*slaps forehead*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Barfalo. How typical. Win when you don't want to.

541772[/snapback]

Come on... can you really say you did not enjoy that game??? This win was much needed for the organization, the players, + everyone in here... a very nice Christmas present! ;)

Who wants a top 5 choice?....half of them fail and you end up with a huge cap hit....let's use the money on LeCharles Bentley or Steve Hutchinson...

542023[/snapback]

Exactly.

Why pay a guy $2M/year and a $25M signing bonus in the top five when you can scootch down to about 15 and get a player who has every bit as much a chance to be a quality player and pay $1M/year and a $5 signing bonus?

I hate fans who want to draft a friggin' name. Reggie Bush may end up being worth it, but he's a rare player, and it's not like we have a shot at the top pick, nor do we have the luxury to be picking a RB.

Assuming those guys want to play here.

Imagine how difficult it'll be to lure FA if Mularkey's still the coach.

542025[/snapback]

This is unanswerable until FA starts--but if we offer a 5 or 6 year contract--what coach is guaranteed for that long anyway....I don't mind spending $500K more a year than other offers to get the right guy if thats what it takes..money especially up front money, cures a lot of ills--and we have it to spend.

Merry Christmas JSP. Don't be depressed because we won...8 in row over the Bungles..no matter what they are to everyone else they are still the Bungles to the Bills.

This one was for TKO and Wyche...

This is unanswerable until FA starts--but if we offer a 5 or 6 year contract--what coach is guaranteed for that long anyway....I don't mind spending $500K more a year than other offers to get the right guy if thats what it takes..money especially up front money, cures a lot of ills--and we have it to spend.

Merry Christmas JSP.  Don't be depressed because we won...8 in row over the Bungles..no matter what they are to everyone else they are still the Bungles to the Bills.

This one was for TKO and Wyche...

542046[/snapback]

Aw hell, I'm not depressed, just drunk and hiding from the inlaws ;)

I'm just praying to baby JC that they ditch Mularkey and donahoe.

Assuming he's there, Jethro.

Hey, merry !@#$ing Christmas to you too. Hope Santa leaves you some sheep lubricant. That or a girlfriend who isn't a cousin.

541833[/snapback]

LMAO, man you guessed my name too?!?!?! You must at the "Guess Your Weight" booth at the Erie County Fair in the summer...

;)

542025[/snapback]

Hate to tell you this, but the players have a better feel for how Mularkey is as a coach than you do- and they play pretty hard for him, which speaks volumes of his leadership. I think free agents would look at that as a good thing

542025[/snapback]

Money talks, BS walks. It seems to me guys that refuse to play for a specific team are pretty rare as long as the cash is offered.

That being said, I gotta say I was kinda hoping for the Bengals to get an early lead. I am in the middle of my FF Super Bowl, and the guy I am against has Palmer and C. Johnson. Selfishly, I would have liked to see the Bills look, well, like they have been looking, and those two make an early exit. At least the Bills held them in check. Now I need the Ravens D and Tom Brady to come up huge.

A win is always a win. It was a fun game that gives me some glimmer of hope for, dare I say it...next year.

Moving down lower in the draft makes it sure that the "glamour pics" are not there.  This is where good player evaluation comes into play...

"BRING ME A NEW BILLS GM BEFORE APRIL SANTA!!!"

542123[/snapback]

Not only that, it's an area where teams are wheeling and dealing to trade down or to jump a spot ahead (at an often-dear price). Usually an area that benefits the "seller"...

Hate to tell you this, but the players have a better feel for how Mularkey is as a coach than you do- and they play pretty hard for him, which speaks volumes of his leadership. I think free agents would look at that as a good thing

542069[/snapback]

:angry:

Don't mind me, I'm drunk. Inlaws are over.

541787[/snapback]

Does that explain all of your posts...? :angry:

542069[/snapback]

Come on Adam, everyone on this board knows WAY more about how to run an NFL team (both from the front office and the sidelines) than the people who are doing it for a living. Where have you been?!?! ;)

CW

PS: Merry belated Xmas to everyone :D

Let's say you guys are right, and a #10 overall pick is better than 5th overall because of salary etc. Well, you're still better off with #5 overall, so you can TRADE DOWN, get the #10 overall pick, not to mention some other picks too.

Of course, sometimes glamour picks prove to be worth it. Just ask Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Carson Palmer; all of whom were 1st overall picks.

Let's say you guys are right, and a #10 overall pick is better than 5th overall because of salary etc. Well, you're still better off with #5 overall, so you can TRADE DOWN, get the #10 overall pick, not to mention some other picks too.

542978[/snapback]

You can? Is that a new rule? Anyone who doesn't like their pick gets to trade down with the team of their choosing?

You can?  Is that a new rule?  Anyone who doesn't like their pick gets to trade down with the team of their choosing?

542987[/snapback]

no that is not true....but there are usually teams looking to trade up to get a player on draft day, and the Arm is merely pointing out that he feels it a better position to have as high a pick as possible.............hard to argue that