How many people on this board are currently active

Hardy Pyle

OMG, get your head out of your arse, man. If you do not know what you are talking about, please stay out of the conversation......An overweight Burnout....sheesh!!!!!

I always thought that a "head" was a burnout that was a also overweight.  Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

539303[/snapback]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that a "head" was a burnout that was a also overweight.  Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

539303[/snapback]

no...first you're a head, then after several years you become a burnout, then you grow up, get married, get a job in Big Pharma and become a Republican. B-)

I see everyone standing around looking at us non-jocks chanting..."Spaz! Spaz! Spaz! Spaz!" while we type our typical racing-with-an-egg-on-a-spoon responses.

539419[/snapback]

Lets go for a ride.

LA, Coli, NG...someone crack a window...

I see everyone standing around looking at us non-jocks chanting..."Spaz! Spaz! Spaz! Spaz!" while we type our typical racing-with-an-egg-on-a-spoon responses.

539419[/snapback]

Wendy: Tripper, I'm looking forward to some action this summer. I hope you can supply it.

Tripper: I'll supply it for you, but the guy you gotta watch out for is Spaz!

Wendy: Spaz?

Tripper: He's a sex machine.

Wendy: He couldn't wake me up with a trumpet and a drum!

Tripper: Well I went out with him one night and he got off six nurses by himself, and four of them couldn't report to work the next morning!

B-)

Wendy: Tripper, I'm looking forward to some action this summer. I hope you can supply it.

Tripper: I'll supply it for you, but the guy you gotta watch out for is Spaz!

Wendy: Spaz?

Tripper: He's a sex machine.

Wendy: He couldn't wake me up with a trumpet and a drum!

Tripper: Well I went out with him one night and he got off six nurses by himself, and four of them couldn't report to work the next morning!

B-)

539424[/snapback]

"Is that a bra you're wearing, or are you expecting an assassination attempt?"

Funny damn movie.

Played high school football, messed my knee up as a sophomore, SDS helped my healing with a free Jills calendar, came back and played my senior year. Played baseball all throughout. Now play intramural flag football at Miss. State. Seasons over though... =(

but i did sign up for scuba diving classes starting in january!

I play pickup hockey every Thursday night, and I play on a men's team every Sunday night. We're 9-2-2 at press time!

I also officiate ice hockey. I skate in 6-10 games per week. Very active.

I also play racquetball (we have a court at work) a couple times a week.

Not bad for two reconstructed knees, eh?

i run. every other day now...4-10 miles. slowly. haven't raced in over a year becuase i had sports hernia (fixed by mcnabb's doc in philly) surgery last january, and torn meniscus in both knees doing rehab in march. freak accidents every time. result was 3 surgeries and my knees still kill me. i think i'm washed up. it's depressing, because i was still running personal records as recently as last summer (at 39), but i am dealing with it. some people have real problems. this is not one of them.

my last race was a 2:46 marathon with a f@#$ing sports hernia. believe it or not, it wasn't much fun at all!

oh...i guess it's not a team sport. ok...never mind.

um, ok... i coach xc and track.

Used to do Karate Tournaments. Third in NYS bout 10 years back. Thought of picking it back up down here in ATL, but most of it that I've seen 'round here is simply aerobics with some roundhouse action.

Big no on the team sports thing.

Does coaching count? I coach a Little - Loop teama and help coach a Pee Wee Hockey team. I get to throw TD's against 4'4" defensive terrors and I also get to skate against them on the ice, I'm not afraid to have them bring it on !!!! However some of these kids do skate a haeck of a lot better than I do. I just keep telling them it my bad knees and the metal plate in my head from the war. Glad they are still young enough not to know better.

I played rec softball up until 4 years ago, when I had a major brain hemorrhage. Last winter I was an asst basketball coach for my youngest son (club league - 7 years old). Soccer coach (not that I know anything about soccer) this past fall for my 9-year old daughter, and asst basketball coach for that same daughter right now.

Does coaching count?  I coach a Little - Loop teama and help coach a Pee Wee Hockey team.  I get to throw TD's against 4'4" defensive terrors and I also get to skate against them on the ice, I'm not afraid to have them bring it on !!!!  However some of these kids do skate a haeck of a lot better than I do.  I just keep telling them it my bad knees and the metal plate in my head from the war.  Glad they are still young enough not to know better.

540260[/snapback]

:doh::D:lol:

I played basketball and football in high school....moved onto a Div II college and played some football there.....screwed up a ligiment in my knee so I moved on to the military and played some intermural sports there.....

Lately I have been a basketball coach and a Junior All American Football coach (my son plays basketball and football...I have coached on his teams but never him directly)

Basically right now I am recovering from football burnout.....our JAAF team made the playoffs and my son had very good year as a FB/LB he moves on to High School so now I get to sit in the stands and watch......

I am also interested in knowing why this thread was created.

Guest BackInDaDay
I played basketball and football in high school....moved onto a Div II college and played some football there.....screwed up a ligiment in my knee so I moved on to the military and played some intermural sports there.....

Lately I have been a basketball coach and a Junior All American Football coach (my son plays basketball and football...I have coached on his teams but never him directly)

Basically right now I am recovering from football burnout.....our JAAF team made the playoffs and my son had very good year as a FB/LB he moves on to High School so now I get to sit in the stands and watch......

I am also interested in knowing why this thread was created.

540329[/snapback]

Hey John, how'd that televised game go? Congrats, by the way! :D

It's tougher in the stands than on the sidelines, for a number of reasons, be prepared. :w00t:

Guest BackInDaDay
Played pop warner since I was 7 and  highschool football/baseball/wrestling  now I volunteer coach for one of the local pop warner teams as a defensive line and lb coach

540288[/snapback]

Where you at?

Our club is the Middletown Eagles in the Jersey Shore League. Maybe we play you guys. :D

I'm on 3 softball teams here in florida. I am what you might call "softball guy". You know, the one who keeps stats, the one with the wristbands, the one with eye-black and high socks.

It is a whole lot of fun even if you lose. And if you swing a good bat, you can have even more fun.