I don't know, and neither do you

My goodness. Either the sky is falling, or God incarnate has returned to guide the Bills to the Superbowl. This Board is hilarious.

NONE OF US KNOW HOW THIS WILL WORK OUT.

What I do know is that the Bills have fired an egomaniacal micromanager who was widely despised by almost all of his employees. I'll say this again: you can't underestimate the value of removing such a suffocating force from any organization. Even if the talent evaluation suffers (which I doubt it will), the freedom to operate that now exists for Bills' employees (including coaches) must be viewed as a positive. Everyone now has room to breathe - this cannot be understated.

That being said, who knows if Marv is the right choice in terms of talent evaluation? You don't. Neither do I. But to suggest that just because he is (i) old or (ii) an ex-head coach that he will fail, is just ridiculous. Why would some of you rather that the Bills brought in some unknown scout who had spent the last 10 years training how to be a GM with Sherpas in Tibet, is beyond me. Football is football. You draft a few good linemen and a good QB every year and eventually you're gonna be in the playoffs. Not saying it's simple, but Donahoe made it harder than it had to be, let's face it. Levy won't make that mistake, I hope.

In the meantime, stop saying you know what's going to happen, because you don't. You really don't. Give this a chance - new air has just re-entered the room, take a moment to relax and breathe it. A new era is upon us.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, we need 30 more threads about how the franchise is a joke, Levy never was a good coach, and Mularkey looks like a gym sock.

556812[/snapback]

Hey, didn't I tell you to stop posting. :lol:

You're banned!

Give this a chance - new air has just re-entered the room, take a moment to relax and breathe it.  A new era is upon us.

556797[/snapback]

To sum it up, TD was a hideous fart in a sealed room, Marv is the guy that´ll open the window so everyone can breathe better.

Hey, didn't I tell you to stop posting.  :P

You're banned!

556817[/snapback]

You're just an egomaniacal micromanager who is widely despised by almost all of the posters here, and you play dirty. :lol:

As for Marv...he deserves a chance to get it right (and i think he will).

You're just an egomaniacal micromanager who is widely despised by almost all of the posters here, and you play dirty. :lol:

556828[/snapback]

SECURITY!!!

Take this man's keyboard!!!!!

Football is football.  You draft a few good linemen and a good QB every year and eventually you're gonna be in the playoffs.  Not saying it's simple, but Donahoe made it harder than it had to be, let's face it.  Levy won't make that mistake, I hope.

556797[/snapback]

You are right about the above, but the rest of your post is hazy.

You have been on this board for some time. It consists of hardcore Bills fans with differing personalities. Can you really fault the doubters such as myself and SDS?

The football team that we love is now being led by 2 men who total 167 years in age. Please, read this again. 167 years. Our head coach must answer to these two. They are his bosses. One certainly will not know what he is talking about. The other may or may not. This has all of the makings of a sad state of affairs, wouldn't you say?

No, I DON'T know how this will turn out. What I do know is that Levy lost the team at the end of his coaching career, and he was old then. He would stand next to Mauck, cursing at the refs. Mauck was cursing AND spitting. It was ridiculous 10 years ago. Now, he has the final say on draft day. Great. :lol:

You might make a case that Modrak will run the draft. Are you sure? Modrak seems to be accustomed to taking a backseat, or at least let us hope that it was TD and not him who brought us the likes of Parrish, Everret, Mike Williams, Reed, and many more losers/sub-par/situational players with choice picks.

A best case scenario would be that the 80 year old was brought back to console/placate the 87 year old. Does this really sound good to you?

I will never give up. The Bills are a passion of mine. I have fallen in love with WNY as well. This does not mandate me to feel good about what I perceive as an embarrassing mess.

Nor does it stop me from hoping for the best.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

556837[/snapback]

That is really all that matters isn't it?

I'm more on the positive side of this than you, I think that Levy will bring some sanity back to the organization. First order of business...review the scouting department with TM and make sure that we have top notch talent evaluators. Second order of business...listen to those talent evaluators and rebuild the lines. Third order of business...remember to tie his shoes before leaving the house.

Football is football. You just draft a few good linemen and a quarterback and you're going to be in the playoffs?

Cool. Ummmm... Teach? Does it matter which linemen? I mean, could it be hockey linemen? Could it be the linemen for the county? Do you think perhaps it would help to know something about these linemen which makes them good?

You are right about the above, but the rest of your post is hazy.

You have been on this board for some time. It consists of hardcore Bills fans with differing personalities. Can you really fault the doubters such as myself and SDS?

The football team that we love is now being led by 2 men who total 167 years in age. Please, read this again. 167 years. Our head coach must answer to these two. They are his bosses. One certainly will not know what he is talking about. The other may or may not. This has all of the makings of a sad state of affairs, wouldn't you say?

No, I DON'T know how this will turn out. What I do know is that Levy lost the team at the end of his coaching career, and he was old then. He would stand next to Mauck, cursing at the refs. Mauck was cursing AND spitting. It was ridiculous 10 years ago. Now, he has the final say on draft day. Great.  :lol:

You might make a case that Modrak will run the draft. Are you sure? Modrak seems to be accustomed to taking a backseat, or at least let us hope that it was TD and not him who brought us the likes of Parrish, Everret, Mike Williams, Reed, and many more losers/sub-par/situational players with choice picks.

A best case scenario would be that the 80 year old was brought back to console/placate the 87 year old. Does this really sound good to you?

I will never give up. The Bills are a passion of mine. I have fallen in love with WNY as well. This does not mandate me to feel good about what I perceive as an embarrassing mess.

556837[/snapback]

Couple of things, but first enjoyed reading this post.

#1) Not so sure Levy lost his team. Think there were several factors involved, but thats another argument. Even if he did, is it not general wisdom that 90% of coached outlive thier usefulness after about 7 or 8 years with the same squad? If so, Marvs got a whole new cast of characters, from the front office on and all the way through the players and coaches that should be able to drink the Levy kool aid without it being old or repitious.

#2)In looking at this thing half full instead of half empty, I would say Bill Polian has been the most succseesful front office guy(Pioliand Belichek excluded) in the NFL for the 20 yrs. Well, Marv worked with Bill three differant places, and worked closely with him by all accounts. Maybe, just maybe, Marv can put those experiences to good use .

#3) Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have an opinion either way. I'm just gonna' look forward to next season and the tailgates.

And is it a problem to have a couple of those little brown spots on my hands? Does that mean I've lost it? :P

:lol: