What do you think Drews teammates think of him?

Pete

I would be pissed if I were a WR and Drew could not get the ball to me but I would be really pissed if I played on defense and constantly held opposing defenses to low scores and Drew could not lead our offense to some points. The team has to be losing all confidence in Drew. Its sad but true

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be pissed if I were a WR and Drew could not get the ball to me but I would be really pissed if I played on defense and constantly held opposing defenses to low scores and Drew could not lead our offense to some points.  The team has to be losing all confidence in Drew.  Its sad but true

38339[/snapback]

Didn't TKO try to kick his butt in last year?

While it is true that Drew stinks up the field more often than not these days, his wide receivers are hardly in the position to call him out. Their play (EM in particular) has been almost as erratic. The offensive line needs to shut it's pie hole too, before piling on Drew.

I almost whish that the defensive guys would start challenging the underachievers on the other side of the ball, a little more vocally. If things go the way they have been much longer, TKO will be crying and moaning about wanting to go back to Cincinnati.

I remember hearing something that Takeo was pleading "please give us something Drew.  Come on" or something to that effect.  I dont think Takeo beat him or anything but I might of missed something

38351[/snapback]

I thought AVP broke his hand trying to keep TKO off him...

could be wrong.

I would be pissed if I were a WR and Drew could not get the ball to me but I would be really pissed if I played on defense and constantly held opposing defenses to low scores and Drew could not lead our offense to some points.  The team has to be losing all confidence in Drew.  Its sad but true

38339[/snapback]

More to the point, what do Drew's teammates and coaches think of themselves? Missed assignments, missed coverages, stupid penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, lousy special teams play, poor execution, bad playcalling...the list goes on and on.

What's needed is some serious introspection by the entire organization from the top down including, but not limited to, Bledsoe.

More to the point is that Drew is not a leader. No he is quite the opposite. His play will cause teammates to lose faith in him and will ultimately pull the team down. Who the hell is the leader on this team? Who leads the offense? Someone check and see if Drew has a pulse

Guest Guesteroo

Hmmm. . . this is beginning to sound eerily simialr to last year. Maybe Gregg Williams wasn't the worst coach of all time after all. Everyone said that with a new coaching staff, the offense would be much better. But, I tried to warn everyone that Pittsburgh's offense last year (with IMMOBILE QB = Maddox) was extremly stagnant. I still do not like the hiring of MM. Charlie Weiss could get offensive production out of ANYONE.

38339[/snapback]

The dissention in the Ranks has begun already...

''In order to beat a team that we need to beat, we have to capitalize on all opportunities,'' linebacker Takeo Spikes said. ''If you're inside the 1, we need to score.''

"We get it on the 1 and we've got to score," said (Pat) Williams. "You get opportunities like that and you've got to put it in."

Not that these quotes are directed at DB, but it's Defense talking about Offense, and you can just imagine what is being said when the Reporters are not around. Give it another couple of Games like yesterday and things could get ugly early. These guys are Pro's, and they have all played vs. great QB's...they know, and you can bet they are not a bit happy about it. As Pro's though, they are not going to call Drew out, at least not yet...

Pete  Today, 11:48 AM Post #1 

Put it on the Underhills tab

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,151

I would be pissed if I were a WR and Drew could not get the ball to me but I would be really pissed if I played on defense and constantly held opposing defenses to low scores and Drew could not lead our offense to some points. The team has to be losing all confidence in Drew. Its sad but true

Pete, I respectfully disagree with you. I was at the game yesterday, and yes Drew was awful, especially with those passes that short hopped his receivers. At the same time our receivers dropped several passes themselves. You recall in the 2nd quarter when the Bills were driving had a 3rd and 4 at the 14. Bledsoe was pressured and was in the process of being sacked, but he still managed to get the ball off, and Josh Reed is at the 10 yard, ball hits Reed in the hands, and he drops it. I think he took his eyes off it which does no good either, however if he catches it, they have a first down and goal. Let's not forget Travis Henry's non catch, that turned into an INT. Moulds dropped one, Campbell dropped one. There was a crucial false start by Moulds deep in Raiders territory. Let's not forget the two costly penalties on special teams, which negated returns by McGee & Clements.

I do admit Drew was terrible yesterday, but I can not say that yesterday's loss was all his fault.

Pete, I respectfully disagree with you. I was at the game yesterday, and yes Drew was awful, especially with those passes that short hopped his receivers. At the same time our receivers dropped several passes themselves. You recall in the 2nd quarter when the Bills were driving had a 3rd and 4 at the 14. Bledsoe was pressured and was in the process of being sacked, but he still managed to get the ball off, and Josh Reed is at the 10 yard, ball hits Reed in the hands, and he drops it. I think he took his eyes off it which does no good either, however if he catches it, they have a first down and goal. Let's not forget Travis Henry's non catch, that turned into an INT. Moulds dropped one, Campbell dropped one. There was a crucial false start by Moulds deep in Raiders territory. Let's not forget the two costly penalties on special teams, which negated returns by McGee & Clements.

I do admit Drew was terrible yesterday, but I can not say that yesterday's loss was all his fault.

39349[/snapback]

Oh come now Mark. This is Drew's fault also. He is failing to inspire their desire to catch the ball, not hold on returns or pick up the blitz as backs. Everyone on the team is so down because of Drew that you simply cannot expect them to do their job anymore at this point. :)

BuffaloBob Posted Today, 12:10 AM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Sep 20 2004, 11:54 PM)

Oh come now Mark. This is Drew's fault also. He is failing to inspire their desire to catch the ball, not hold on returns or pick up the blitz as backs. Everyone on the team is so down because of Drew that you simply cannot expect them to do their job anymore at this point. 

:):doh::lol:

Oh come now Mark. This is Drew's fault also.  He is failing to inspire their desire to catch the ball, not hold on returns or pick up the blitz as backs.  Everyone on the team is so down because of Drew that you simply cannot expect them to do their job anymore at this point.  :)

39353[/snapback]

I've been watching replay of the game and have come to the conclusion that its the spin that Drew puts on the ball that makes the recievers drop so many easy catches.....Sam Wyche needs to show him a new arm motion that will make the rotation on the ball more natural(luckily we have the bye this week)....Wyche will work his magic and the drops will end.....

I've been watching replay of the game and have come to the conclusion that its the spin that Drew puts on the ball that makes the recievers drop so many easy catches.....Sam Wyche needs to show him a new arm motion that will make the rotation on the ball more natural(luckily we have the bye this week)....Wyche will work his magic and the drops will end.....

39357[/snapback]

Dude, what are you talking about? How many types of rotation can you put on a football. Clockwise and counterclockwise. End-over-end? I'm not sure I get this dude.

39357[/snapback]

huh?

I meant it as a serious question. Foxboro Mike's signature says something to effect of Ty Law saying to Rodney Harrison "I know we are gonna win because we have Tom Brady". Do you think Drews teammates have that kind of confidence in him? Or do you think that when we are down by 5 with 1:30 left in the game that they go "oh stevestojan". I think the later but that is just conjecture

Dude, what are you talking about?  How many types of rotation can you put on a football.  Clockwise and counterclockwise.  End-over-end?  I'm not sure I get this dude.

39367[/snapback]

Hey i was trying to come with an excuse to why our WR/TE's have dropped 7-8 passes this year....LoL

I was joking..... :)