This board has become disgusting with the age

Ronald Reagan said it best during the 1984 Presidential debate with Mondale.....

"Some will make age an issue in this campaign, but I will refrain from exploiting for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience."

Like a fine wine, Marv just gets better!!

Sorry, junior. But it is very possible to treasure, respect, revere, admire, cherish, honor, think extremely highly of, and absolutely love a guy who is 80 or 87 years old... and still not want him making major decisions or working 15 hours a day, or designing game plans or deciding on the intricacies of drafting or signing player A or player Y on your favorite football team.

If you're telling me that you trust Ralph Wilson to make good decisions on drafting and free agents and starting positions after watching him talk on that podium three times in the last few days, I don't trust you to make a good decision or post any more than I do Ralph or Marv.

Sorry, junior. But it is very possible to treasure, respect, revere, admire, cherish, honor, think extremely highly of, and absolutely love a guy who is 80 or 87 years old... and still not want him making major decisions or working 15 hours a day, or designing game plans or deciding on the intricacies of drafting  or signing player A or player Y on your favorite football team.

If you're telling me that you trust Ralph Wilson to make good decisions on drafting and free agents and starting positions after watching him talk on that podium three times in the last few days, I don't trust you to make a good decision or post any more than I do Ralph or Marv.

557135[/snapback]

Marv isn't supposed to work 15 hour days. The OC and DC are supposed to work 15 hours a day game planning. The HC approves or adds input to the game plan. The GM shouldn't even be involved in the game planning. If he is it signals that we have the wrong OC, DC and HC.

Then the GM should fire the coaches and hire people to do the job correctly.

Marv should be putting 7 or 8 hour days at the most.

Marv isn't supposed to work 15 hour days. The OC and DC are supposed to work 15 hours a day game planning. The HC approves or adds input to the game plan. The GM shouldn't even be involved in the game planning. If he is it signals that we have the wrong OC, DC and HC.

557141[/snapback]

Clueless. It's not just a movie anymore.

Sorry, junior. But it is very possible to treasure, respect, revere, admire, cherish, honor, think extremely highly of, and absolutely love a guy who is 80 or 87 years old... and still not want him making major decisions or working 15 hours a day, or designing game plans or deciding on the intricacies of drafting  or signing player A or player Y on your favorite football team.

557135[/snapback]

8 years or so ago Marv was run out of town because the belief was the game had passed him by. Now after out of the game for that time, 8 years older, he's looked at as some messiah to raise the dead. He was in his early 60's when he was out-coached in 4 SB's. I think we have been set back at least 3 more years

557141[/snapback]

Good, he's really going to know everything he needs to know about 200 NFL players and 400 potential draft picks in 2-3 months coming in late and leaving early. Especially after not watching much more football than you did the last eight years. And leaving how much these players are going to cost to the other guys.

Marv is not going to be doing game planning, or coaching. He is going to be deciding who stays and who goes. He won't be negotiating contracts (but will be there during negotiations) he will be finding the talent and bringing them in for negotiations. He will be organising the information that his scouts give him about players and putting it together to figure out who should be part of the team and who should not be.

I would atleast like to see what he does during the offseason before I start passing judgement on him.

Although I know that most people around here were hoping Polian would quit a possible Super Bowl team to come here and maybe Ralph would go Dig up Butler to be his assistant GM and they could both work their magic to bring us to the SB.

Who else could the Bills have gotten that would be willing to be the GM here and be an improvement to TD? No other GM has been fired yet meaning the choices are even smaller.

Guest BackInDaDay
Boy, it sounds like someone sure has their Depends all in a wad...

557146[/snapback]

That can't be good. :lol:

I wouldn't expect anything less from you AD. Long hours do not equal high quality. Just like your post count, very high in quantity but very low in quality.

557202[/snapback]

Stop it, you're crushing my delicate self esteem.

I'm glad I didn't disappoint you. One of the things on my checklist is now complete.

too old to do anything ? 55 ? 65 ? 75 ?

The answer is everyone is different and knows when too hang it up !

557071[/snapback]

My personal answer was 21..Her name was Jennifer. I knew it couldn't get any better. I have been coasting for 24 years....

8 years or so ago Marv was run out of town because the belief was the game had passed him by.  Now after out of the game for that time, 8 years older, he's looked at as some messiah to raise the dead.  He was in his early 60's when he was out-coached in 4 SB's.  I think we have been set back at least 3 more years

557159[/snapback]

The game never passed him by- we reached the point in the cycle that we were losing players, and starting to lose games. The gameNEVER- EVER passed Levy by.

He was not outcoached in the Superbowls- we were beaten by several hall of fame players, or near hall of fame players. Its merely convenient to blame him for the losses, and give the players credit for the wins, but thats not accurate,no matter how much Marv wanted us to believe that.