Roscoe Parrish aka Antonio Brown

LabattBlue

Am I the only one not impressed by RP's so-called blazing speed? I believe there was one kick or punt return yesterday where he appeared to be caught from behind by a LB. I don't see any elusiveness from him on the passes he has caught or the kicks he has returned and because he is 170 lbs. soaking wet, he can't break any tackles and goes down easily.

I know it is only his first year, but I don't see anything special about his future. He probably would have been a better pick for the Rams in their wide open offense.

Remind anyone of Antonio Brown?

He was never advertised as having any significant speed. He has great hands, quickness, agility, and a knack for playing the slot. He is also among the NFL leaders in punt return average. I've said this before but I did not like the pick at that position in the draft, but I do think he is living up to what was expected of him since his return from the injury.

naw, not really.  The elusiveness isn't there so much at the NFL level, but at least he has hands.  Antonio Brown couldn't catch a cold.

530179[/snapback]

I should have phrased my originial post differently. My comparison is more of a guy who has good(not great) straight ahead speed and goes down very easily. Not so much of a comparison as to how he can catch the football.

He was never advertised as having any significant speed. He has great hands, quickness, agility, and a knack for playing the slot. He is also among the NFL leaders in punt return average. I've said this before but I did not like the pick at that position in the draft, but I do think he is living up to what was expected of him since his return from the injury.

530180[/snapback]

Small sample - who has to punt to the Bills? :D

Parrish is better than Brown as in the fact Antonio couldnt catch the ocean falling from a boat...

However, they are both those quick little guys that try to make huge plays on punt returns by running every which way except upfield. Parrish is a little better at making his initial move upfrield, but they both try way to hard to return every kick for 6.

I do think Parrish become a much better returner during this offseason and upcoming preseason, I think that injury really set him back from getting a good feel of how fast the special teams game is in the NFL.

I also agree there were much better picks to be had in the second round though, than a slot WR/KR.

Probably bad timing for this, cuz antonio brown had one heck of a game last night for green bay...

530177[/snapback]

Green Bay doesn't have an Antonio Brown. They have Antonio Chatman. DC has Antonio Brown. Minny has Antonio Winfield.

Green Bay doesn't have an Antonio Brown.  They have Antonio Chatman.  DC has Antonio Brown.  Minny has Antonio Winfield.

530193[/snapback]

Antonio Brown returned a KO for a 91 yard TD yesterday:

Arizona Cardinals at 03:40

N.Novak kicks 61 yards from ARZ 30 to WAS 9. A.Brown for 91 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

He is quick and elusive but never had "blazing speed" He is fast but not the fastest guy on the team. He will reain a very good punt returner and a good weapon offensively, but never more than a third/slot receiver because of size. And that's fine.

He is quick and elusive but never had "blazing speed"    He is fast but not the fastest guy on the team.  He will reain a very good punt returner and a good weapon offensively, but never more than a third/slot receiver because of size.  And that's fine.

530319[/snapback]

It's the elusiveness that I'm waiting to see. Being able to run quickly in a straight line isn't being elusive. Maybe next year he will be more elusive. :D

It's the elusiveness that I'm waiting to see.  Being able to run quickly in a straight line isn't being elusive.  Maybe next year he will be more elusive. :D

530323[/snapback]

how elusive can one be when they are sprinting up the sidelines? His elusiveness was displayed a week ro so ago when he caught the little screen and quickly darted for 8 or so yards.

530180[/snapback]

Actually he was clocked with one the fastest 40 times in the history of UM.

Give Roscoe time, I saw a lot of him at UM, he does have the potential to make some big plays in the NFL.

As for his size, did anyone notice some of the blocks he put out there yesterday?

Actually he was clocked with one the fastest 40 times in the history of UM.

Give Roscoe time, I saw a lot of him at UM, he does have the potential to make some big plays in the NFL.

As for his size, did anyone notice some of the blocks he put out there yesterday?

530409[/snapback]

Yep, he pancaked a linebacker! That was hard to miss. As long as he continues to show that he'll sacrafice himself out there, he's fine in my book.

I noticed that myself, here's some additional discussion from last week.

Linky

530189[/snapback]

In this thread, I posted this:

"I agree, Kzoo Mike. I thought he would be a lot faster, and more elusive. I hate to say it--but he reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown, our erstwhile punt returner. Lots of speed once he gets going in a straight line, but otherwise not particularly quick. Then again, he's only played a handful of games--I'm hoping with some more experience he'll become more like a Dante Hall."

I stick by it; the guy goes down to easily and needs a 30 yard running start to get going. He's great returning line-drive kicks and punts. But if you ask him to start running from a standstill position and make guys miss, he's terrible.