What do you think Drews teammates think of him?

Pete

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have jumped onto the DREW BLOWS category. I Feel Shane Matthews could have done better last game. I'm anxiously awaiting the return of Losman, and saying adios to Bledsoe and his cap hit. I truly feel that if he was rel;eased, he would be no better than a backup on any other team.

Pete, I respectfully disagree with you. I was at the game yesterday, and yes Drew was awful, especially with those passes that short hopped his receivers. At the same time our receivers dropped several passes themselves. You recall in the 2nd quarter when the Bills were driving had a 3rd and 4 at the 14. Bledsoe was pressured and was in the process of being sacked, but he still managed to get the ball off, and Josh Reed is at the 10 yard, ball hits Reed in the hands, and he drops it. I think he took his eyes off it which does no good either, however if he catches it, they have a first down and goal. Let's not forget Travis Henry's non catch, that turned into an INT. Moulds dropped one, Campbell dropped one. There was a crucial false start by Moulds deep in Raiders territory. Let's not forget the two costly penalties on special teams, which negated returns by McGee & Clements.

I do admit Drew was terrible yesterday, but I can not say that yesterday's loss was all his fault.

39349[/snapback]

That pass off of Henries hands was Drew's high ball that Henry has to jump for on a 5 yard dump off pass. Another Drew mistake in my opinion, not Henry's

I know if I were a defensive player, I'd be upset at the constant string of 3 and outs, drive-killing penalties, turnovers, etc. That said, I wouldn't threaten a teammate! It would suck, but I'd try to stay upbeat. We don't want a repeat of the "Bickering Bills" days, do we?

I meant it as a serious question.  Foxboro Mike's signature says something to effect of Ty Law saying to Rodney Harrison "I know we are gonna win because we have Tom Brady".  Do you think Drews teammates have that kind of confidence in him?  Or do you think that when we are down by 5 with 1:30 left in the game that they go "oh stevestojan".  I think the later but that is just conjecture

39374[/snapback]

If you could see the conviction in Harrison's face as says it, it's kind of inspiring.

There's also a spot on the Pats SB DVD where Mushin Muhammed comes off the field after catching the bomb that put Carolina ahead in the 4th quarter of that SB. After the celebration on the Panthers sideline dies down a bit, Muhammed says to a teammate regarding Brady, "It sure enough ain't over yet, man. Not with that dude playing quarterback on the other side."

When your teammates believe in you, that's good... it's when your opponents FEAR you that it's better. You guys had it when you had Kelly. In time, you'll see whether JP (Just Play!) Losman has it.

It's all relative. NOBODY on that team has any right to dog anybody else. They all need to improve and make less mistakes. Blown coverage and stupid penalties on defense. Dropped passes and poor passes on offense, not to mention that Drew has no protection and gets t'd off on every down. We can't run the ball, the defense can't generate any pressure. There are a ton of things that need to be fixed and worked on and no one person is to blame. :)

Didn't TKO try to kick his butt in last year?

38350[/snapback]

This is starting to look like CBS News in here. People are offering up lies, rumors,

exaggerated facts and innuendo to further their agenda of blaming Bledsoe.

Stick to the facts.

Henry gets one yard we win.

Mark Campbell gets one more yard we win.

Receivers catch catchable balls we probably win.

Stupid penalties are avoided we probably win.

Bledsoe has an 86.2 QB rating ranked in the top 40% of the league

TD/INT ratio in the top 10%

Running game yards per carry 2.7

Passing game yards per play (attempts AND completions) 8.2

Did Bledsoe have a subpar game? Yes

Is he terrible and the reason this team is not winning? No.

Should Shane Matthews be the QB? Gimme a break.

Let's start talking football and ALL the elements of a team and the

nuances of games instead of this character assassination all the time.

If the threads are going to continue to be so damn shallow I think I'll be checking in here less.

It's like this is the football equivalent of the womans' show The View.l

I didn't read all of the posts on this thread so I'm sure this has been mentioned, but no one on offense has a right to be upset with Drew. This has not been all Drew's fault, in fact in reality only a small portion of the offensive woes should be blamed on Drew. He just gets the brunt of it because he's the supposed leader (That is the main quality he lacks in my opinion). The receiver's have dropped as many passes as DB has misfired on. The OL and RB's have missed as many assignments as DB has screwed up. The penalties are all coming at the wrong time both offensively and defensively.

Although the defense has a right to complain, they have screwed up on plays that they have no right to mess up on. Jax last drive and Raiders 3rd and 27? and give up a 43 yard TD? Ridiculous. Even though the D has held our opponents to only 13 points in each game and the offense should have won the game, the Defense COULD have won the game without these lapses.

This is starting to look like CBS News in here.  People are offering up lies, rumors,

Stick to the facts.

39530[/snapback]

Agree 100%.

There has been a devision among Bills fans since the Flutie/Johnson days. Now it's anti-Bledsoe/Bledsoe. The only constant has been the absolutely abysmal play of the offensive line. They need to keep the running backs in and go to two tight end formations on passing plays. At one point during the Oakland game, the coaches sent Henry out on a pattern while a blitzing linebacker went scampering past him unabated towards the QB. Hey Mike Clements, get a freakin clue!

This is starting to look like CBS News in here.  People are offering up lies, rumors,

Stick to the facts.

Bledsoe has an 86.2 QB rating ranked in the top 40% of the league

TD/INT ratio in the top 10%

Running game yards per carry 2.7

Passing game yards per play (attempts AND completions) 8.2

Did Bledsoe have a subpar game? Yes

Is he terrible and the reason this team is not winning? No.

Should Shane Matthews be the QB? Gimme a break.

Let's start talking football and ALL the elements of a team and the

nuances of games instead of this character assassination all the time.

If the threads are going to continue to be so damn shallow I think I'll be checking in here less.

It's like this is the football equivalent of the womans' show The View.l

39530[/snapback]

Nice Post. Stick around kid.... ;)

Thanks.  I'm mostly a viewer and a less frequent poster.

I generally find this place to be more stimulating than the

official website board and KFFL, but lately....

39928[/snapback]

What? Didn't you know that after a loss this board has a collective Brain Fart and blames everything on Bledsoe and Donahoe for three days? It'll be even worse this week since there's a bye.

That pass off of Henries hands was Drew's high ball that Henry has to jump for on a 5 yard dump off pass. Another Drew mistake in my opinion, not Henry's

39449[/snapback]

Blame can be spread 50/50....Drew threw it high and hard and Henry plan old let it go through his hands....

Oneida lake is 100% correct. Bledsoe played poorly vs the Raiders but he is hardly the reason the team lost. He is partly responsible as are the safeties and DBs who got scorched on two 3rd and forevers, two holding calls taking back 160 yards, dropped passes for first downs, inabilty to score a TD at the goal line, etc etc...

Why is that stupid?

Most of these guys bust their asses and the Offense can't get it in from the ONE!

:D

40173[/snapback]

Contriving a straw man through the use of melodrama is stoopid. I know you're not stupid, but IMO that statement was.