Losman - Game turning

ajflutie

Don't look to JP when asigning blame for this debacle.

529084[/snapback]

No, the debacle was not JP's fault alone but people need to start seeing this for what it is. He's a bad QB right now and reverted back to underthrowing, overthrowing, misreading the defense, no pocket awareness, etc... JP has been awful at times and he still has not done one single thing in the 2nd half of any game thus far. When he gets time or rolls out he needs to hit some easy throws and he still struggles badly.

No, the debacle was not JP's fault alone but people need to start seeing this for what it is.  He's a bad QB right now and reverted back to underthrowing, overthrowing, misreading the defense, no pocket awareness, etc...  JP has been awful at times and he still has not done one single thing in the 2nd half of any game thus far.  When he gets time or rolls out he needs to hit some easy throws and he still struggles badly.

529176[/snapback]

JP will be more than fine when we get him an o-line. ;)

No, the debacle was not JP's fault alone but people need to start seeing this for what it is.  He's a bad QB right now and reverted back to underthrowing, overthrowing, misreading the defense, no pocket awareness, etc...  JP has been awful at times and he still has not done one single thing in the 2nd half of any game thus far.  When he gets time or rolls out he needs to hit some easy throws and he still struggles badly.

529176[/snapback]

He had someone in his face the whole game. They showed the replay from one down and the Pats only rushed three, and dropped eveyone else into coverage. Yup. The Pats rushed three and still got to the QB. What the hell do you expect the kid to do with that? At one point, Cross said JP was on his own out there on the field. Cross is a complete idiot, and even he could see Losman didn't have a chance.

He had someone in his face the whole game.  They showed the replay from one down and the Pats only rushed three, and dropped eveyone else into coverage.  Yup.  The Pats rushed three and still got to the QB.  What the hell do you expect the kid to do with that?  At one point, Cross said JP was on his own out there on the field.  Cross is a complete idiot, and even he could see Losman didn't have a chance.

529182[/snapback]

I couldn't throw with Teague in my lap 2 out of 3 plays, either. Remember whn JP got drafted and the talk? All those great stats despite a horrendous offensive line? Gee, wonder how that happened? Didn't work, TD. A "mobile" rookie QB is not going to compensate in the NFL.

I couldn't throw with Teague in my lap 2 out of 3 plays, either. Remember whn JP got drafted and the talk? All those great stats despite a horrendous offensive line? Gee, wonder how that happened? Didn't work, TD. A "mobile" rookie QB is not going to compensate in the NFL.

529186[/snapback]

On a day when Tom Brady rushes for 17 yards and a TD on a gimpy ankle, you would think these coaches would have maybe used JPs ability even once. They said the Pats were practicing for that, and were worried about JPs ability to scramble. This coaching staff sucks.

it is pretty clear some of our players have given up, i think that includes our o line.

they have prolly been ripped and told they suck, so now they are just not trying.

also, i have decided VAbills is right, mcnally ain't sheet

People relax, i think Losman has a chance to be a decent QB someday but take the blinders off for a minute and admit that he stinks right now. He is not NFL starting QB material. I was at the game yesterday. I saw the plays where he had no chance because of the O-line and i also saw several plays where he had time or bought himself some time and completely botched it. The quotes below are in today's Jerry Sullivan article. I don't always agree with Sullivan but he hit it on the head here.

"Let's hope Losman was paying attention Sunday - when he wasn't busy bouncing throws to his receivers."

"Losman looked like a backup by comparison, a Pop Warner backup."

"The fact is, the Bills never had a chance because they were hopelessly outclassed at the game's most vital position: quarterback."

"Losman was bound to suffer by comparison, and he did not rise to the challenge. He played his worst game since the New Orleans debacle. Pats writers, who aren't inclined to give Losman the benefit of the doubt, were astonished at how poorly he played."

"Let's hope Losman was paying attention Sunday - when he wasn't busy bouncing throws to his receivers." 

"The fact is, the Bills never had a chance because they were hopelessly outclassed at the game's most vital position: quarterback."

"Losman was bound to suffer by comparison, and he did not rise to the challenge. He played his worst game since the New Orleans debacle. Pats writers, who aren't inclined to give Losman the benefit of the doubt, were astonished at how poorly he played."

529271[/snapback]

In this instance, Sullivan is wrong.

The OL is running for the bus. They didn't even make an EFFORT to block in this game. They stink, and they're heartless. Not a good combination.

Losman had his worst game since the saints. many people will make excuses for him; playcalling, protection problems, and all of them are valid, but they don't really minimize his weak play much for me. Losman has shown repeatedly that he does not possess natural poise. He doesn't have that calmness you need. Can he get it? Maybe. I don't know, and neither does he.

But he was supposed to be accurate. He's not. Argue that if you want but you have no ammo.

He was supposed to be smart with the ball but to me that means taking what the defense gives you. He doesn't.

He either has a long way to go before he's capable of being a winning QB, or he's a coach killer. One of these 2 is true. We'll see which one. I hope it's the former.

Losman had his worst game since the saints. many people will make excuses for him; playcalling, protection problems, and all of them are valid, but they don't really minimize his weak play much for me. Losman has shown repeatedly that he does not possess natural poise. He doesn't have that calmness you need. Can he get it? Maybe. I don't know, and neither does he.

But he was supposed to be accurate. He's not. Argue that if you want but you have no ammo.

He was supposed to be smart with the ball but to me that means taking what the defense gives you. He doesn't.

He either has a long way to go before he's capable of being a winning QB, or he's a coach killer. One of these 2 is true. We'll see which one. I hope it's the former.

529370[/snapback]

9 games.

How'd Peyton or Eli look after 9 games?

Give him a chance fer crying out loud. We kept that stiff Bledsoe around for 3 years!

9 games.

How'd Peyton or Eli look after 9 games?

Give him a chance fer crying out loud. We kept that stiff Bledsoe around for 3 years!

529389[/snapback]

I think there is only one QB in this league who has looked REALLY good in his first 9 games, and he was projected in some draft previews as going to the bills but was taken just before losman.

The INT was on a 3rd and goal from the 20 yard line.  The underneath WR on the left side of the field was open but JP decided to throw it to Evans in the endzone who was double covered (the DB that was covering the underneath WR pulled off and dropped into the endzone to double Evans).  JP was trying to force the ball for a TD instead of settling for a FG.

My main problem with this is on a 3rd and goal from the 20 why on earth is MM letting JP drop back to throw it into the endzone where the Pats had loads of DBs?  A screen, a draw, anything safe to put points on the board early.  The mistake was JPs for throwing the ball but I can't believe that MM would actually attempt anything other than a super safe playcall.

528698[/snapback]

"After making a great throw to Evans, Losman took the Bills' momentum away by misreading the coverage and throwing an end-zone interception on a third-and-goal play from the Pats' 22. Evans ran a flat route underneath toward the left sideline while Sam Aiken ran a corner route behind him. Losman didn't see Pats corner Asante Samuel quickly back off his man, Evans, and easily move into position for the pickoff.

"It was a bad read by J.P. on the throw," Mularkey said. "We had Lee underneath." "

The real problem is the playcalling and play design.

Losman was trying to score a TD. His coaches, however had other ideas.

On 3rd and goal from the 20, the objective should be to score a TD, not inch the ball closer to the endzone.

Yet by Mullarkey's own words, the play had Evans (his best WR) runa pattern 15 yards short of the endzone.

The Pats DB recognized the stupidity of this play design and left our best WR wide open since he could do no harm at the 15 yard line and retreated to the endzone.

Seems awful familiar to the last NE game where Holcomb threw to Moulds as the decoy 7 yards short of a 1st down on 4th down.

Losman may not have executed properly, but he is really being hindered by the play calling and play design of Mullarkey. He is too cute for his own good.

As

Like that INT at the goal line last week?  This kid is all talk and no substance.  He's proven he can't play in this league.  Time to move on.  And please, he's shown zero improvement from week to week.  If he had, he'd have alot more yards, TD's, less fumbles and INT"s.

529053[/snapback]

Yeah...sure...if he had a decent line giving him more than 2 seconds to

make a throw.....and a running game will help......Remeber the goal of

the year......Our MIGHTY Defense and GREAT Running Game and added

to it our COACHING staffs committed to POWER-RUNNING were supposed

to shepher a young, effectively rookie QB along a NFL Season.....Can we

first try to do those 1st three things before hitting at the QB................

529271[/snapback]

Huh. Let's see how this sounds with a little substitution.

"Let's hope McGahee was paying attention Sunday - when he wasn't busy bouncing off his offensive linemen."

"McGahee looked like a backup by comparison, a Pop Warner backup."

"The fact is, the Bills never had a chance because they were hopelessly outclassed at the game's most vital position: running back."

"McGahee was bound to suffer by comparison, and he did not rise to the challenge. He played his worst game since <insert your favorite debacle>. Pats writers, who aren't inclined to give McGahee the benefit of the doubt, were astonished at how poorly he played."

Yep. Looks like you can just substitute any Bills player in there and it sounds appropriate. Just another way of saying that JP's play, while poor, is not any more a reason for this loss than the play of every single other player on the team. Except perhaps Fletcher. Or Moorman.

This is quite possibly the stupidest assault on JP I have ever read. He has no O-Line to block for him. The #1 WR out of the game . His 1st year as a starter and you guys are ready to throw him under the bus ?

Why don't you go find another sport to follow and complain about. Leave the Bills to fans with a few brain cells left.

I don't remember the announcers talking about JP missing somebody.

If the open receiver was Evans, then it wasn't cut and dry. Evans cut his out pattern short at about the 10, but didn't draw Samuel far enough away from Aiken's similar route in the end zone. That makes me think JP just threw it too soon, or should have fake-pumped to Evans.

528711[/snapback]

Correct, the INT occured because the DB made a better play on the ball than Aiken, Aiken simply got beat. Good read by JP in my opinion. IF it were moulds or Evans, Its TD or batted pass.

This is quite possibly the stupidest assault on JP I have ever read. He has no O-Line to block for him. The #1 WR out of the game . His 1st year as a starter and you guys are ready to throw him under the bus ?

529750[/snapback]

Completely agree ! At this rate, we will let everyone go from this team and start anew.

Why don't you go find another sport to follow and complain about. Leave the Bills to fans with a few brain cells left.

529750[/snapback]

Can't do it anyway. The Bills Bus is out of the parking lot and gone well before any fans could even get there.

Not sure entirely why, but I'm still bugged with the JP pick and the knowledge by all that he played behind a poor line in college. Seems to me, this pick was proof that TD and company had no intentions of doing anything to fix the blocking right from the start. Also explains Roscoe. The quickness might get him another 3 yards down the field than a slower receiver, before the QB gets killed.

Smoke and mirrors. Gimick ball.

Like that INT at the goal line last week?  This kid is all talk and no substance.  He's proven he can't play in this league.  Time to move on.  And please, he's shown zero improvement from week to week.  If he had, he'd have alot more yards, TD's, less fumbles and INT"s.

529053[/snapback]

Bledsoe and Flutie are gone. Get over it.