JP won't be starting anytime soon

Anyone who listens to Marv on his WGR Monday morning show has to remember his answer to whether Mularkey did the right thing starting Holcomb. For those who didn't listen, Marv completely supported the Holcomb decision stating you play the player who gives you the best chance to win and you develop the guys who are not ready in practice, not on gameday. JP's in for a long season next year in Buffalo, and probably a short stay thereafter. I can't see JP making it here under the Levy/Mularkey management. The last time Marv let a young, inexperienced QB take the reigns, it was his last season as a head coach.

Anyone who listens to Marv on his WGR Monday morning show has to remember his answer to whether Mularkey did the right thing starting Holcomb.  For those who didn't listen, Marv completely supported the Holcomb decision stating you play the player who gives you the best chance to win and you develop the guys who are not ready in practice, not on gameday.  JP's in for a long season next year in Buffalo, and probably a short stay thereafter.  I can't see JP making it here under the Levy/Mularkey management.  The last time Marv let a young, inexperienced QB take the reigns, it was his last season as a head coach.

554233[/snapback]

Yup ! Marv has always hated playing "rookies".

well jp won't be a "rookie" anymore.i love jp,but let jp have real competition in training camp.if jp is for real he will work just as hard as he did last offseason and maybe have a little more confidence.i think jp is going to turn out to be a good qb.he may even have to wait one more season which is what marv would probably like anyway.go bills in'06 and welcome home marv

The last time Marv let a young, inexperienced QB take the reigns, it was his last season as a head coach.

554233[/snapback]

Jim Kelly was 26. His third year in pro football. Losman will be 25, his third year in pro football. Collins was also 26, his third year in pro football. Levy is going to say to himself, hmmm, the last time I let a young quarterback take the reigns in his third year it was my last season as a head coach? Without thinking, the second last time I let a young quarterback take the reigns in his third year we both ended up in the hall of fame?

Jim Kelly was 26. His third year in pro football. Losman will be 25, his third year in pro football. Collins was also 26, his third year in pro football. Levy is going to say to himself, hmmm, the last time I let a young quarterback take the reigns in his third year it was my last season as a head coach? Without thinking, the second last time I let a young quarterback take the  reigns in his third year we both ended up in the hall of fame?

554358[/snapback]

Except he allegedly won't be micromanaging Mularkey. It will be MM's call, right?

Jim Kelly was 26. His third year in pro football. Losman will be 25, his third year in pro football. Collins was also 26, his third year in pro football. Levy is going to say to himself, hmmm, the last time I let a young quarterback take the reigns in his third year it was my last season as a head coach? Without thinking, the second last time I let a young quarterback take the  reigns in his third year we both ended up in the hall of fame?

554358[/snapback]

Of course, Kelly had already started two full USFL seasons (plus the first nine games of the '86 season) by the time Levy got here. I see your overall point, and agree with it... but Levy already knew Kelly had the goods. He -- and we -- can't be sure about that with Losman.

Personally, I love J.P.'s potential. If you're an NFL coach, though, 'potential' can get you fired right quick if it doesn't pan out...

(channeling Paul Maguire)

I'll tell you what, this offseason shouldn't be boring. :doh:

Yep. Holcomb should be pleased.

554251[/snapback]

Well...JP needs to step up now...He's a 1st Round Pick heading into his 3rd Year...Problem is I doubt he's getting the type of Coaching he needs to be successful in the NFL...And I don't think his HC has any confidence in him anyway...but looks like that Coaching is going to be good enough for Ralph and Marv... so...

Kelly Holcomb will likely be the Starting QB in 2006...The Bills will suck once again...MM will get fired after 2006...The Bills Draft Brady Quinn in 2007...

Just that simple huh?... :doh:

What did Marv say AFTER the Jets game? Hmmmm.

554356[/snapback]

[/quote

Go to where it says Marv Levy wraps up the season

http://www.wgr550.com/ondemand.php

I listened again. Marv said you start with defense, so you can expect DL in the 1st round, if not heavily in free agency. He liked what he saw in Holcomb until the disaster against the Jets. Said JP showed him things in preseason but things are a lot different in regular season. Said open competition would be best. Pointed out the poor records in P. Manning's & T. Aikman's 1st seasons but really doesn't know if JP will make it or not.

Kelly Holcomb will likely be the Starting QB in 2006...The Bills will suck once again...MM will get fired after 2006...The Bills Draft Brady Quinn in 2007...

Just that simple huh?... :doh:

554421[/snapback]

Then let's cut to the chase & draft AJ Hawk this year.... keep it all in the family. :doh:

I expect a new FA QB to join the Bills.  I could also see send Losman to NFLE.  Losman may not start next year, but he will eventually.

PTR

554431[/snapback]

The Bills have NEVER, I repeat NEVER sent any player they spent a draft choice on to NFLE in the history of that league. They certainly won't be sending JP there. They don't believe that anyone, other than a street FA (training camp fodder) belongs in NFLE. Their best use of NFLE has been signing punters Mohr & Moorman AFTER they were able to scout them as free agents kicking there. Mohr was before it went exclusively Eurooe.