Why do some posters....

Stl Bills

For Instance every time JDG makes a post he always ends it with JDG. Your freakin name screename is JDG, or when PromoTheRobot signs his post PTR.  Just curious, thats all

STL B

537732[/snapback]

Not sure, but I don't leave my username's initials.

Lets just say its pretty famous around here, and not in a good way. :D

For Instance every time JDG makes a post he always ends it with JDG. Your freakin name screename is JDG, or when PromoTheRobot signs his post PTR.  Just curious, thats all

STL B

537732[/snapback]

when you see FU in a reply... those aren't initials... :D

I'll speculate that it's similar to the practice of doing so at the end of an email.  (I do neither, BTW.)

Perhaps a holdout from the bygone days of snail-mail letters &/or notes where the sender isn't previously identified.

537758[/snapback]

Just a habit...signing your work, if you will. It's also a trademark...something to be known for.

P-T-R!

STL B

537732[/snapback]

I have no idea why they do that.

JiS

I used to do it on another forum b/c when I read another's post, I'd get to the end & say to myself "who wrote that?" Then I'd have to figure it out. On this forum, though, I just look to the left, and there it is. Therefore, I don't do it here.

STL B

537732[/snapback]

Because its shorter than writing out "J o h n D . G i o r g i s"?

Because when you send a letter to someone, its proper to sign your name, even if your name is at the top of the stationary?

Because when reading TBD, I ignore the left-hand column and just read through the posts anyways, and so a signature makes it a lot easier to see who is writing what?

JDG - Because its tradition......

STL B

537732[/snapback]

because they don't have the education to put some professional title like PHD or CPA so they think they look professional by putting their initials..

soon I will have my own

CFA :lol: