Mabe a STFU Forum is needed for folks

Mark VI

Then they can just tell each other to shut up in long, brain dead threads...while the rest of us discuss football and aren't hypersensative to opinion or criticism.

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" I'm right and your're wrong "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:D

Then they can just tell each other to shut up in long, brain dead threads...while the rest of us discuss football and aren't hypersensative to opinion or criticism.

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:D

558177[/snapback]

STFU! No one cares about your opinion!

:P

Funny, because it seems like you needed to this forum a few weeks ago when I suggested that JP was downtown partying and you asked if I was 10 years old.

Take a lesson from yourself.

558206[/snapback]

Oh, the irony of this response. :D

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:P

558177[/snapback]

How about an error 404 page! :D

and I hope people dont see me that way, because of my comments about WGT55 and Sullivan- I think their criticism, while based on what may be real issues at times goes off the deep end, and becomes personal attacks, and childish garbage

Our definitions of irony must differ, because you were hypersensitive to a fact.  I'll stop here, but seriously, you need to practice what you preech.

558216[/snapback]

The hypersensative to criticism part applies here. Keep digging the hole deeper.

The issue is not about people having differing opinions - that is the point of a football forum.

The issue, as I see it, is about people stating their opinions as ironclad facts, i.e., absolute certain predictions about what is going to happen, and anyone who thinks differently or more optimistically is an idiot. My thread - which you, as well as other respected and experienced posters continue to lambast - was in reaction to the gazillion threads proclaiming doom within 24 hours after Donahoe was fired and Levy was hired. My point was only that the only thing we all know for certain is that we don't know what is going to happen, and I suggested that we all just wait a bit, remain optimistic and open-minded, and perhaps tone down the age-bashing. You can keep snickering and throwing in witty jabs about how stupid my thread (and others) was, and can continue to suggest that posters who have been here longer must know more about football than the rest of us, but I think the point has been made.

I will add that the current climate here is a reversal of the norm: ordinarily, it's newer posters who are prophesizing doom and gloom, and it's the experienced posters who advocate patience and optimism. Lately, and frustratingly, the opposite seems to be the case - the more senior posters here seem to be fixated on sarcasm and predicting doom, and many of us newer posters are advocating optimism. I think some of the "seniors" could do well to take some of their own medecine this time around.

My thread - which you, as well as other respected and experienced posters continue to lambast - was in reaction to the gazillion threads proclaiming doom within 24 hours after Donahoe was fired

Are you freaking kidding me?

After Donahoe was fired, there was an outpouring of joy on this board which hasn't been seen in cyberages. Out of the thousands of posts on this board since, I've seen a grand total of about 5 people who weren't happy with the firing.

5......out of hundreds of posters.

2%..... gazillions......same difference. :D

Are you freaking kidding me?

After Donahoe was fired, there was an outpouring of joy on this board which hasn't been seen in cyberages. Out of the thousands of posts on this board since, I've seen a grand total of about 5 people who weren't happy with the firing.

5......out of hundreds of posters.

2%..... gazillions......same difference.  :D

558293[/snapback]

"and Levy was hired." That was the part of my sentence you chose to omit, and that's what the negative reaction has been to. You can distort my words to try to make me look like a fool, or you can address the merits of what I'm trying to say.

I don't think there's been a negative reaction to Levy either.

The worst has been by far me, and while I think the Bills made a mistake, I've hardly been a doom and gloomer, nor have others. I'm taking a wait'n'see attitude while rationally discussing why I think the Bills have taken a step backwards.

If it bothers you that much, maybe it's because there's a part of you that agrees but doesn't want to admit it.

Edit:

I just went back the last 3 pages and looked over the subjects which have been posted the last few days. To say that there has been a negative reaction to Levy is pure fantasy. I think that since you like the move that each single voice of dissent sounds to your ears like a thousand wailing banshees. But the truth is that the board is loaded with positive Marv posts with only a couple that are negative.

Additionally a poll that was done the other day shows that 86% of responding fans approve of the move while only 13% don't. But yeah, there's been "gazillions" of threads proclaiming doom and gloom. :D

Additionally a poll that was done the other day shows that 86% of responding fans approve of the move while only 13% don't. But yeah, there's been "gazillions" of threads proclaiming doom and gloom.  :D

558306[/snapback]

No one cares what polls say. Just 86 percent plus 13 percent of people to tell to shut up.

I mean, could we keep it down in here, people? I'm trying to eat my lunch, and there's just all this jibber-jabber.

Mark, I like your turns of phrase (or is that your turn of phrases?), but this being the forum it is, I'm going to have to ask you to shut your trap. You talk too much. Same goes for the rest of you fruitcakes as well. I can't even hear myself think!

Me, I'm always quiet. Except when I have to tell everyone to shut up.

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:unsure:

558177[/snapback]

You are so wrong, you ignorant slut. :lol:

How about an error 404 page! :lol:

and I hope people dont see me that way, because of my comments about WGT55 and Sullivan- I think their criticism, while based on what may be real issues at times goes off the deep end, and becomes personal attacks, and childish garbage

558218[/snapback]

Well since nobody else has taken you up, I guess it's up to me! It's time to light the lamp and ring the bell!! :P Since you know we have an axe to grind, yessiree bob I guess it's up to me. :lol:

Adam STFU with your slams against what is surely the best radio station south of The Fan 590 (even though they have some pretty lame hosts, GR I mean. 590 now has Jim Kelley for cryin out loud :o ) and the best newspaper man south of Al Strachan in Toronto whose name is JERRY JERRY JERRY

So just stop it. And tell all your friends stop it. Just stop it. :doh:

And to top it all off for you,

Who Loves you Baby :lol: Don't ever knock my man Chuck

Signed

Disciple #4

:w00t::w00t::lol:

Well since nobody else has taken you up, I guess it's up to me! It's time to light the lamp and ring the bell!!  :lol: Since you know we have an axe to grind, yessiree bob I guess it's up to me.  :lol:

Adam STFU with your slams against what is surely the best radio station south of The Fan 590 (even though they have some pretty lame hosts, GR I mean. 590 now has Jim Kelley for cryin out loud  :w00t: ) and the best newspaper man south of Al Strachan in Toronto whose name is JERRY JERRY JERRY

So just stop it. And tell all your friends stop it. Just stop it.  :doh:

And to top it all off for you,

Who Loves you Baby  :P  Don't ever knock my man Chuck

Signed

Disciple #4

:lol:  :w00t:  :lol:

559634[/snapback]

Whoa.

A WGR, Jerry Sullivan, Chuck Dickerson, Mepple Liffs fan with an Eric Lindros avatar.

You must be a ball at parties!

Whoa.

A WGR, Jerry Sullivan, Chuck Dickerson, Mepple Liffs fan with an Eric Lindros avatar.

You must be a ball at parties!

559647[/snapback]

Don Cherry is my GOD also. Sorry I forgot to bring that into the mix :lol:

And yes actually, I am a ball at parties! That is what lifes about, let the good times roll, keep on truckin and so on :lol:

PS you spelled Maple Leafs wrong. It's actually spelled like this, although I'm positive you know this!

GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO :doh: