Ted Cottrell Fired

BuffMoose

What's horrible is the way he was fired -- over the phone, by a new HC who didn't have the decency to even meet with him in person. Nobody deserves that sort of treatment. Things like that will come back to haunt Childress; it's called karma.

But do the Bills need TC back here? Absolutely not. Without Wade guiding the defense, TC has been unsuccessful in two subsequent stops.

The Bills need either someone new with fresh ideas (college coach, or NFL position coach w/ an upside), or someone with a resume that shows he has been successful on his own (Capers).

What's horrible is the way he was fired -- over the phone, by a new HC who didn't have the decency to even meet with him in person.  Nobody deserves that sort of treatment.  Things like that will come back to haunt Childress; it's called karma.

But do the Bills need TC back here?  Absolutely not.  Without Wade guiding the defense, TC has been unsuccessful in two subsequent stops.

The Bills need either someone new with fresh ideas (college coach, or NFL position coach w/ an upside), or someone with a resume that shows he has been successful on his own (Capers).

559801[/snapback]

If the jests fire Donnie Henderson, he would be a great fit here.

As far as Cottrell, he was coaching for 2 idiots when he left Buffalo (Tice and Edwards).

I agree that he wasn't as good without Wade, but imo he is better than Gray on the worst day of his life.

NO, don't even think about it! 

I really think he is nothing without Wade Phillips.  Kinda like our Jerry Gray is without Greg Williams.

559778[/snapback]

Correction...He is nothing without Dick LeBeau....the master of half time adjustment

If the jests fire Donnie Henderson, he would be a great fit here.

As far as Cottrell, he was coaching for 2 idiots when he left Buffalo (Tice and Edwards).

I agree that he wasn't as good without Wade, but imo he is better than Gray on the worst day of his life.

559814[/snapback]

If the Jets don't hire Henderson as their next HC, he will probably follow Herm to KC.

Bring him back now!!!! He coached a defense this year that had a good defensive year. How was the Jets defense this year without him? Ranked 30th? Getting rid of Cottrell for the Jets really helped them huh?

Id take teddy in a heartbeat

560139[/snapback]

Cotrell would be a welcome addition imo. Norve can go get______ed! Maybe if Turner is hired he could explain again to MM how some day he would understand the point in running up the score this past season. I know, I know, most folks here feel it was okay...

So has Gray actually been canned? I saw reoprts he as and then he wasn't. My belief is that he was fired when first reported, but the Bills didn't want that to reflect badly on his interview with the Texans. This theory would explain why all of the position coaches were dumped with no word on Grey's status.

Cottrell: Give me a break. If we were to bring him back, then I'd know that mularkey has no control over this thing and that we'll have the #1 pick in the 2007 draft.

Minnesota defensive players were bitching midseason about how lame and predictable and vanilla their defense was. even winfield went on record saying that the lack of an intelligent scheme and game plans was laughable.

and you guys want to rip apart the 43 that we spent 5 years building to hire a mediocre coach and start over with a 34?

Do you even realize we don't have the right personnel for that? Do you realize that no team has ever won a playoff game in their first year in a new defense?

Think again when you want to keep reaching back into the past.

NO, don't even think about it! 

I really think he is nothing without Wade Phillips.  Kinda like our Jerry Gray is without Greg Williams.

559778[/snapback]

The best thing Cottrell does is lure free agents that he used to coach to come and play for his new team. Such as Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams,Sam Cowart. Damn, come to think of it that bastard keeps stealing our guys.