What exactly did Mularkey do?

He has only been here for 2 years.

In his first year he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs by only 1 game (which came down to the NFL officials screwing up the call of Henry's TD in the Oakland game). So in all fact, in his first year as an NFL coach, Mike Mularkey would have made the playoffs if it wasnt for a bad officiating call. Not to bad? hmm ...

In his second year, he was handed a team that his general manager (Tom Donahoe) had dismantled by letting the best lineman leave in free-agency (Jonas Jennings) and the anchor of the defensive line (Pat Williams) go to free-agency. Not to mention the fact that a 1st year player was to be the QB behind a shaky line. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that the best LB on the team and possibly one of the best in the NFL was injured in Week 3 of the NFL season. That coupled with Nate Clements having a less than wonderful year and ... well ... you get the point.

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending some of the moronic things that Mike Mularkey seems to do when play-calling or coaching the team. What I am doing is asking how you can have such hatred towards this man without looking at the above variables.

its so hard to know who to actually point the finger at for the 2005 season. Was it MM, tom clements, td, ralph, eric moulds, modrak, gray, or someone else? All we do know is that its a complete clusterfu(k right now at OBD. Because of this, i'm willing to give MM a pass on the 2005 season, but not give him an inch next year. Provided the guy bring in some compitant assistants and the front office bring in some talent, he could thrive here. Too bad opening day is 8 long months away.

He may have gone 9-7 in his first year but had a cupcake schedule full of teams like the Browns, Lambs and Niners in it. However, when he played a real team like the Steelers his team self destructed against some of the Steelers backups for a good part of the game. This season when he faced a schedule full of decent teams the "real Mularkey team" came out. He also proceded to piss off some of the veterans on the team and was mainly a kiss-arss for any authority above him.

And last but not least, his play-calling was brutal to say the least.

I need not say any more because I'm getting pissed just thinking about him.

:doh:

But how much of that was due to TD basically taking him to the woodshed every time he did or said anything that TD didn't like. After awhile you figure out what to say and do to keep TD happy.

I think it' more than a coincidence that many people this season were saying that MM was begining to sound like GW. Maybe that was cause the same guy was moving their strings. And if they tried to break free, they'd get wacked upside the head qucikly. Td developed robots!

He was mainly a kiss-arss for any authority above him.

554440[/snapback]

He may have gone 9-7 in his first year but had a cupcake schedule full of teams like the Browns, Lambs and Niners in it.  However, when he played a real team like the Steelers his team self destructed against some of the Steelers backups for a good part of the game.  This season when he faced a schedule full of decent teams the "real Mularkey team" came out.  He also proceded to piss off some of the veterans on the team and was mainly a kiss-arss for any authority above him.

554440[/snapback]

"Real Mularkey team" or "Real Donahoe team"?

That is the real question.

He may have gone 9-7 in his first year but had a cupcake schedule full of teams like the Browns, Lambs and Niners in it.  However, when he played a real team like the Steelers his team self destructed against some of the Steelers backups for a good part of the game.  This season when he faced a schedule full of decent teams the "real Mularkey team" came out.  He also proceded to piss off some of the veterans on the team and was mainly a kiss-arss for any authority above him.

554440[/snapback]

You can only play who is on your schedule.

And the "real Mularkey team?" You mean the "real mularkey team" minus Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings, Drew Bledsoe, and Takeo Spikes?

"Roscoe Parrish drops back to pass."

554557[/snapback]

Why the hell do all the tards pick on that play to complain about? Of all the dozens and dozens and dozens of stupid calls and plays that Mularkey made this season, why use a complete pass for three yards to Lee Evans on first down in a game you were up 21 points in that was followed by a first down? And I think Roscoe just mishandled the ball, which is why he threw short and not to a receiver further down field. And it was completed by a former high school quarterback who allegedly has a good and strong arm that we were told was going to throw a couple times during the year. At least complain about plays that failed or were disasters.

He has only been here for 2 years.

In his first year he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs by only 1 game (which came down to the NFL officials screwing up the call of Henry's TD in the Oakland game). So in all fact, in his first year as an NFL coach, Mike Mularkey would have made the playoffs if it wasnt for a bad officiating call. Not to bad? hmm ...

In his second year, he was handed a team that his general manager (Tom Donahoe) had dismantled by letting the best lineman leave in free-agency (Jonas Jennings) and the anchor of the defensive line (Pat Williams) go to free-agency. Not to mention the fact that a 1st year player was to be the QB behind a shaky line. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that the best LB on the team and possibly one of the best in the NFL was injured in Week 3 of the NFL season. That coupled with Nate Clements having a less than wonderful year and ... well ... you get the point.

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending some of the moronic things that Mike Mularkey seems to do when play-calling or coaching the team. What I am doing is asking how you can have such hatred towards this man without looking at the above variables.

554379[/snapback]

Give it another Year...You'll want him out too...Guess some of us are just ahead of the curve... :doh:

The main reason I dislike MM is the fact that he just comes across wishy-washy (to me at least),and I just do not see him as a Leader of Men...The Miami Game sealed it all for me...I want him gone ASAP, and I just can't believe we are going to have another Year with a HC who gets outcoached as much as Mularkey does, and GW did before him...ugh... :doh: