actually earn his keep? Building the offensive and defensive lines is what will help cure the Bills' ills. Not chucking yet another QB under the bus.

560175[/snapback]

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Why is it that some Bills fans do not see that our most immediate need is an adequate offensive line and not another QB?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Why is it that some Bills fans do not see that our most immediate need is an adequate offensive line and not another QB?

560182[/snapback]

i'd argue that our most immediate need is defensive tackle, but i realize that reasonable people might disagree.

Losman is an investment for this team $ wise and draft pick wise. Wether or not fans/media think he will be good or a bust is immaterial because none of them know that answer yet. It would be most unwise to trade him at this point.

I want Bush!

I heard that Houston was picking up Carr's $8 million option/bonus. Why would they pay him $8 million and then cut or trade him? That makes less than zero sense.

Start of the Draft will go like this barring trades:

1. Houston- Bush

2. New Orleans- Young

3. Tennessee- Leinhart

Leinhart already said he will not go to New Orleans. If Marv is creative, why couldn't the Bills trade Losman & the #8 pick to New Orleans for the #2 if the Bills decide they want Young over Losman? Anything can happen at this point. Just because the Bills biggest needs are OL & DL, that doesn't mean they will pass up a QB, RB or WR if there is one available at #2, #8 or perhaps trading the #8 for additional picks. OL & DL can be addressed in rounds 2-7. Bills also have an extra 3rd round pick already from the Travis Henry deal.

Carr as the backup might not be that bad of an idea, he's young and has an upside.

Also if we are willing to say that losman will be better with a decent o-line, you have to say the same about Carr, I think he is the only QB with a worse line infront of him than Losman. And Carr has had that for about 5 years.

I wonder if the Texans are saying the same things about Carr and their team. I don't know if Carr (or Losman) is going to be considered a bust, but until he gets to play behind some semblance of an OLine we'll never know.

So maybe instead of questioning somebody's intelligence, maybe you should consider some of the parallels between Carr's and Losman's situations.

Cya

For the football GODS that won't even read this thread....WOW, I'm overwhelmed by your acumen! Brilliant!! Now for the questions.... You might pay the $8 mil IF you have a dynamic trade proposal coming the other way, from Buffalo, under this scenario. In that sense, you still hold the rights and don't "lose" him for NOTHING! If you CUT him, what do you gain? As for where his head may or may NOT be.... MANY QB's have played well after being buried under a bad team/ offensive line. Jim Plunkett comes to mind as a #1 pick who was SOOOOO beaten, he was actually out of football awhile. The Oakland Raiders gave him a chance and the rest is history! Don't, and I mean don't discount the interest between now and April 29th in Houston that might grow to unfathomable proportions wanting Vince Young! Ask Philadelphia Eagles fans about the drum beat for Ricky Williams and the mighty boo let out when they took Donovan McNabb! Even the mucking Mayor got involved in that one! Lastly, I'm NOT saying that the Bills should DO THIS! As I stated, JUST FOR DISCUSSION!! NOW have your way.....

560158[/snapback]

I agree; trading down for more picks is precisely what a team with the number of problems Houston has should do. Reggie Bush isn't going to fix them. Their offensive line is even worse than ours, NOBODY is going to look good behind that line. If they can get some decent linemen I fully expect their skill position players to improve dramatically.

i'd argue that our most immediate need is defensive tackle, but i realize that reasonable people might disagree.

560190[/snapback]

They could go either way. If the Bills can't fix the O-line in the upcoming draft/free agency period, then upgrading the defense should be their priority. They could win some games with a pathetic offense so long as the defense can prevent teams from converting third downs at will.